• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
5 ft 8 inches

remember the number 2.54 :p

5 feet 7 inches. Slightly below average height for a male, but pretty tall for Indonesia.

Will I be too short too in the Persona universe?

You foreigners are just too tall sometimes. I remembered I once had a German friend that I need to literally look up if I want to see his face, damn, hahaha.

Oh, and Yukiko is the best girl--no contest. It will be hard to reject her on this 2nd playthrough just for the sake of variety... *sigh* I also *feel* like the game pushed her more than any other candidate to be paired on with Yu, but maybe that's just my Yukiko bias speaking.

Jintor

It's your Yukiko bias, but second to Rise her S.link has the most 'SHE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU DUDE' moments and hers are... well... less part of a naturally gregarious personality so they stand out more

Necrovex

Ya'll should realgaf for Jan

Everyone should reveal their face on Gaf!

Will I be too short too in the Persona universe?

You foreigners are just too tall sometimes. I remembered I once had a German friend that I need to literally look up if I want to see his face, damn, hahaha.

My father is around 5'7, and I always make fun of him for being short. Now, you're telling me that's 'tall?' Fuck, I'm simply a giant. 6'1 here.

Also, Team Rise all the way!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's your Yukiko bias, but second to Rise her S.link has the most 'SHE'S IN LOVE WITH YOU DUDE' moments and hers are... well... less part of a naturally gregarious personality so they stand out more

Hmm.

Probably.

I don't know though, I just can't shake this feeling that even the game itself seem to want Yukiko to be paired up with Yu with various scenes, positionings, and stuff.

Anyways, it doesn't really matter. I am now on the 2nd playthrough right now trying to get a perfect all S.Link without a guide. I am aiming for Rise just for the sake of variety.

If I fail to get a perfect all S.Link in this playthrough then for the next playthrough I am going to use a guide and aim for Yukiko again, hahaha.

Jintor

Jintor, it's 3 in the afternoon, what are you doing?

I'm farming Yukiko's dungeon for red treasure chests

Why are you doing this?

Because I've lost control of my life

Necrovex

Jintor, it's 3 in the afternoon, what are you doing?

I'm farming Yukiko's dungeon for red treasure chests

Why are you doing this?

Because I've lost control of my life

My parents didn't realized I was home for a day because I was playing Persona 4 Golden, locked away in my room, with some mighty awesome earbuds on. I couldn't hear anything, and I chose not to leave my room except for bathroom breaks. My mother apparently knocked on my door, but she heard no responses from me, thus assuming I was out.

Jintor

Honestly, I hate this bullshit in games, but that probably comes out at least partially from disliking typical JRPG battle systems. But slogging through dungeons farming anything is not my idea of a good time

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Persona 4 Golden is the sole reason why the last few days--and weeks--starting from before Christmas when I first got it while I am always kind of sleepy on the day due to lack on sleep every night.

Got to work from 8 A.M. and got home at around 6 P.M. and from that it's Persona time... always telling myself to stop at midnight (remember that you have to work tomorrow!) but there's always that one more level to get a skill in persona.... one more S.Link.... one more.... one more floor to explore in dungeons... one more.... one more.... one more.... Holy shit it's 2.30 A.M. in the morning!

Repeat and repeat and repeat....

I know it's not a behavior a responsible adult should have but I just can't help it damn it!

I also didn't touch any of my other consoles and handhelds due to this. It'll be a very, very sad day indeed by the time I feel, "Okay, it's enough, time to move on" towards P4G.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Do you people we will get another Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games from ATLUS for Vita or is this it and never again anymore?

It'll be sad if Vita doesn't get any more games like this...

Alright, time to iron man mode this game. I'm thinking Very Hard, Chie and MC only, no online, no optional S. Links except Chie.

this sure is an interesting OT

Yeah, I think so too. PersonaGAF is the best GAF. That said, we should meet up at EVO this year to support the P4A guys and also all out attack Wicked Spoon or Carnevino. I'd be down to hang out with you all.

Jintor

If there's one thing I learned from the Persona 4 G OT over the past few hours it's that we probably can't afford to fly to EVO

CSX

Do you people we will get another Persona/Shin Megami Tensei games from ATLUS for Vita or is this it and never again anymore?

It'll be sad if Vita doesn't get any more games like this...

It depends on how well the vita is doing in japan. If it's good enough for Atlus JP to do their port jobs then Atlus USA will follow with the localization accouncement :)

It depends on how well the vita is doing in japan. If it's good enough for Atlus JP to do their port jobs then Atlus USA will follow with the localization accouncement :)

Sadly, isn't the vita doing horribly in japan, with no silver lining whatsoever? At least P4G did decently there, but might not justify more efforts from Atlus.

I must admit, I am not a big fan of my 3ds. I wouldn't mind persona on ps3/4, xbox, wii u, does not really matter. But I'd much rather have the next portable entry on the vita, just for the resolution (ios would be fine too, though I doubt it'd find a market there). even at lower resolution, the portraits really look stunning on vita.

Jintor

>fight for 20 minutes getting Margaret down to 50% health
>SUMMONS LUCIFER. MASSIVE ALMIGHTY DAMAGE oh it all missed sweet
>heals self back to full health

MXWw1.jpg

(not really)

Also because she now uses 2 turns p/turn, dehabilitate lasts half as long

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I mean, by the time P4G was released in Japan things didn't look hot for Vita too but hopefully the very positive reception for this game during its release would prod ATLUS to create another one.

Seriously though, it'll be a big damn shame if this is really the last great RPG we have for Vita.

Jintor

True. Once she power charged the entire team at exactly the right moment and I ate nearly a third of Marge's health instantly.

Squire

Banned
Alright, time to iron man mode this game. I'm thinking Very Hard, Chie and MC only, no online, no optional S. Links except Chie.

Yeah, I think so too. PersonaGAF is the best GAF. That said, we should meet up at EVO this year to support the P4A guys and also all out attack Wicked Spoon or Carnevino. I'd be down to hang out with you all.

I can't go to EVO, but if I could, I'd totally kick it with you, Armada.

CSX

I'll go to EVO once I got the money
and old enough to drink and gamble

I mean, by the time P4G was released in Japan things didn't look hot for Vita too but hopefully the very positive reception for this game during its release would prod ATLUS to create another one.

Seriously though, it'll be a big damn shame if this is really the last great RPG we have for Vita.

Well Golden single handledly pushed Vita from miserable sales to decent sales the month it was released in Japan. Sony should be begging to them to do more port jobs :p

Jintor

oh lol

I was in vegas on assignment at the beginning of last year three months before I turned 21

I'd been getting wasted in Australia for 3 years at that point :|

TWILT

Banned
I'd definitely go if I had the money and time lol. Would be pretty cool to meet all of you.

I'll even go easy on you guys in P4A. ;)

Young Magus

While this would be a good idea, I don't have the time nor money. With school and plains to study abroad and whatnot.

2nd run done!!!

Got my compendium done and just need the rise fan, 100 skill cards,
visit nanako in the hospital and fuse Izanagi no Okami...

Any tips for the first 2??

While this would be a good idea, I don't have the time nor money. With school and plains to study abroad and whatnot.

Definitely a good idea - you going to Japan right?

2nd run done!!!

Got my compendium done and just need the rise fan, 100 skill cards,
visit nanako in the hospital and fuse Izanagi no Okami...

Any tips for the first 2??

Rise Fan is a pain if you are over leveled since you'll be scanning enemies - you'll also have to swap party members in/out and get status ailments, knockdowns, double/triple/quad kills, near deaths and deaths for everybody. The skill cards are easy - there are about 10-20 skill cards you can get in shuffle from each dungeon IIRC.

Young Magus

Nice! Although I went to university and ended up living there for about 3 years total, I don't have much advice other than:

1. be mindful of your tolerances and ethnocentrism to maximize your fun
  2. drink Lifeguard every chance you get because it's fucking radical

Thanks for the advice, I think I'm good (or at least getting there) with #1 and I'll keep #2 in in mind

Top Bottom