• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
To those of you who are in Japan or will go to Japan for a long time, can you stand here at this line please...

Thank you...

....Now I want to punch each and every one of you silly.

Goddamn I am so Jelly. Going to Japan is one of the most desirable dreams in my life ever. Too bad it's just too goddamn expensive ;________;

You lucky bastards, all of you.

Tiu Neo

I would love to go to Japan myself, but honestly I'd love to go to any country and get away from where I currently live.

...me too. Lived for a few months on a first world country, got spoiled :(

Dunno about Japan, though. It's expensive, and my Japanese knowledge is pratically null. Would be happier going to the United States or Europe, even if there's no Persona concerts and less merchandise ;_;

Dantis

I've never even left England, haha.

I'd rather go to Americaland than Japan, but if Persona 2014 happens, I'm going to see if I can find a way to go.

Necrovex

To those of you who are in Japan or will go to Japan for a long time, can you stand here at this line please...

Thank you...

Goddamn I am so Jelly. Going to Japan is one of the most desirable dreams in my life ever. Too bad it's just too goddamn expensive ;________;

This is why I have never gone to Japan. Money has always been a major issue, and there was a time when I could have gotten a plane ticket for only $500, then the tsumani happened. :-(

I'm hoping to achieve my dream of living in Japan this year though!

...me too. Lived for a few months on a first world country, got spoiled :(

Dunno about Japan, though. It's expensive, and my Japanese knowledge is pratically null. Would be happier going to the United States or Europe, even if there's no Persona concerts and less merchandise ;_;

I've never even left England, haha.

I'd rather go to Americaland than Japan, but if Persona 2014 happens, I'm going to see if I can find a way to go.

Both of you should go to South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.
*snirk*

Jintor

Rewatching the Animation.

While a lot of the still frames look fucking terrible, there's a surprising amount of decent animation work and little sight gags that work really well. At one point they're discussing finding info on one of the victims and there's a surprisingly funny little joke with Teddie attempting to eat their food

Seriously though, I hope P5 gets a fucking amazing studio to handle their anime scenes because even in Golden they looked kind of meh.

Dantis

Rewatching the Animation.

While a lot of the still frames look fucking terrible, there's a surprising amount of decent animation work and little sight gags that work really well. At one point they're discussing finding info on one of the victims and there's a surprisingly funny little joke with Teddie attempting to eat their food

Seriously though, I hope P5 gets a fucking amazing studio to handle their anime scenes because even in Golden they looked kind of meh.

Golden was the P4 studio again I think.

I'd like them to get Studio 4C like they did for Catherine. They looked excellent.

This is why I have never gone to Japan. Money has always been a major issue, and there was a time when I could have gotten a plane ticket for only $500, then the tsumani happened. :-(

I'm hoping to achieve my dream of living in Japan this year though!

Both of you should go to South Carolina, Alabama, Florida, and Georgia.
*snirk*

I live in florida

Sophia

Heaven
completed at about 60 hours playtime. Three more dungeons left.

God that was a lot easier with Persona with reflect.

Ehhh I don't really care about fighting games.

But hey, you're always welcome out east.

With the growth of events and EVO, I think that we might see an EVO East Coast in 2014. We can hang out then for sure :)

Thank you...

I think that education and life experiences yield great gains as they mature with you, so any chance that you get to pursue the endeavor you should go for it. A low interest loan could be seen as an investment for your future, so that's always something to consider.

I forgot how Rise at the King's Game slips completely into her Lil Deville voice. Also sucks that I lost my furthest save, but starting over at Port Island isnt TOO bad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Thank you...

You can get by just speaking English, but it's pretty miserable. You feel like a huge jackass.

Marche90

Its cool where I live. Miss California tho

Damn it Sophia, I haven't played since like 3 days ago. Im too slow ill be the last one here to finish lol

Bah, you won't be the last.

It will be me, considering I sitll haven't bought my Vita or the game, for that matter. Thank goodness I don't really care about being spoiled. Also, I need to get working in getting one ASAP

This is getting so incredibly difficult. What should I forget?

19DD4467-A7C0-4298-8DCD-48B1CE6F265C-1167-0000013BCAABD4DA.jpg

Jintor

The max s-link evade skill is baller though because it frees up the accessory slot for more useful stuff.

Like +10 strength to Chie!

Especially given evolved personas don't lose their weaknesses anymore. Dodging four of margaret's attacks in a row is worth a pretty penny.

Frankly I drop Dia and its skillset as soon as able, if you have a dedicated healer they're always going to be using media/salvation anyway. Give Yukiko a half-sp-usage ring and go to town erryday.

It is interesting to see how people build their guys based on playstyle now. There are so many extra skills, peoples end game stuff could look completely different now.

Lombax

Banned
Question about unlocking the
Marukyu Striptease
Anyone have the steps needed to unlock this area? Will the
chubby student
only show up after a story point is reached?
At the moment I am at the point where
I have saved Kanji, and also taken out the officer boss in the same dunegon

Ponn

Banned
Rushing my 3rd playthrough hard, almost at Oct. I think I almost have all the books for the book trophy so I can get my plat trophy finally.

Holy shit though, I almost got screwed out of that damn July book again if I didn't have a reasonable previous save file. The requirements for that particular book is just fucking stupid ridiculous. I first thought it was just having Strength SL at 4 or less, but no 2nd playthrough taught me you had to have Sun SL at like 2 or not even going. My advice, don't bother with Sun SL till you have all the books, best be safe.

So on 3rd playthrough I had Strength at level 4, no Sun SL and I still didn't get the book. Got the call, went to event, no book. WTHWTFBEANSALAD@$SHIB!! Well it turns out during conversation during that event you have to specifically answer you hate math. Hopefully my pain getting this book and this trophy will help some poor P4G players not go through this hell or pain. I honestly have no freaking clue how someone could just stumble upon that book through normal gameplay with all those ridiculous requirements. If you did go buy a lotto ticket like right now.

edit: the book by the way is
Polyland
for those checking their lists.

Rushing my 3rd playthrough hard, almost at Oct. I think I almost have all the books for the book trophy so I can get my plat trophy finally.

Holy shit though, I almost got screwed out of that damn July book again if I didn't have a reasonable previous save file. The requirements for that particular book is just fucking stupid ridiculous. I first thought it was just having Strength SL at 4 or less, but no 2nd playthrough taught me you had to have Sun SL at like 2 or not even going. My advice, don't bother with Sun SL till you have all the books, best be safe.

So on 3rd playthrough I had Strength at level 4, no Sun SL and I still didn't get the book. Got the call, went to event, no book. WTHWTFBEANSALAD@$SHIB!! Well it turns out during conversation during that event you have to specifically answer you hate math. Hopefully my pain getting this book and this trophy will help some poor P4G players not go through this hell or pain. I honestly have no freaking clue how someone could just stumble upon that book through normal gameplay with all those ridiculous requirements. If you did go buy a lotto ticket like right now.

Polyland

That shitty trophy gives Risette a run for her money.
I had to reload an entire month for Polyland I think :/

Sophia

Question about unlocking the
Marukyu Striptease
Anyone have the steps needed to unlock this area? Will the
chubby student
only show up after a story point is reached?
At the moment I am at the point where
I have saved Kanji, and also taken out the officer boss in the same dunegon

On June 24th: Talk to the Chubby Student/Risette fan on the second floor of the practice building. Then talk to Rise' grandmother. Then talk to the Kind Man in the Floodplain.

On June 25th: Come back to the floodplain and talk to the Photographer, select the first option both times. Should give you access then.

The Chubby Student/Risette Fan is only present on Monday/Wednesday/Friday. The Photographer is there on Tuesdays/Thursdays/Saturdays. The dates I listed are the earliest dates possible.

Polyland

Useful knowledge. I plan to start my second playthrough sometime soon and would like to try and platinum P4G during that run.

Ponn

Banned
That shitty trophy gives Risette a run for her money.
I had to reload an entire month for Polyland I think :/

Seriously, that Risette fan trophy popped no problem for me 1st playthrough last dungeon. This has been a freaking nightmare for me.

At least I got to tell Kanji to be a man and just let them dangle for a third time.

Top Bottom