• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

You know guys, as an aside to that cell phone conversation in P5 you were having a few pages back...

It just occurred to me that none of the Investigation Team will ever be able to use a touch-screen phone again. Wouldn't their hand just go straight into it?

You just blew my mind.

It'll probably just make a 'boop' noise to illustrate that you're touch screening.

What if there's the one kid who's stuck with a flip phone? Like I could see Naoto still using a flip phone.

He was making a joke.

Uncle AJ

I AM NOT CONVINCED.

I remember her being really bad in Arena. It's been a good while though.

It's not dramatically different, but starting with Arena and then moving to Golden you can definitely tell there's a sense of "she's trying way too hard" in the early parts of Golden. But I'm up to dungeon 5 now and it seems like she's toned things down appropriately.

Haven't heard her in the anime dub yet.

Definitely not ashamed to have English voices on in Arena. I AM FAR BEYOND YOUR ABILITIES

Semi-related, but now I have a reason to buy a 3DS with SMT 4 and Pokemon.

But SMT 4 desperately needs a US announcement

My 3DS has been collecting dust ever since Star Fox 64 and that was over a year ago. It'll be nice to have a reason to pick it up again. Though I wasn't the biggest fan of Strange Journey or Devil Survivor - I'm hoping 4 is less like those games and more like Nocturne.

Sophia

My 3DS has been collecting dust, but only because I received a Vita for Christmas and that's taking up all my spare time. >_>;

Noi

It's been a while since I remembered what they all mean, what makes me a hanged man again?

"Portrayed as a man hanging up-side-down from one leg, with his other leg crosses it forming a '4'; the Hanged Man Arcana is associated with self-sacrifice for the sake of enlightenment, the bindings that makes one free, paradoxes and hanging between heaven and earth. Hanged Man characters may be self-sacrificial, but are more often notable for being caught between two different extremes or parties"

Dantis

"Portrayed as a man hanging up-side-down from one leg, with his other leg crosses it forming a '4'; the Hanged Man Arcana is associated with self-sacrifice for the sake of enlightenment, the bindings that makes one free, paradoxes and hanging between heaven and earth. Hanged Man characters may be self-sacrificial, but are more often notable for being caught between two different extremes or parties"

Hahaaaa, that works pretty well!

This is the card of vision quests but also, very simply, of those times when you put aside your prejudices and open yourself up to different ideas. Or just try something new and strange. Meaning that the Hanged Man could be as simple as going out with a type of person you never imagined dating, or trying some odd cuisine. It is a time when you change your perspective.

This works

I think Dantis is open to new experiences...how else would he have made those yep incredible Wii U topics? His blatant Sony agenda? I think not.

Soul Hackers has random battles. Funk dat.

Also the art style for 4 looks gorrrrgeous.

Then you would hate a majority of Megaten. Also the random encounters aren't that frequent and forgiving. Also, if you mean SMT4, I thought the art style was a step down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think Dantis is open to new experiences...how else would he have made those yep incredible Wii U topics? His blatant Sony agenda? I think not.

Then you would hate a majority of Megaten. Also the random encounters aren't that frequent and forgiving. Also, if you mean SMT4, I thought the art style was a step down.

I've played Megaten long before this. SMT was one of my first RPGs. Random encounters is still a step back.

I've played Megaten long before this. SMT was one of my first RPGs. Random encounters is still a step back.

True but that's not gonna stop me from playing a game the old guard considers one of the greatest in the series....If I can brave smt1/2's random encounters, I feel like I can brave any random encounters hah.

Miker

bcSmt.png

Am I missing any? :3

Alright, so Jello and I are cool, late twenties dudes that are the "senpai party members". Trigger and Sophia are 2nd year, high school protagonists. cj is Igor. Jintor is the main protag. So that leaves buddha to be the kohai - but like Kanji, not like Ken.

Haha, who wants to be Ken? :p

Just noticed this, id gladly be Kanji, but are you sayin I like dudes? Dantis can be Ken. Im 21 btw.

Necrovex

Whoops, my bad. When you said you finished school this year, I thought you meant high school.

It's an easy conclusion to reach. But man, If I was finishing high school, I would take so many Japanese classes and go abroad for a year. Oh well, gotta make JET love me and go in that style!

Kazzy

It's an easy conclusion to reach. But man, If I was finishing high school, I would take so many Japanese classes and go abroad for a year. Oh well, gotta make JET love me and go in that style!

Ah! So am I. Have you just applied for this year?

Top Bottom