• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

This I actually like, although it's easily abusable by going up and down for farming.

This needed to let you make a custom difficulty from the start, and let you tweak settings like Enemy Alertness, Enemy Chest Frequency, OG P4 Rise or New Goddess Rise Toggle, Difficulty Enemy Frequency, Gold Hand Frequency, Start From Battle/Start From Floor/Reload Save, Frequency of Teammate Follow Up Attacks, etc

Squire

Banned
It's three volumes long here, so I have ages to wait until I get to see the True Ending in English.

It's worth the wait though. Man, I loved it. Really doesn't deserve the hate it got.

That's good to hear, considering anime isn't typically your thing. Like I said before, I like the medium, but it's really hard to smart, well-done stuff in the post-2004 world.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
That's good to hear, considering anime isn't typically your thing. Like I said before, I like the medium, but it's really hard to smart, well-done stuff in the post-2004 world.

Pretty much, yeah. A good anime is about as hard to find as a quality title on the Wii, you just have to shift through a load of shit to get to the good stuff.

Marche90

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to watch all kinds of anime before, but too many series of the same freaking thing (and the same art style) ruined it for me. Now, I still watch some anime, but not in the same volume as I did before (1 or 2 series per season, normally).

And Devil Survivor 2 The Animation next April is going to be ace

even if Dantis doesn't like the characters design... or the anti-gravity tits, which, admittedly, are ridiculous but w/e

Squire

Banned
Pretty much, yeah. A good anime is about as hard to find as a quality title on the Wii, you just have to shift through a load of shit to get to the good stuff.

Exactly. Which is why I cherish the stuff I do enjoy when I find it, but unless you're in the super pandering/fan service/moe stuff, there's basically no reason to follow the medium daily.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to watch all kinds of anime before, but too many series of the same freaking thing (and the same art style) ruined it for me. Now, I still watch some anime, but not in the same volume as I did before (1 or 2 series per season, normally).

even if Dantis doesn't like the characters design... or the anti-gravity tits, which, admittedly, are ridiculous but w/e

Devil Survivor 1 is better

Marche90

Devil Survivor 1 is better

it_s_something.png

Honestly, though, I liked them both equally, so I have no qualms about which one gets animated.

And it's not like 2 sucked, you know?

Ourobolus

Banned
I beat this on PS2, but on P4G I feel like the dates are different - I'm in December. When is the latest I need to go to the dungeon (since I should do SLs beforehand this time)?

EDIT: I just completed the ending "fork," how many days do I have left for SLs?

Sophia

I beat this on PS2, but on P4G I feel like the dates are different - I'm in December. When is the latest I need to go to the dungeon (since I should do SLs beforehand this time)?

If you're in December,
Magatsu Inaba
opens up on December 8th and the deadline is on December 24th. You'll also have the month of January to do social links.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Just make sure you complete the dungeon on or before 22nd. Because the game is an idiot and it doesn't give you any warning whatsoever that completing it after 22nd will make you unable to see the Christmas Date event.

Gah I am still bloody pissed at this. Really bloody pissed.

Jintor

Unfortunately at some point over the last 3 years the important plot points of Persona 4 became ingrained into my brain without me actually playing it and I don't remember being surprised at anything that happened in it, so P3P and P5 (and Catherine I guess) are going to be hella fun.

I really adore that sensation of experiencing something completely new, which is bizarre because I spend a lot, and I mean a lot, of my time going over stuff I've already read/watched.

Dantis

I'm.... Mildly interested. Probably won't watch it properly though. I still haven't even touched my copy of the second game, and like you say, I really hate the art.

Also, no Atlus Sound Team = no interest in the soundtrack. That's a big loss for me.

I feel like the DeSu 2 anime was a mistake. They really should have made another Persona one. I mean, was DeSu 2 even slightly popular?

Sophia

I am hoping that the DeSu 2 anime is just because they wanted to shove Seiji Kishi off on something. His directorial skills kinda suck, and he's only really good at comedy. If he's working on DeSu 2, he won't be on Persona 3 the Movie.

Sophia

I don't think it's one with the MC and one with the FeMC. Just splitting it up into multiple films because of length. They have a lot of material they can cover as the P3 manga shows.

Tiu Neo

That reminds me I have to play P3 before the film(s) come out. I really liked P4 Animation, but I think the game wouldn't have the same impact if I had watched it first.

Sophia

You know what I'd like (As fan-crushing as it would be)?

If they just added FeMC as a tenth party member.

That's what I'm hoping the movie WILL do. The Persona 3 cast is lacking in someone upbeat and cheerful, and she adds a lot of depth to Akihiko, Ken, and especially Shinjiro.

Dantis

That's what I'm hoping the movie WILL do. The Persona 3 cast is lacking in someone upbeat and cheerful, and she adds a lot of depth to Akihiko, Ken, and especially Shinjiro.

That would be excellent.

The only thing is that she'd overshadow the MC, because she's a much more interesting character, and has much more meaningful interactions with the group.

Jintor

So I went to the beach today, thinking the hour long public transport trek and hanging out with friends would get Persona out of my mind. Unfortunately on the way home I passed by Kinokuniya. Consequentially

I also sketched a lot on the train from memory. Soejima eyes are hard

Dantis

So I went to the beach today, thinking the hour long public transport trek and hanging out with friends would get Persona out of my mind. Unfortunately on the way home I passed by Kinokuniya. Consequentially

I also sketched a lot on the train from memory. Soejima eyes are hard

Some solid attempts on there. Are you not drawing in any guidelines (I can't see any, at least)? Because that will make things a lot harder for you.

Also, how much artistic experience do you have? When I drew my picture, I thought about actual facial structure and then applied Soejima's style to it (As much as I could, at least).

Jintor

Those were the guidelines, lol. Just some simple pencil sketches to try and get some style down. I'm normally a lot more cartoony, but Soejima uses a plethora of really thin lines, so it's a difficult style to match

Jintor

I erase them, since I don't use blue pacer. The photo is terrible though, I cop to that - a few of the pictures are in ink, but you can't really see that from here.

Dantis

Ah right, that's cool. I don't really do much traditional art nowadays. It's all digital for me, haha.

Do you have a tablet?

Jintor

I might

But traditional v digital is a fucking pain in the ass, let me tell you. I can't sketch on a tablet the way I can draw in my book. It's like Soejima says, I can't feel truly creative on the tablet.

I'm.... Mildly interested. Probably won't watch it properly though. I still haven't even touched my copy of the second game, and like you say, I really hate the art.

Also, no Atlus Sound Team = no interest in the soundtrack. That's a big loss for me.

I feel like the DeSu 2 anime was a mistake. They really should have made another Persona one. I mean, was DeSu 2 even slightly popular?

It's pretty well liked in Japan, but again, 1 is more well liked. Gameplay is great, art, not so much. Not gonna comment on the ost, still bitter you called P1 OG's ost "noise" and P2's "meh". I'm glad not every Megaten needs to have Meguro and Soejima. Variety is the spice of life.

Jintor

One thing I always found interesting was (December Dungeon spoilers)
both in the Animation and in the game, Adachi spends a lot of time trying to mindfuck the protagonist and the party with his bullshit philosophy which literally does not make a lick of sense, but he never, ever talks about Dojima or Nanako. I wonder why this is... was this the 'out' they left for his social link in Golden? Even though Dojima basically crapped on him for an entire year, he doesn't attempt to use their relationship in any way to really screw with MC's brain.

Fuck they do Magatsu Inaba excellently in the animation, god damn

Dantis

I might

But traditional v digital is a fucking pain in the ass, let me tell you. I can't sketch on a tablet the way I can draw in my book. It's like Soejima says, I can't feel truly creative on the tablet.

Have you tried doing what Soejima does and scanning your traditional work?

I used to do that, but I'm more comfortable on my tablet now. I like how easy it is to correct my many mistakes, haha.

One thing I always found interesting was (December Dungeon spoilers)
both in the Animation and in the game, Adachi spends a lot of time trying to mindfuck the protagonist and the party with his bullshit philosophy which literally does not make a lick of sense, but he never, ever talks about Dojima or Nanako. I wonder why this is... was this the 'out' they left for his social link in Golden? Even though Dojima basically crapped on him for an entire year, he doesn't attempt to use their relationship in any way to really screw with MC's brain.

Fuck they do Magatsu Inaba excellently in the animation, god damn

This is a really interesting point.
I think it's because he actually likes Dojima and Nanako, maybe?

Jintor

Another thing I noticed in the Animation is that non-serious episodes have a pair of gag glasses added to the opening title animation, at least in the second OP

Also, the final farewell is waaaaaaaaaaay better storyboarded than the game's final animation lol

/edit I'm poking through the Udon design works now and apparently the way (character) Personas look is down to the way in which they visualise them according to the name? So Yosuke's looks incredibly camp because Yosuke has a terrible imagination. Hahahahahahaha

Another thing I noticed in the Animation is that non-serious episodes have a pair of gag glasses added to the opening title animation, at least in the second OP

Also, the final farewell is waaaaaaaaaaay better storyboarded than the game's final animation lol

/edit I'm poking through the Udon design works now and apparently the way (character) Personas look is down to the way in which they visualise them according to the name? So Yosuke's looks incredibly camp because Yosuke has a terrible imagination. Hahahahahahaha

Don't think that's exactly how it works for the rest of the series, dunno.

Top Bottom