• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Necrovex

What do I do with myself now? I completed Golden, and that's all I did for the past week. I feel a little empty now. Persona 4 Arena still costs too much money. These are some major first world problems. :-(

CSX

I can't even believe they put those spells in the game. So broken. Especially Salvation, which restores fully and removes status ailments.

Wasnt Salvation in other games as well?

I see it as a late game award of combining amrita and mediahran into only one slot.

Squire

Banned
So, I'm up to the beach trip again
and this time I told Kanji to let 'em dangle.
OMG @ the response you get. I LOL'd.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
AND IT REALLY BLOWS HE WON'T BE ON THE SECOND HALF OF THE ANIMATION DUB, DAMNIT

I've only seen this mentioned on some forum post about a podcast, but there's been no actual press release about it that I've found, so what gives? I thought that's why they hired the new VAs in the first place?

Jintor

Yeah... but a character is a character, ya know?

I got used to Nu Chie eventually, but she didn't switch over halfway through the game :/

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah... but a character is a character, ya know?

I got used to Nu Chie eventually, but she didn't switch over halfway through the game :/

Yeah, I don't know why they just couldn't wait for him to come back.

I remember back when Excel Saga came out, they had to change VA's half-way through production, but that was because the original voice of Excel damaged her vocal chords.

Off-topic, but The other day I learned that Pearce in Saint's Row is The Black Baron. Weeeird.

Laura Bailey does the voice of female 1 in SR3.

It was fun bashing people in the head with a dildo bat while hearing her normal voice. (Would have been funnier to hear Rise's lol)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Goddamnit so many Saturdays/Sundays interrupted by mandatory events. That old granny S. Link is so annoying to plan, gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ah well, now on to the 2nd playthrough. The S. Links not getting a full mark were Hanged Man (7), Death (5), and Jester/Hunger (9)

I was also very pissed that I missed Christmas event with Yukiko, though the Valentine's Day event made up for it. Who the hell thought that not informing the player that finishing the final dungeon beyond the 22nd wouldn't get you the Christmas event is a good idea? Bloody annoying POS, gah.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It was fun bashing people in the head with a dildo bat while hearing her normal voice. (Would have been funnier to hear Rise's lol)

She's also the voice of Chun-Li and is married to the voice of Guile. Canon.

Jintor

Lol. Next time I play VLR I'll be listening for Rise in Luna. Mind you, when I played Saint's Row I always went for the Latina voice, it's so fitting.

Noi

Sophia, even you passed me, I'm the slowest person ever :(

What's more surprising is that I caught up to you in half the total total playtime, way underleveled and not getting my copy until a whole month after launch. :V

That thread is amazing. It's like they're compiling a case.

Its like no one read the sticky up for everyone to see. If Dantis' opinion bothers them THAT much, stop posting and let the thread die.

What's more surprising is that I caught up to you in half the total total playtime, way underleveled and not getting my copy until a whole month after launch. :V

Tomorrow I'll post my updated Personas. aside from me doing other things than rush P4G, I also found that...I quite enjoy grinding and making the most optimal Personae I can...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Its like no one read the sticky up for everyone to see. If Dantis' opinion bothers them THAT much, stop posting and let the thread die.

It's because people don't even read the OP, all they see is "Disappointed in my purchase" and then fly off the handle.

He's in for a treat when he wakes up. :D

Jintor

I'm freaking level 61 in Mitsuo's dungeon. Lvl 87 Persona with Megadilon or whatever + Golden Hands + Enhanced XP = stupid amounts of levelling

Wasn't even hunting, just rushing through the dungeon to one-day it so I can get back to glorious SOCIAL LINKING

the money coming in doesn't hurt either

I'm freaking level 61 in Mitsuo's dungeon. Lvl 87 Persona with Megadilon or whatever + Golden Hands + Enhanced XP = stupid amounts of levelling

Wasn't even hunting, just rushing through the dungeon to one-day it so I can get back to glorious SOCIAL LINKING

the money coming in doesn't hurt either

I love how this series attracts so many different types of people. For me, the dungeon parts are more important than slinking, though they semi fixed up the slink system nicely for P4, they made the mistake of making character development semi regulated to slinks while they remain pretty static past their dungeon/shadow story wise.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I love how this series attracts so many different types of people. For me, the dungeon parts are more important than slinking, though they semi fixed up the slink system nicely for P4, they made the mistake of making character development semi regulated to slinks while they remain pretty static past their dungeon/shadow story wise.

Didn't IS kinda-sorta have a SL like feature, though not to the extent like 3/4 do, but rather when you talked to your teammates, said/did certain actions, later on in the game their persona would evolve.

Sophia

Didn't IS kinda-sorta have a SL like feature, though not to the extent like 3/4 do, but rather when you talked to your teammates, said/did certain actions, later on in the game their persona would evolve.

Both IS and EP have some proto-social link elements in them. There were some actions that affected the plot too.

On that note, I love the band scenes. The rate at which they learn is hilariously fast tho

Edit: OH MY GOD TEDDIE ROFL.

CROWD-SURFING BEEEAR! :D And not so crowd-surfing protagonists.... >.>;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Both IS and EP have some proto-social link elements in them. There were some actions that affected the plot too.

On that note, I love the band scenes. The rate at which they learn is hilariously fast tho

Edit: OH MY GOD TEDDIE ROFL.

CROWD-SURFING BEEEAR! :D And not so crowd-surfing protagonists.... >.>;

That was actually kinda funny.

Big ol' faceplant.

Noi

I just made 100k selling all my trade materials. Realized I wasn't really getting anything worthwhile out of Shiroku. Would have made a nice reserve for all the fusion I like to do.

..Then I spent it all at CrocoFur. That cheer squad set + swimsuits... orz.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Man, long-haired Chie is quite probably one of the hottest Persona females ever.

P4_chie_satonaka4.gif

Too bad.... Ain't gonna be a question who is going to be my pick for Christmas and Valentine if this design is the one used instead of what we have :p

Man, long-haired Chie is quite probably one of the hottest Persona females ever.

P4_chie_satonaka4.gif

Too bad.... Ain't gonna be a question who is going to be my pick for Christmas and Valentine if this design is the one used instead of what we have :p

Rumor has it that this Chie was going to be more like how Yukiko is now, buy not as strong willed, and Short Hair Yukiko was going to be a troublemaker and possibly a school gang leader. man initial P4 would have been interesting to see..What with the mostly older cast and the darker direction rumors.

Jintor

Epilogue Chie is best-looking Chie

There's a little sketch on the bottom right of Yukiko's page on the design works that just perfectly captures the two of them. It's great.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Rumor has it that this Chie was going to be more like how Yukiko is now, buy not as strong willed, and Short Hair Yukiko was going to be a troublemaker and possibly a school gang leader. man initial P4 would have been interesting to see..What with the mostly older cast and the darker direction rumors.

I can see it from the early designs.

Yukiko_Early_Concept02.jpg

Yukiko_Early_Concept.jpg

Although actually, we get to see that side of Yukiko's a lot in the version that we get anyways. Especially if the MC romances her, hahaha.

I can see it from the early designs.

Yukiko_Early_Concept02.jpg

Yukiko_Early_Concept.jpg

Although actually, we get to see that side of Yukiko's a lot in the version that we get anyways. Especially if the MC romances her, hahaha.

I love how almost all those Yukiko's look pretty damn intimidating then you see the funny sketch of final Yukiko and final Chie lookin all goofy and random

stktt

Banned
Really missing Golden's way of handling dying in a dungeon right about now. I cleared six floors of Tartarus in one night, only to have MC get hit by two critical attacks and die.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I really want to replay Persona 3 but sadly I don't own a PS2 anymore ;__;

I do have access to P3P but the lack of animated cutscene kind of a big deal-breaker for me personally... *sigh*

Damn you Yosuke, your stupid Junes job stealing all my social linking time

Glad I am not the only one saying "Oh goddamnit!" every time I see one of MC's friends saying "Let's get together after school."

Noi

I forget who mentioned people who you find in dungeons interacting diferently depending on your slink level, but god damn this game as a lot of text a lot of people will never see.

8356209961_cb812cd661_z.jpg

Teddie has selective memory
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)
(Line with Teddie going "..." that I forgot to screencap here)
(5)

Yosuke's complex
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4)

Top Bottom