• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

The
Shadow Minato
and
SEES
boss fights is what made the answer worth playing for me.

I even made saves before each one,just so i could replay them once in a while.

I hated the
SEES fights
. So fucking dumb.

The Answer as a whole actually didn't bother me. I don't remember much about it, but I blasted through it, so I must have had some degree of fun.

The story was really negligible though.

I hated the
SEES fights
. So fucking dumb.

The Answer as a whole actually didn't bother me. I don't remember much about it, but I blasted through it, so I must have had some degree of fun.

The story was really negligible though.

You hate the thing that most people love about it...is that typical? lol

Dantis

Cool idea, piss-poor execution.

Shame, because generally those kind of things are my favourite parts of the game. It's the highlight of the Legacy of Kain series for me, loved it in Yakuza, BoF 4 did an amazing twist on it.

Answer's execution was just awful though.

Cool idea, piss-poor execution.

Shame, because generally those kind of things are my favourite parts of the game. It's the highlight of the Legacy of Kain series for me, loved it in Yakuza, BoF 4 did an amazing twist on it.

Answer's execution was just awful though.

Can you explain? Im just curious.

So, today I was greeted to a Vita and P4G off my boyfriend. Although I have played Persona 4 before, I am really excited to play this. Time to sink another 80+ hours into this.

I'm slowly adapting to Chie's voice. It was really jarring when I first head it.

Dantis

Two reasons: Like Arena, the justification is WEAK. It's not as bad as Arena because they have some degree of reason to fight, but it's still really fucking stupid. Comes out of nowhere too, not to mention everyone acting like the protagonist was their super best friend for everest.

Second reason is mechanical: You're forced to use Metis. I hadn't used Metis at all so I had to solo all the bastarding fights. It was difficult.

As an aside, the pairs made no sense. Mitsuru fighting Akihiko? Junpei fighting Yukari? Pfft.

Also, I'm sure I've heard a lot of people on here complain about it. :/

Jintor

Time to go Reaper hunting! What's the recommended party setup? Last time I ran into him, the motherfucker spammed Megidola like a bitch until I vanish ball'd the fuck outta there

TWILT

Banned
Heartful Cry and Darkness are the only good things about the Answer. Otherwise, I'd like to pretend it doesn't exist.

Dantis

Time to go Reaper hunting! What's the recommended party setup? Last time I ran into him, the motherfucker spammed Megidola like a bitch until I vanish ball'd the fuck outta there

Hahaaaaa, I figured that because I was on very easy I'd whomp him once I hit 70.

NOPE.

I tried to fight him again once I hit the last dungeon, but it's such a bitch to actually find him.

Heartful Cry and Darkness are the only good things about the Answer. Otherwise, I'd like to pretend it doesn't exist.

*high five*

Brand New Days and Mass Destruction FES are also excellent.

CSX

you were unlucky. I fought the Reaper once and he spent 5 turns doing elemental breaks on everyone. By the time he stopped, he was almost dead :p

Sophia

The
Shadow Minato
and
SEES
boss fights is what made the answer worth playing for me.

I even made saves before each one,just so i could replay them once in a while.

Yup. Bestest parts. I only wish I had made emulator saves for those parts like you did. The former is practically a nod to Persona 2 as well.

Second reason is mechanical: You're forced to use Metis. I hadn't used Metis at all so I had to solo all the bastarding fights. It was difficult.

THIS IS YOUR OWN FAULT. She even has no weaknesses just so you'd use her. :|

So fine, I really did enjoy the answer quite a bit over the journey because it was more like classic megaten/persona. P4 is the journey done right, with much better pacing, an actual story for half the game, while having clear deadlines they werent oh nothing will happen at all until a full moon, there was much more to do, etc.

Sophia

Mmm not really. There was no indication whatsoever that this fight was going to happen. It was really bad design.

You mean the 20 hour expansion that gave you a character with no weaknesses and a fairly good ability set wasn't enough of an indication that you should use her? :p

It's like Shinjiro in the main game. It just screams "USE ME!!!!!!!!" >.>

Dantis

You mean the 20 hour expansion that gave you a character with no weaknesses and a fairly good ability set wasn't enough of an indication that you should use her? :p

No. :p

And I didn't know her moveset (Still don't!). Is it that crazy that I'd choose these characters who I'd played through the game twice with over some new lame robot with a terrible personality and a neat design?

Sophia

And I didn't know her moveset (Still don't!). Is it that crazy that I'd choose these characters who I'd played through the game twice with over some new lame robot with a terrible personality and a neat design?

Lemme think about that.... yes? >_>

How do you feel about people who wanted to stick with a single 3 team group in DDS1/2, you want to talk about no indication whatsoever, oh boy

Dantis

How do you feel about people who wanted to stick with a single 3 team group in DDS1/2, you want to talk about no indication whatsoever, oh boy

Hahaaa, that's true.

It never dropped a character and then threw you into a boss fight though, there was always a dungeon beforehand.

Noi

I'm with Dantis on this one. (No way!). I started my The Answer run using only the characters I already cared for cause, as I've said, I play favorites even if it kills me. I only suddenly swapped to Metis mid-Answer because someone tipped me off that I should do so. Would have been screwed otherwise.

Dantis

I'm with Dantis on this one. (No way!). I started my The Answer run using only the characters I already cared for cause, as I've said, I play favorites even if it kills me. I only suddenly swapped to Metis mid-Answer because someone tipped me off that I should do so. Would have been screwed otherwise.

I knew we were friends really.

Only happens once in P3, happens all the time in DDS1/2

In DDS1? I don't really remember it happening at all.

Also, by happening so often, you should be prepared for it. If it happens a few times near the beginning, it's giving you a hint of things to come.

In FES it throws you under a bus and expects you to stop the bus. Without using your arms.

Shinypogs

:( I was all excited to get Naoto in my party but god damn their sp usage is ridiculous. Still, I intend to swap between Naoto and Kanjii regularly so I have some party variety.

Marche90

Funny: I never really loved Metis (it was an okay character), but still, I kept her in my main party. That really paid off. Maybe it was because she had no weaknesses and Orgia Mode...? That saved my ass a few times, tbh, and Metis' was really good, not using HP/SP for spells.

Sophia

Woot, classic original P4 party setup! Yosuke is still dying in two hits tho.

Funny: I never really loved Metis (it was an okay character), but still, I kept her in my main party. That really paid off. Maybe it was because she had no weaknesses and Orgia Mode...? That saved my ass a few times, tbh, and Metis' was really good, not using HP/SP for spells.

EXACTLY. It's like RPG 101 to use a character who's so overpowered, even if you don't like them! :|

Dantis

EXACTLY. It's like RPG 101 to use a character who's so overpowered, even if you don't like them! :|

In my defense, I don't really play JRPGs. And when I do, I just use who I want.

In DDS, I used
Sera and Serph
at the same time. Because why the heck not?

Kazzy

Is it just me or has SOS gotten worse? Now it's not even triggering half the time...

People are just lazy. I got plenty, but I still got the impression that for every one I responded to, I had to wait a couple of battles before the favour was returned.

Noi

Wroooooooong. (Fire Emblem would like a word with you!) If no weakness was such an immediate advantage, I'd have used Shinji even once in all my P3 runs. Never have! Never used Orgia mode with her or Aigis either cause it almost always backfired on me.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Is it just me or has SOS gotten worse? Now it's not even triggering half the time...

I barely got any hits when I did it in the first place.

Also, since I am home, arts!

9j4Lu.jpg

Sophia

Wroooooooong. (Fire Emblem would like a word with you!) If no weakness was such an immediate advantage, I'd have used Shinji even once in all my P3 runs. Never have! Never used Orgia mode with her or Aigis either cause it almost always backfired on me.

Fire Emblem's mechanics encourage that tho. Stupid weird Fire Emblem. :(

I barely got any hits when I did it in the first place.

Also, since I am home, arts!

I was getting a few hits every battle, but now it seems like I'm lucky to get one.

Also yay arts!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Oh man, if you visit each dungeon on the final day everyone has unique dialogue looking back on them...

I think if you visit
Yukiko's Dungeon while trying to rescue Nanako
Youske says
Our Princess is in another castle, dude

Ohhh I did it again. Whoops.

Sophia

I think if you visit
Youske says

It's Void Quest actually, and yeah he says that if you tried to add/remove him from the party.

TWILT

Banned
Think I'm around Yukiko's height or something.

EDIT: Er wait, think I'm more around Yu's height. Need to check my height again.
I don't really have a lot of Persona art on my comp.should work on that
I do have this sweet background image.

also i didn't realize Eikichi was so tall.

Hope you don't mind if I steal that~

I think if you visit
Youske says

The Void Quest (Mitsuo) dungeon actually. Also got an image of it!

Top Bottom