• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Ken

Pretty sure you'll be OK picking up a copy, it might be the last copy or two. Get there early before they open it for the case they'll stick on the shelf. :p

Got my copy. No one was at Gamestop and the cashier thought there was a PS3 version. I was a little worried because I saw what I assumed to be their only stack of P4Gs which looked to only number about 20 or so.

-GJ-

Come on PA...

MjrhR.png

Btw, I love Persona 3 and 4, but in general I suck at JRPG's (I play Persona on the Normal difficulty and I have trouble with it sometimes). Will I like a game like Devil Survivor? I checked out a couple video's and it looks to me like kind of the same game, but mixed with Advance Wars/Fire Emblem strategy gameplay instead of traditional JRPG gameplay like the Persona series. We're getting Devil Survivor: Overclocked here next year (lol), and I'm checking if I need to save money for it.

Got my copy. No one was at Gamestop and the cashier thought there was a PS3 version. I was a little worried because I saw what I assumed to be their only stack of P4Gs which looked to only number about 20 or so.

Wait so if you get Battle Royale for PS3 you get the Vita version free?

Oh man i know what i'm doing next pay day

P90

Come on PA...

MjrhR.png

Btw, I love Persona 3 and 4, but in general I suck at JRPG's (I play Persona on the Normal difficulty and I have trouble with it sometimes). Will I like a game like Devil Survivor? I checked out a couple video's and it looks to me like kind of the same game, but mixed with Advance Wars/Fire Emblem strategy gameplay instead of traditional JRPG gameplay like the Persona series. We're getting Devil Survivor: Overclocked here next year (lol), and I'm checking if I need to save money for it.

Chances are you will like and do well with the Devil Survivor series. I much prefer Devil Survivor 2. The music in DS:Overclocked battle music is like stainless steel claws on a chalk board. I liked DS 2 story better. YMMV.

-GJ-

How much voice acting is in this relative to Persons 3? (Or in general, really.) How often is dialogue spoken?

Quite a lot of it is spoken (the majority is still just screentext though), but I heard Aram (Atlus' old PR guy) say in a video with IGN that Golden has 40% more spoken dialogue than the original P4 had.

Chances are you will like and do well with the Devil Survivor series. I much prefer Devil Survivor 2. The music in DS:Overclocked battle music is like stainless steel claws on a chalk board. I liked DS 2 story better. YMMV.

Thanks! I guess they'll release Overclocked before 2, so I guess I will have to wait it out then. Why, Ghostlight, why?

^ Grats you P4G owners!

Yeah DS2 was much better in my opinion - the game reps and shows love for my city, Nagoya. Also, DS2's music was done by Kenji Ito, one of the Seiken Densetsu composers, and it's great.

Roto13

So the included Vita version of Sony Smash Bros. is a download, right?

(Plot spoilers below.)
Shadow Teddie?

^ Grats are you P4G owners!

Yeah DS2 was much better in my opinion - the game reps and shows love for my city, Nagoya. Also, DS2's music was done by Kenji Ito, one of the Seiken Densetsu composers, and it's great.

Wat. DeSu1 was a cool new series that is a semi homage to Majin Tensei. DeSu2 the biggest letdown of megaten for me. It just felt soulless and copy pasted.

Wat. DeSu1 was a cool new series that is a semi homage to Majin Tensei. DeSu2 the biggest letdown of megaten for me. It just felt soulless and copy pasted.

Ah man that sucks for you. See, I didn't have any preconceptions going in. I never finished DS1 - they did copy a lot of assets in DS2. I wonder if SMTIV will copy a lot of assets.

I'm looking forward to seeing what people think of Chie's new voice after actually hearing it for a few hours.

I loved it in Catherine and P4A - but I don't watch anime or play many JRPGs so I don't have any sort of linguistic association to her voice from any other media.

Haha, CBS reviews P4G. It's concise, I can say that much!

CBS NEWS said:
Anyone looking for that must have game or system seller should consider Persona 4 Golden a serious contender.
© 2012 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I still like it, but man that first one was so interesting...

First was good, but hard as BALLS at certain points. 2 at least had the compendium (so did Overclocked). I remember putting the first one down because I nearly beat Belial but an enemy fully healed him. Nearly threw my DS across the room because of that. I went back about a year later and beat him on the first try. Funny how a rage quit sometimes works out for the better.

Weird review. I just don't like that guy's writing style, seems robotic.

If you have a Vita, then definitely.

Yes.

It looks like it probably won't make it here tomorrow. =(

Do you like the following:

• Turn based battles with elemental affinities and stat based progression
  • Going to high school in Japan
  • Dating girls
  • Eating steak
  • Summoning demons
  • Worshiping Satan
  • Killing things
  • Laughing at silly anime stuff
  • Melodramatic moments

OK then, I'll buy it.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Do you like the following:

• Turn based battles with elemental affinities and stat based progression
  • Going to high school in Japan
  • Dating girls
  • Eating steak
  • Summoning demons
  • Worshiping Satan
  • Killing things
  • Laughing at silly anime stuff
  • Melodramatic moments

I LIKE ALL OF THOSE THINGS!

fernoca

So the included Vita version of Sony Smash Bros. is a download, right?

Yep. Sly 4 will be the same way.
At the PS All Stars thread it was mentioned that is not a download; but when you insert the PS3 disc another bubble appears with "Disc Benefits" and there you install the Vita version.

Anyway, just noticed that Gamestop sent me a message telling me to pick this up in the morning, so..yay! will pick it up... on my way to work. :(

At the PS All Stars thread it was mentioned that is not a download; but when you insert the PS3 disc another bubble appears with "Disc Benefits" and there you install the Vita version.

Anyway, just noticed that Gamestop sent me a message telling me to pick this up in the morning, so..yay! will pick it up... on my way to work. :(

At least you can read the manual on your bathroom breaks!

If there 'is' a manual.

NichM

Banned
I went to college in Japan, it was fucking awesome. Dude, I hope the next Persona is in a university.

That's interesting to me! I asked our translator once why there weren't any Personas (or any other games) set in a Japanese college, and she said it's because nothing happens in college at all. But apparently your experience was different?

Top Bottom