• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

^I thought they didnt finish the dub for like half the episodes yet?

There's a True Ending episode, but it's on its own disc. Don't think Sentai dubbed it either.

Shame, because it's amazotron.

Actually its kind of bad. Very nice concept though. Mediocre execution.

Noi

I've yet to see the True Ending episode because I'm waiting on a friend to get through the rest of P4 so we can watch it together. :)

Wrong. Amazotron. The fact they carried over the actual anime cutscene from the game almost verbatim made me so, so, so happy. And the bonus boss fight was astoundingly good.

No it was short and rushed.

Nice touch that
The whole series was him remembering the whole thing and groundhog day'ing it
though.

Sophia

I like how they handled the bonus boss and the plot twist, but hate how they handled the final boss.

The Bonds of Everyone's Souls is awesome. <3

Quadratic

How do you get the nose doesnt always know?

I think I got it on one of my first 10 fusions. It is totally random and I have never gotten once since. My only advice would be save near the velvet room and do fusions until it happens then reload. I also got the hardcore Risette fan trophy on my first run. As long as you mix up your party and have all of your party get to low health/status effected it should pop near the end of the game.

Noi

You guuuuys I haven't seen that episode yet. :(

and lol Dantis

So he could complain about it. That's the only reason Dantis does anything. Read some of his posts.

You have a reputation!

TWILT

Banned
I like how they handled the bonus boss and the plot twist, but hate how they handled the final boss.

The Bonds of Everyone's Souls is awesome. <3

The Bonds of Everyone's Souls was my favorite part about the True Ending episode. Prolly my favorite song from the anime too.

Didn't like how they handled the final boss at all though. I know the anime was kinda rushed and all, but geez.

Sophia

You guuuuys I haven't seen that episode yet. :(

I tried not to spoil anything that wasn't already mentioned in the previews for it! >_>

The Bonds of Everyone's Souls was my favorite part about the True Ending episode. Prolly my favorite song from the anime too.

Didn't like how they handled the final boss at all though. I know the anime was kinda rushed and all, but geez.

Yeah, the final boss was awkward. It didn't have quite the drama as the game. Given it was a direct to DVD/Blu-Ray episode, I wish they would have spent the time to extend the episode a few minutes and do it properly with The Genesis.

Jintor

Well, he's really done it now. Enough sour grapes in that thread for a vineyard, haha.

:lol

I'm writing up something on the Wonderful 101 right now. Platinum gonna save the Wii U, believe! (But don't buy it until their games actually ship and are good, lol)

Sophia

Emperor cards are far too easily abusable in Kanji's dungeon. There's GOTTA be some drawback for earning five levels in shuffle time on one Persona.

Noi

Emperor cards are far too easily abusable in Kanji's dungeon. There's GOTTA be some drawback for earning five levels in shuffle time on one Persona.

nope.

On V. Hard, almost all of my persona's level ups come from fusion exp and emperor cards. I VERY rarely level up via battle experience. I even go for shuffle times during my Yukiko's Castle first floor SP restock sessions for the occasional free level.

I finished P4G on very easy. 52 hours 4 mins.

IWVKb.jpg

Duffyside

Banned
I found a key on the 7th floor of the
Bathhouse
which I think is used to open the locked door on the 3rd floor. Should I turn around and run all the way back down to open it, or just skip it and press forward? Or will it be the same locked door/treasure/whatever on my return visit, and just do it then?

Jintor

I don't have any complains about balance issues because I don't really play Persona for the gameplay

DIS AIN'T BAYONETTA HEE HO

Tamanon

Banned
As my first playthrough was just to get max stats for a New Game+/S. Link run....I ended up with a 19 hour run through the Accomplice ending. Lots of speeding through text I had read before.

Kazzy

Bathhouse
which I think is used to open the locked door on the 3rd floor. Should I turn around and run all the way back down to open it, or just skip it and press forward? Or will it be the same locked door/treasure/whatever on my return visit, and just do it then?

You'll need to use it eventually!

Late game spoiler:

I had completely forgotten how Adachi's dungeon worked by time I reached it, so unintuitive!

Trigger

Bathhouse

The key in that dungeon should unlock all the doors making backtracking far easier since you'll be able to access the rooms with stairs quicker. No need to go back till later.

CSX

Bathhouse

No. IIRC it just leads to a shortcut to the stairs for that particular floor. Useful when you want to go through and tackle the optional boss after you finish the dungeon first time through

CSX

Anyone know if Reaper can appear multiple times in one day?

The answer will determine whether or not I shall do a third playthrough

Noi

I don't have any complains about balance issues because I don't really play Persona for the gameplay

DIS AIN'T BAYONETTA HEE HO

My V Hard experience so far.

Castle - damn this is tough
Bathhouse - FUCK YOU TOUGH GUY
Striptease -

Void Quest - Oh hey this wasn't too bad

Secret Lab awaits.

At least until you hit the 'heal full' spells that don't need it

I can't even believe they put those spells in the game. So broken. Especially Salvation, which restores fully and removes status ailments.

Necrovex said:
What do I do with myself now? I completed Golden, and that's all I did for the past week. I feel a little empty now. Persona 4 Arena still costs too much money. These are some major first world problems. :-(

I'm in the same boat. I think I grew too attached to the game, because since getting to the end I've felt kind of down, like I'm permanently separated from the game and its characters, and will never see them again.

Top Bottom