• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I just maxed Chie's SL in january 'again'
and got her third form persona. Are all the unique characters power as ridiculous OP as this team-heat riser? It sounds pretty ridiculous, maybe there's a catch..

Jintor

I just maxed Chie's SL in january 'again'
and got her third form persona. Are all the unique characters power as ridiculous OP as this team-heat riser? It sounds pretty ridiculous, maybe there's a catch..

The catch is that the SP cost is NONSENSE for Chie who can't get invigorate and has shit SP to boot

Whee! Just arrived:

E2DD95D7-4572-471C-8C65-E9BC668311F0-1680-0000013B26C429D2_zpsa3bb5d3f.jpg

Binging on this over the weekend.

Jintor

Winter is so melancholy. It's fucking pitch-perfect in tone. God damn.

If you miss the True ending it totally fucks up the pacing though, lol

Squire

Banned
FAIL.

Apparently so. Really lame to be honest. Couldn't be helped though. He was on his honeymoon or something?

Yeah, they got Matthew Mercer to replace him, who should be fine. I can imagine him in the role. He's Leon Kennedy in the most recent Resident Evil games.

Dantis

That Famitsu tease has gotten me excited. I need to temper my expectations, but my mind is buzzing at the possibility of P5.

Jintor

That Famitsu tease has gotten me excited. I need to temper my expectations, but my mind is buzzing at the possibility of P5.

Lol

You know when I said live in hope? Temper it a little with reality. :D

/edit fuck now you've got me infected you bastard

Noi

I'm with Kagari in thinking it's probably TLG. P5 would still be nice though!

Then I can watch Dantis crumble when Labrys turns out to be the female lead.

Aiii

So not worth it
P5 is in development though by the Persona Team, Atlus is a big company, they have several projects going on at the same time. After all, they're also doing the new SMT main series game.

Dantis

I'm with Kagari in thinking it's probably TLG. P5 would still be nice though!

Then I can watch Dantis crumble when Labrys turns out to be the female lead.

Pfft!

Didn't Atlus say recently that one of their big focuses was that DeSu 2 thing? No P5 yet I bet.

PFFFFFFT!

Prediction time!: Game is set in 2015. Artistically, a combination of Persona 3 and 4, with a modern city environment but bright colours. Music is heavily electronic. Phones play a large role in something. Cameos from Aigis, Yosuke and Labrys. Yumi Kawamura and Lotus Juice returning as vocalists.

Pfft!

PFFFFFFT!

Prediction time!: Game is set in 2015. Artistically, a combination of Persona 3 and 4, with a modern city environment but bright colours. Music is heavily electronic. Phones play a large role in something. Cameos from Aigis, Yosuke and Labrys. Yumi Kawamura and Lotus Juice returning as vocalists.

Where is Philemon, Nanjo, Eriko and Mitsuru

Aiii

So not worth it
Come to think of it, they started with Persona 5 midway 2011 after Catherine. So development-wise they should be able to complete the game in a year tops.

Aiii

So not worth it
It'll be out within a calendar year of announcement. Atlus isn't Square.

Yeah, I know, what I meant to say was that I expect them to complete the game no later than early 2014, so an announcement probably won't be too far off, even if this wasn't it.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I know, what I meant to say was that I expect them to complete the game no later than early 2014, so an announcement probably won't be too far off, even if this wasn't it.

Yep! If this doesn't pan out, I'll just keep looking forward to March.

Jintor

I wonder if we'll see announcements at TGS anymore. I think Persona has 'made it' in the West, though - is it Atlus's biggest franchise now?

Necrovex

Persona 5 should side with Persona 3 and
kill off several party members.

Come to think of it, they started with Persona 5 midway 2011 after Catherine. So development-wise they should be able to complete the game in a year tops.

I want to believe the pre-development was finished for P5, and the Persona team actually started on the development for P5.

Sophia

I really think Philemon will return. If they bring back any P1 or 2 characters, it'll be Maya. Guaranteed.

Mitsuru could go either way.

I don't think we'll see any of the core playable P2 cast ever again. There's just too much at stake to reintroduce them to the plot.

If I want to see the
Accomplice
ending, do I have to choose to
not tell my friends about Adachi when outside the Chinese diner
?

Also, if I do decide to go for this ending, how long does it take to play out? Since I'll be reloading to get the best ending, I'm wondering if I'm better off not bothering, and watching it online at a later date.

Salaadin

Overall, how is the anime dub? As good as the game?
I really want the Blu Rays but they only have English language. If the dub sucks, Id want to switch to JP language with English subs but thats only available on the DVDs....

Kazzy

Overall, how is the anime dub? As good as the game?
I really want the Blu Rays but they only have English language. If the dub sucks, Id want to switch to JP language with English subs but thats only available on the DVDs....

It's good and the only real way I will watch the entire series. I watched most of it as it aired, but there eventually came a time when I realized I would much rather watch it with my cast.

The English release has both audio tracks.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I don't think we'll see any of the core playable P2 cast ever again. There's just too much at stake to reintroduce them to the plot.

Yeah, agreed. There might be a reference here and there. But to make P5 the continuation of something, might not be the best idea.

I still think sometime there will be a P4-2 down the line.

Tamanon

Banned
If I want to see the
Accomplice
ending, do I have to choose to
not tell my friends about Adachi when outside the Chinese diner
?

Also, if I do decide to go for this ending, how long does it take to play out? Since I'll be reloading to get the best ending, I'm wondering if I'm better off not bothering, and watching it online at a later date.

Correct, that's what you have to do. And it's not too long actually.

Dantis

I agree. I don't think the Persona team has much interest in incorporating those characters anyway. I feel like they work best with their own stuff.

^Personagaf I love y'all but I hate your p1/2 exclusionist ways damn it

Dantis I don't consider you the authority on what the Persona team wants, they are cool with P4A for example.

I literally think there cannot be the Crawling Chaos without at least Philemon and Maya

Sophia

I literally think there cannot be the Crawling Chaos without at least Philemon and Maya

I did say "Core playable cast" after all. Philemon is a good bet with the passing of Igor's actor, as is the Crawling Chaos. But I'm pretty sure Maya's out.

I could however see many of the guests characters and supporting cast (mainly, Kei Nanjo) show up.

Top Bottom