• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Ponn

Banned
I went to college in Japan, it was fucking awesome. Dude, I hope the next Persona is in a university.

Miskatonic University? That could be awesome

And also

BqliR.jpg

I am ready for an all out attack!

That's interesting to me! I asked our translator once why there weren't any Personas (or any other games) set in a Japanese college, and she said it's because nothing happens in college at all. But apparently your experience was different?

Yes, we did nomihodai like every weekend and during the longer breaks just had crazy adventures climbing hills/mountains. I did a couple of homestays, met Japanese rednecks up in the northern country, helped do stupid events in matsuris, hooked up with girls I didn't even know, etc. Maybe being an exchange student changes the perspective or maybe your translator didn't hang out with the same crowd I was in.

Miskatonic University? That could be awesome

And also

BqliR.jpg

I am ready for an all out attack!

Fuck yeah man! I'll enjoy vicariously through you because that's a lot of calories right there.

Yes, we did nomihodai like every weekend and during the longer breaks just had crazy adventures climbing hills/mountains. I did a couple of homestays, met Japanese rednecks up in the northern country, helped do stupid events in matsuris, hooked up with girls I didn't even know, etc. Maybe being an exchange student changes the perspective or maybe your translator didn't hang out with the same crowd I was in.

Fuck yeah man! I'll enjoy vicariously through you because that's a lot of calories right there.

Please tell me more about Japanese Rednecks.

Please tell me more about Japanese Rednecks.

Ok, a lot of the ones I met up north eat hachinoko hachimitsu with the larva in it (google it, it's like bees with honey or some shit), have rice farms, wear overalls, and are very traditional and religious. I homestayed in this one place that was very inaka, like more than Inaba in P4 - they had one konbini (a Family Mart convenience store) and no department store. The daughter of the family I was with was teaching me about Shinto and how there's gods in grains of rice or something. It was cool.

Yuripaw

Banned
What do you think the chances are wal-mart will have this at midnight? lol tempted to go over there cuz I gotta wait for my orders from gamestop.com to arrive

I googled Hachimitsu and got Four Cheese Pizza drizzled with Honey.

I don't know if that's what it is, or not, but damnit if that doesn't sound delicious...

Yeah, I goofed, it's hachinoko I guess and it's alright. Kind of gross to think about eating the larvae. It was my Odd Morsel.

What do you think the chances are wal-mart will have this at midnight? lol tempted to go over there cuz I gotta wait for my orders from gamestop.com to arrive

I'm guessing that like other retailers, they had the games on a palette in the back room with a sign that says, "Stock on 11/20" or something. If you went in there right now and asked for it, they'd probably give it you unless it was a pain for them to locate. Or maybe they are shelving it right now.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yeah, I goofed, it's hachinoko I guess and it's alright. Kind of gross to think about eating the larvae. It was my Odd Morsel.

Oh gross, I'll stick to my American food thank you very much!

I don't know if they would even carry it, I've never seen them at retail chain stores.

Yuripaw

Banned
I don't know if they would even carry it, I've never seen them at retail chain stores.

Well I know they do carry Persona 4 Arena, and they do have most Vita games. I dunno, if I'm still up to it in 45 minutes when midnight hits, I might go look. If anything, I'm debating if I wanna get another Wii U pro controller, because Ninja Gaiden 3 was hard to get used to with the gamepad.

Well I know they do carry Persona 4 Arena, and they do have most Vita games. I dunno, if I'm still up to it in 45 minutes when midnight hits, I might go look. If anything, I'm debating if I wanna get another Wii U pro controller, because Ninja Gaiden 3 was hard to get used to with the gamepad.

You could call one of the zombies working the late shift and ask? =P

Nich, why am I imaging you in some kind of silo-esque facility and there is this HUGE RED BUTTON on a panel full of dials and meters and other buttons and it says, "PERSONA" on it. All you have to do is push that button and give the game you worked so hard on to the masses. For some reason, you are also Grace Chen but wearing a brown paper bag over your head with your GAF avatar picture on it :)

NichM

Banned
Nich, why am I imaging you in some kind of silo-esque facility and there is this HUGE RED BUTTON on a panel full of dials and meters and other buttons and it says, "PERSONA" on it. All you have to do is push that button and give the game you worked so hard on to the masses. For some reason, you are also Grace Chen but wearing a brown paper bag over your head with your GAF avatar picture on it :)

Because it's very late and you're very tired.

Nexas

Is there any particular reason why PS All-Stars would go up, but not P4G? Is Sony playing favorites with their 1st party titles, or are the people in charge of this simply incompetent?

AkuMifune

Banned
No, if not 1am then 2am. If not 2am then 3am. If not 3am then 4am. It's gotta be one of those times.
I like your style.

Good thing for me tomorrow is 'bring your vita to work' day. And if it gets released anytime before 6, the handicapped bathroom stall is all mine.

Noi

Yuck, the tracking number on my Solid Gold from GS isn't working on UPS. Guess I'll have to just check the post office for a couple of days in a row.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I have this problem.

I want to play P4G on my trip/plane rides to NYC/Sweden tomorrow.

Please go up on PSN at a reasonable time so I can download you.

Valient

I have this problem.

I want to play P4G on my trip/plane rides to NYC/Sweden tomorrow.

Please go up on PSN at a reasonable time so I can download you.

all stars battle royal in on the store if you search, hoping other games will come up soon as well.

Ugh... Still no charge on my CC from Amazon for my Solid Gold edition yet it says delivery estimate by 8pm tomorrow.

This is such a pain as we don't have a distro center here in CA (closest is Nevada) so they had better be overnighting my game if they want to make the 8pm cut off...

Shouta

That's interesting to me! I asked our translator once why there weren't any Personas (or any other games) set in a Japanese college, and she said it's because nothing happens in college at all. But apparently your experience was different?

It's mostly perspective. Most Japanese view high school as the prime of their life and all of the cool stuff that occurred happens in there. All the crazy stuff happens in college for most Americans or foreigners, which sort of explains the divide Some take the crazy fun approach in college but most of the Japanese people I know look more fondly on high school than college. It'd be a helluva sweet Persona game though, but I'm afraid the writers wouldn't know what to do!

My copy shipped from newegg today, 30 bucks for it was quite the deal. I don't know if I'll be getting to it right away though, ToX2 still and SRW 2nd OGs next week. So good.

Top Bottom