• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

Yosuke + Yukiko at that S.link level have a good chat about friendships.

On a side note, their local beach totally fucking sucks. That sand looks super gritty. There's like half a boat lying there... bits of stick everywhere... christ.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Ah, so the festival after-visit is determined by who you compliment the day before. That makes sense.

Is it? I'm almost positive in my SL Max run I complimented Rise but Chie still asked. Though at that point I already made her my GF so that might cancel it out.

Jintor

Is it? I'm almost positive in my SL Max run I complimented Rise but Chie still asked. Though at that point I already made her my GF so that might cancel it out.

I had no girlfriends but Yukiko and Chie were on like 8 and 9 and Rise was on 3. But I complimented Rise and she called me the day after, so i assume if you don't have a GF flag it'll go for who you compliment. Or maybe Rise is just pushy.

I was just about to bring that one up, and it's great seeing them interact because they normally don't interact that much even though they consider each other good friends.

It pisses me off that all that great, great interaction is limited by a) randomly coming across them in a dungeon and b) cycling party members out of the party. Oh, and going into dungeons to find them. ARGH, TERRIBLE DESIGN DECISION. Needs more Xenoblade Chroncicles character interaction points.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I distinctly remember I praised Rise (just to get that extra S.Link points since Lovers ain't full yet, heh) but it's Yukiko who invited me first on the next day. Well, I am on a romantic relationship with her so I guess that's the real determinator?

Although on a test-run-quickly-reload try it did indeed Rise who invited me next after I declined Yukiko, huh.

Noi

This seems oddly relevant to the current pre-P4 Yukiko discussion. Yuki with a cheer outfit.

8357324682_06a8a62cf7_b.jpg

8356261779_2891b7dcc9_b.jpg

Jintor

It feels kind of dumb to say this after using it for 160 hours roughly in the last two months, but I don't really use the Vita...

I had no girlfriends but Yukiko and Chie were on like 8 and 9 and Rise was on 3. But I complimented Rise and she called me the day after, so i assume if you don't have a GF flag it'll go for who you compliment. Or maybe Rise is just pushy.

Noi: Yukiko has way more goofy and or passive aggressive moments in this game

It pisses me off that all that great, great interaction is limited by a) randomly coming across them in a dungeon and b) cycling party members out of the party. Oh, and going into dungeons to find them. ARGH, TERRIBLE DESIGN DECISION. Needs more Xenoblade Chroncicles character interaction points.

This was one of my major beefs with vanilla P4. As stupid as some of the new scenes are, some of them greatly add to the friend dynamic. Let's take for example, Kanji and Yosuke. Most people in the original already thought they were friends, but a sizable chink of people thought Yosuke had genuine dislike of Kanji. One of the dungeon slink things in the original had a depressed Kanji worrying about fitting in,
Etc. Yosuke responds to this, "Dont worry, we love you man!", only to seconds later say "...Not in that way though!" This small scene showed that Yosuke genuinely accepts Kanji and is his friend, but just because he accepts him doesn't mean he wont tease the shit out of him. Many, many players never saw that scene. the Motorcycle Plan scenes and the Beach scene add cases where they show the friendship of Kanji, Yu and Yosuke. I mean that scene where Yosuke shares his fear of the future fun times passing by too fast with Kanji and Yu was just so cool and added depth to the two characters in question. The whole end of Summer was really well done, going from a simple watermellon scene and the festival to a beach visit, the festival, fireworks, and finally watermelon. I think that evening scene with Dojima is new too, right?

CSX

It feels kind of dumb to say this after using it for 160 hours roughly in the last two months, but I don't really use the Vita...

I'm exactly like you. Had to google it myself once i started playing golden.

Oh man that yukiko pic just means i missed a lot of dialouge. Probably one comment from another party member per costume.

Teddie in swimming trunks +Rise was funny too

Jintor

Not only do party members make a comment on their own costume, but depending on who is in your party, other party members will interject as well.

There's a bit where Yosuke is jokingly imitating Teddie at the Fireworks festival, the voice acting is excellent. He really sounds like Teddie for half a line.

The fireworks vid is excellent. Well shot, good fadeout. The voices of friends instead of loud music. Not that the music is bad or anything, but still

Jintor

Hot damn

How do I stop the vita screen from auto-darkening after half a minute though?

Urgh why can't you dress rise up too, she pops in for her new social link abilities ;___;

Noi

I was going to make progress in Secret Lab, but now I'm going to sit here all night taking screen caps.

Hot damn

How do I stop the vita screen from auto-darkening after half a minute though?

Urgh why can't you dress rise up too, she pops in for her new social link abilities ;___;

Settings > Power save settings

And hell no, I'm broke enough as it is without buying Rise-exclusive outfits!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Really, Yukiko is without a doubt the strangest one out of the girls. She looked demure but in fact out of all the girls she's actually the most fiery (heh) one.

Rise is actually the opposite, looking all flirty/brave but prone to emotional breakdown otherwise. The same like Naoto.

Chie is... well... Chie... there's really no interesting quirks from her I guess.

Squire

Banned
Hmm. I did the festival this evening. I'm daring Yukiko and she called me to go again. I complimented Chie, though. Her reaction was cute :)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Some of those costumes are goddamn expensive, even more so than the price of the strongest buyable equipment from Deidara or the cost of summoning even the strongest Persona.

Say, I am on the beginning of the 2nd playthrough here... is the Ultimate Persona (you guys know what) still cannot be recorded at the Compendium just like the vanilla version...?

P4A isn't region locked on consoles right

Yeah they do. Region-locked I mean. On the PS3 anyways.

Noi

It's a good thing that Dantis is asleep so we can enjoy this conversation about Yukiko. :) I liked her in Vanilla well enough, liked her even more in P4A, (she was my main for a while!) and like her even more with P4G's new stuff.
ilu2 Dantis

Squire

Banned
Not quotes. Quirks.

She's pretty flat as far as character uniqueness goes, in my opinion.

Obsessed with meat, loves martial arts, easily emberrassed and hates to study? And more? Chie has a ton of quirks. She sticks out like a light.

It's a good thing that Dantis is asleep so we can enjoy this conversation about Yukiko. :) I liked her in Vanilla well enough, liked her even more in P4A, (she was my main for a while!) and like her even more with P4G's new stuff.
ilu2 Dantis

Right there with you! Love Yukiko :)

ilu2 Dantis

Yakeeku is cool, always liked her. I wonder if there is a single soul out there terrible enough to not like Kanji, the best persona 4 character obviously.

Sophia

Yep, what happened to the PAL version of P4A is a major fuck up of unprecidented proportions.

That's putting it lightly. Hopefully Altus (both US and Index in Japan) realize just how much leniency they threw away with their fans.

I assume it was collateral from Japan's reverse importing problem

They should have region locked it only for Japan then. Which they apparently can do on the PS3.

Fuck me. I finally got to my first "day off" and when I checked the "voice" function to see what most people did, most people spent the day with Marie. But I tried to do Marie's request, and I couldn't because I didn't have a spark with her. How the hell are people spending the day with Marie and yet I can't even talk to her? Not cool, man.

^Go in the velvet room twice if I recall

Jintor, while thing went down due to dual language text/audio, making all versions of the game the same, thus, reverse importing block.

That's putting it lightly. Hopefully Altus (both US and Index in Japan) realize just how much leniency they threw away with their fans.

They should have region locked it only for Japan then.

I doubt Atlus US had absolutely any say in this.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Obsessed with meat, loves martial arts, easily emberrassed and hates to study? And more? Chie has a ton of quirks. She sticks out like a light.

Right there with you! Love Yukiko :)

I guess... but I don't know, she's still pretty flat to me. A typical tomboy type I guess? While Yukiko, for example, at a glance seem like a Yamato Nadeshiko but she's actually in the inside I think is anything but, hahaha.

I really like Yukiko. Guess it's going to be hard for me to reject her on this 2nd playthrough since I want to try out romances with another girl (and no, I am not comfortable with dating multiple girls.)

Fuck me. I finally got to my first "day off" and when I checked the "voice" function to see what most people did, most people spent the day with Marie. But I tried to do Marie's request, and I couldn't because I didn't have a spark with her. How the hell are people spending the day with Marie and yet I can't even talk to her? Not cool, man.

All it requires is inviting her once from the Listen from the Dwellers menu thingie during a visit to the Velvet Room, IIRC. And...

Oh, I see. Too late now though. Oh well.

I wasn't aware there's a certain limit to initiating her S.Link.

Noi

Having dual audio AND text in P4A was kind of excessive. I'm sure we wouldnt have minded just dual audio on ours.

...Kanji's trunks have a skull in the back.

8357428822_ddff36af15_b.jpg

No obsession with skulls, suuuure.

Having dual audio AND text in P4A was kind of excessive. I'm sure we wouldnt have minded just dual audio on ours.

...Kanji's trunks have a skull in the back.

8357428822_ddff36af15_b.jpg

No obsession with skulls, suuuure.

That's more of Kanji's ass than I ever wanted to see

Top Bottom