• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Want.

tumblr_mdr8r3BDpZ1rvggi3o1_500.jpg

lel

Hahaha. I kinda get the feeling Marie's SL is going to be a little like Elizabeth's.

Is that real?

Because I don't know if that's amazing or awful.

Knowing Atlus USA, it probably is real.

qVjbu.jpg

well my newegg order finally went to packaging. Looks like I wont be getting it till Friday night. :( Newegg really need to do release day shipping.

Lockon

Just got confirmation email from Newegg! Currently packaging. Hopefully getting it tomorrow since I live in a state with a warehouse.

bigkrev

Is there -any- chance this goes up on PSN at midnight, like Call of Duty did last week?

Need to decided if it's even worth staying up

Roto13

I think I like that it references it, but I'm not sure I like the context. It's a very not-subtle way to go about it.

She asks what "steak" means, and if you're honest with her and don't mess with her (say it's short for "beefsteak") that is her follow-up.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there -any- chance this goes up on PSN at midnight, like Call of Duty did last week?

Need to decided if it's even worth staying up

Possible but probably unlikely. Sony banked on CoD being a "major"/system seller. This is too niche (even if it's a "popular" niche) title for them to do that, though it would be nice...

Package from Amazon has been shipped. Can't wait to play this game again. Went for Risette last time.....Marie or Yukiko this time around? Hmmm...

NichM

Banned
I think I like that it references it, but I'm not sure I like the context. It's a very not-subtle way to go about it.

It is shockingly close to the original Japanese. In that, Marie asks what "bifuteki" is, and you have the option of explaining that it's short for "biifusuteeki." She responds that that doesn't make sense because the "steak" part of it is obfuscated, and suggested it would be better to call it "fusuteki."

Dantis

It is shockingly close to the original Japanese. In that, Marie asks what "bifuteki" is, and you have the option of explaining that it's short for "biifusuteeki." She responds that that doesn't make sense because the "steak" part of it is obfuscated, and suggested it would be better to call it "fusuteki."

Oh wow, really? That's actually really interesting.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Which still doesn't work. I think "Ef Steak" would've worked better and been less awkward than "Fsteak."

Dantis

That was the whole point of what I was saying.

Hiimdaisy is a guy who did a web comic (A very good, very funny one, but don't read it if you haven't played because there are lots of big spoilers in there). In it, Chie says "FSteak" when she can't think of a word beginning with F.

My point is that I'm not sure how I feel about them referencing a web comic so bluntly, in such a 'proper' scene. It's a bit fourth wall-breaking.

Nah. Just the free skin.

Any idea how big the PSN version will be?

3.3gb, maybe a little bit less.

People may think you're referencing the Hiimdaisy comic or something - by the way Nich, how long did it take you to translate P4G? You were on this one right?

kiyomi

Not clicking this thread again until I'm deep into the game. Too many references I'm not getting and potential spoilers! See you in the TV..?

cj_iwakura

For IS or EP?

Because I'm talking about IS. EP's soundtrack sticks way too close to the original for me, and I find it really boring. Sad to say it's the only Persona soundtrack that I haven't bought.

Conversely, EP is the only Persona OST I bought.
(PS1 original)

cj_iwakura

No love for Shoji? The only track that I know was him on EP was Persona Rock, and it was turd.

Of course, but I own the DDS1&2 promo soundtracks that came with the games, same with Nocturne and P3/P4's.

And at the time, I LOVED P2. I bought it before Nocturne even came out here.

Personally I think EP is the best SMT OST ever, excluding maybe Nocturne's. Soul Hackers is top shelf too.

Eusis

Skin supposed to be packaged with the game? If so I may cancel Amazon quickly and get it tomorrow at Fry's. Unless Fry's won't have it on shelves tomorrow, then nevermind.

Skin supposed to be packaged with the game? If so I may cancel Amazon quickly and get it tomorrow at Fry's. Unless Fry's won't have it on shelves tomorrow, then nevermind.

It doesn't unless the retailer has extras from their shipment. From what I was told, the protection is separate from the standard box.

I now have Atlus cred, awwwww yeah.

Nice! I hope that dancing shows up in Persona 5. Maybe a dance club.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Off to pick up a copy from Gamestop. Hope I can get one without a preorder.

Pretty sure you'll be OK picking up a copy, it might be the last copy or two. Get there early before they open it for the case they'll stick on the shelf. :p

Top Bottom