• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Made my decision from earlier, I also realized that it was important for one of my trophies later so it was for the best.

Also got two more just now: persona shopper and a fusion one for making Black Frost. As much as I'm happy having Black Frost, I gave up my original Izanagi for him. Ah well, I can fuse Izanagi again if I want to.

Jintor

Dantis, did you post something on GameFAQs trying to figure out the lyrics to Snowflakes?

I've still got the Book Trophy, the 100% fusion trophy, the Reaper trophy and the Okami-no-Izanagi trophy to go I think. Oh, and visit Nanako. And Social Link max... sheesh. Oh, and I want to fight Margaret.

Noi

Somehow managed to beat the Void Quest boss on my first try... pretty much exhausted all of my supplies, but man I could feel the tension. Boss used a regular attack + gygadine combo on my MC, which would have meant DEATH had I not casted Marakukaja right on that turn. Survived with only 7 HP. ._____.

I also did it in one in-game day even though I said I wouldn't be doing so. WOOPS...

While some of the new events are short, they really do solidify this group of people as unbreakable bros. just finished the fireworks festival.

Noi

Oh yeah, MC level 37 and sitting at 50~ish hours. Fused a Parvati just for the fight and took up the mantle of healer since Yuki doesn't know Mediarama yet.

Dungeon itself was way easier than striptease now that I actually have persona worth a damn. I can even kill gold hands now, which I had to run away from every time before.

Kazzy

God the show is so ugly.

I plan on going through the dubbed version soon.

Probably the ugliest of the season, but it's fun!

lmfao, Igor "messed" up my fusion and turned a level 20 persona into Metatron xD

...the fuck? Whenever I've encountered it, he substitutes Satan for the likes of Abaddon.

Oh yeah, MC level 37 and sitting at 50~ish hours. Fused a Parvati just for the fight and took up the mantle of healer since Yuki doesn't know Mediarama yet.

Dungeon itself was way easier than striptease now that I actually have persona worth a damn. I can even kill gold hands now, which I had to run away from every time before.

The balance is weird with a couple of dungeons. The strip club has an awkward mix of weaknesses/resistances, meaning the dungeon itself is actually more challenging that the boss itself. Which is the exact inverse of the Void Quest, which is a walkover, but the boss can hit you hard (if you're not prepared for it).

Jintor

The show has some really good comedy moments and Meguro's music can generally carry the epic/touching stuff ("We are One" is god damn amazing)

Kazzy

The show has some really good comedy moments and Meguro's music can generally carry the epic/touching stuff ("We are One" is god damn amazing)

I loved all the new music for it. As crappy as that animation quality is, there is a lot of attention to detail paid with references to the games. They could have just played out the main story but they go beyond that, nearly the entire cast of social links characters are included in some way too. As a fan, I enjoyed it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wanted to see more of Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet

tumblr_m94g6w3I8U1rx8x2eo1_500.jpg

mxgt

Banned
Anyone know what days
Adachi
shows up so I can raise my S-Link? I just started September and I can never find him.

Jintor

May
13th, 20th, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 30th

June
5th, 10th, 11th, 15th, 26th, 28th

July
2nd, 4th, 5th, 12th, 14th, 24th, 25th

August
23rd, 25th

September
1st, 19th, 20th, 21st, 23rd, 24th, 27th, 30th

October
6th, 12th, 21th, 24th, 26th

November
1st

Dresden

Can't decide if I want to go for P3P or a ng+ in P4G.

A bit off topic but P3P would be so much better with touchscreen controls.

kiyomi

holy shit the summer beach scene. I'm dying here.

lol yup.

Currently ~52 hours in, level 61. Rise, Yukiko and Brosuke all maxed SL. Kinda regret not going with Yukiko though ;_;

Right now just grinding a little bit in the
Paradise
. I really need to go back and get some earlier Persona 'cause I just completely forgot to add most of them to the compendium. D'oh.

Jintor

Yeah. That stuff's super melancholy. Unfortunately it doesn't snow in my country so I don't really feel like I get the full impact.

Kazzy

Does anyone know where I can acquire the Vita pouch (if at all) that comes with the Solid Gold edition? It was the only reason I was even interested in purchasing it to begin with, because truth be told, P4 deserves a much better treatment that that.
And it was the only decent thing in the entire package.

Via Fusion.

You'll need to use Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost, Pixie, and Ghoul.

It's a special (five Personae) fusion of Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost, Pixie, and Ghoul. It should ideally get Fire Amp, Mind Charge, and Agidyne/Maragion from the resulting level ups.

It's basically one of the strognest Personae at that level, having no weaknesses and draining two elements (Fire/Ice)

Thanks! Black Frost is dope.

Dantis

Yeah. That stuff's super melancholy. Unfortunately it doesn't snow in my country so I don't really feel like I get the full impact.

Yep. Completely caught me off guard when I first got to that point. The lyrics are so fitting. When it said "Thinking then, this friendship it was built to last", I was just like "Well damn :(".

Does anyone know where I can acquire the Vita pouch (if at all) that comes with the Solid Gold edition? It was the only reason I was even interested in purchasing it to begin with, because truth be told, P4 deserves a much better treatment that that.
And it was the only decent thing in the entire package.

Actually, the hard snap case is also awesome as I have something additional to grip, not to mention it protects the screen due to a piece of foam that pads it. Anyways, you'd have to try eBay, yahoo Japan auctions or see if anyone is willing to sell the case by itself as its been sold out in Japan for a while.

I went through the same rational when the solid gold edition was announced. Glad
I got it though.

Is Mind Charge very useful? I need to make room for Mudoon on my Black Frost and I'm not sure what to cut:

Masakunda
Marakukuja
Mind Charge

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is Mind Charge very useful? I need to make room for Mudoon on my Black Frost and I'm not sure what to cut:

Masakunda
Marakukuja
Mind Charge

Yes, it doubles your magic attacks for one turn. Very very useful.

I'd argue that mudoon is less useful than it.

Decisions, decisions! I have Mind Charge on other Persona and never use it, so I'm wondering if that's my problem rather than the skill's.

I only ever use Mind Charge for bosses, but then it is pretty useful in those situations. Its nice to see an enemy get hit for like 600 damage even though he's a higher level than you...

I only ever use Mind Charge for bosses, but then it is pretty useful in those situations. Its nice to see an enemy get hit for like 600 damage even though he's a higher level than you...

Somehow, mind/power charge always ends up giving me significantly more than 2x regular damage, and is one of the only way my low-level tending characters can damage the bosses, so I find them to be extremely useful.

Sophia

Mind Charge has it's uses for regular enemies too, but yeah it's mainly a boss killer. And the way damage is calculated means it can do more than 2x damage.

Mind Charge has it's uses for regular enemies too, but yeah it's mainly a boss killer. And the way damage is calculated means it can do more than 2x damage.
Yeah, that description makes it sound worthless because you're like "Why spend two turns to just do the damage equal to two turns, and waste a skill slot?"

Alternately, I always forgot what the sukujaka and tarujaka did, when the option of taking an auto version of each rolled around.

Sophia

Yeah, that description makes it sound worthless because you're like "Why spend two turns to just do the damage equal to two turns, and waste a skill slot?"

I saw the exact formula a long time ago, but it eludes me now. Basically, Mind/Power Charge multiples the base damage by 2.5. Depending on the Persona and ability used, as well as the defense of the enemy, the final damage could be higher or lower.

Alternately, I always forgot what the sukujaka and tarujaka did, when the option of taking an auto version of each rolled around.

Tarukaja increase the target's Attack by 40%. Tarunda decrease the target's Attack by 40%. Rakukaja increase the target's Defense by 40%. Rakunda decrease the target's Defense by 40%. They don't quite cancel each other out (as they modify different stats), but close.

Kazzy

I got the "Hardcore Risette Fan" Trophy. I GOT IT!

Need to pad out the compendium a little, acquire 10 more skill cards for the trophy, and I should be all but ready to take on the final boss.

Some of the skill cards you can gather as part of shuffles is pretty ridiculous. I mean, "Null physical" and "Spell Master" make my already powerful Persona, pretty much infallible.

Tamanon

Banned
Mind Charge is awesome on those robots where you only do 8 or 9 damage with any attack, it breaks the formula and one-shots them.

Of course, I always just used those 50 damage items, as they do exactly as advertised, lol.

Ponn

Banned
I got the "Hardcore Risette Fan" Trophy. I GOT IT!

Need to pad out the compendium a little, acquire 10 more skill cards for the trophy, and I should be all but ready to take on the final boss.

Some of the skill cards you can gather as part of shuffles is pretty ridiculous. I mean, "Null physical" and "Spell Master" make my already powerful Persona, pretty much infallible.

I'm still hunting for an Arms Master for my Yoshitsune.

My god Yoshitsune is so incredibly powerful and underrated. I rarely see people talking about that persona but holy shit Hassou Tobi + Debilitate + Power Charge just eviscerates bosses.

Sophia

Mind Charge is awesome on those robots where you only do 8 or 9 damage with any attack, it breaks the formula and one-shots them.

Of course, I always just used those 50 damage items, as they do exactly as advertised, lol.

It doesn't actually break the formula. They just have really high defense and really low HP. Mind Charge is fantastic for them because the defense is only calculated once. So all that extra damage is just that, instead of getting mitigated. >_>;

Noi

Chie gets a cavalry attack if she is in reserves? Pretty rad.

It's Yosuke in my case, and I keep telling him to bug off cause his wimpy scooter only does 40 damage. Then again, he hasnt been in my party since the bathhouse...

I'm gonna feel bad when I ditch Kanji for Naoto, but I can't pass up the new Naoto. I actively used her in Vanilla, so I wanna see just how drastic her changes are.

Sophia

I am enjoying using everyone so far....

...I don't get the Yosuke hate.

Yosuke was a fantastic ally in my party until I started getting quad-elemental Personae and stuff like Black Frost with Mind Charge. Suddenly he became far less useful when I could one shot random encounters. He still has his purposes tho....

Top Bottom