• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Hmmm...all you lucky folks get to play before me. I'm getting it shipped to my place and I won't be back home until after work at 6.

Have fun y'all!

seems like newegg won't get it by tuesday... maybe. First time ever a preorder game doesn't come out on release date for me.

It'll probably come Weds, it already charged me and all that but no UPS tracking.

Yaska

Play-asia just sent out mine, now to wait for the delivery (which actually doesn't really matter, the wait that is, as my Vita just died for the third time lmfao).

Eusis

If it's $39.99, than that really sucks.

Wasn't one of Sony's pitches for PSN Vita games was the discounted price?
Yeah... for themselves. When it comes to everyone else it's more of a free for all: some will copy SCEA's discount, some won't bother, some will even go further (Aksys with their reliable $5 off digital version discount).

CrovaxPSO

I know Amazon sometimes sends things out pretty late for next-day delivery but it's already past midnight and my order isn't even shipping soon yet.

I know Amazon sometimes sends things out pretty late for next-day delivery but it's already past midnight and my order isn't even shipping soon yet.

Yeah, and not really the first time they'll probably miss their delivery estimate with new releases in the past months. :/

Cheska

78762ADD-7969-4BA7-9A65-3568F65E3C51-13381-000006DF5221439A.jpg

WOOOHOOOO!!

Gonna be my first time playing this game. Sometimes it makes me glad to totally miss a game, only to play the better version years down the line. Well, I did play three hours on ps2. Doubt that's far enough to form much of an opinion.

$40 waiting for this games immediate purchase.

Rootbeer

Banned
Never played P4 in any capacity... it seems to have a really big following, even more than P3... i can't wait to see what the fuss is about tomorrow on my Vita :3

unless UPS has trouble getting into my building again T__T

Teknoman

Gonna be my first time playing this game. Sometimes it makes me glad to totally miss a game, only to play the better version years down the line. Well, I did play three hours on ps2. Doubt that's far enough to form much of an opinion.

$40 waiting for this games immediate purchase.

Never played P4 in any capacity... it seems to have a really big following, even more than P3... i can't wait to see what the fuss is about tomorrow on my Vita :3

unless UPS has trouble getting into my building again T__T

Some of the best final boss battle music this side of RPG games.

I'm sad I wasn't able to get the Solid Gold edition of the game, this will be the first Persona game collector's edition I won't have. :(

Excited to play the game though, been replaying Persona 3 Portable in anticipation.

Dantis

Btw, I love Persona 3 and 4, but in general I suck at JRPG's (I play Persona on the Normal difficulty and I have trouble with it sometimes). Will I like a game like Devil Survivor? I checked out a couple video's and it looks to me like kind of the same game, but mixed with Advance Wars/Fire Emblem strategy gameplay instead of traditional JRPG gameplay like the Persona series. We're getting Devil Survivor: Overclocked here next year (lol), and I'm checking if I need to save money for it.

Outside of the acceptable writing (And I guess the dialogue choices), DeSu is completely different. Different artist and composer, also. It is also much, much harder. I stopped playing once I got to the boss of Day 3, because I felt I was losing unfairly (Had to get to a certain point on the map, so did the AI companion and they didn't make it). I finally beat it and my DS froze up. And each attempt at this level was over half an hour long.

Persona this is not.

Outside of the acceptable writing (And I guess the dialogue choices), DeSu is completely different. Different artist and composer, also. It is also much, much harder. I stopped playing once I got to the boss of Day 3, because I felt I was losing unfairly (Had to get to a certain point on the map, so did the AI companion and they didn't make it). I finally beat it and my DS froze up. And each attempt at this level was over half an hour long.

Persona this is not.

You know you could save mid stage right?

-GJ-

Persona this is not.

Alright. Is it still hard on the easy difficulty setting? Because I think it looks very fun and I'd love to give it a spin, but I'd hate to stop playing it in the middle of the game.

Btw, I'm happy.

toDSe.png

Dantis

Alright. Is it still hard on the easy difficulty setting? Because I think it looks very fun and I'd love to give it a spin, but I'd hate to stop playing it in the middle of the game.

Btw, I'm happy.

toDSe.png

Easy is only on Overclocked. I think I heard that it is a lot easier though.

So any idea how difficult this is going to be to platinum? I kind of ruled out doing a max social link run till new game plus since I don't want to use a guide, but any other tough trophies?

Mine got shipped today. Weeeeeeeeeee.

Excite, etc.

I've been on a media black out on the game, the only things I know about it are that it's awesome, there's a lot of additions, new characters, a new segment that fills the void in the end-game, and new s-links. Oh and motorcycles.

It's going to be awesome, but waiting till december 18th is going to play it as I want is going to be hard :(

Dantis

So any idea how difficult this is going to be to platinum? I kind of ruled out doing a max social link run till new game plus since I don't want to use a guide, but any other tough trophies?

Max Compendium.

They're all pretty do-able though.

I can't decide if I want what will most likely be a rare game in my collection or the ease of having it digitally.

Either way, awesome day.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I can't decide if I want what will most likely be a rare game in my collection or the ease of having it digitally.

Either way, awesome day.
? pretty sure this game is going to be the opposite of rare, wouldn't be surprised if it's the best selling vita game for a long time

...Huh.

I mean, I'll probably never go back to it, but I wish I'd known that when I was actually playing the game.

Tis a shame, I rather liked the first Devil Survivor. Character design was all over the place in that series though, what with Yuzu's gravity boobs in 1 and EVERYONES gravity boobs in 2, was hilariously overdone. 1 just always felt better than 2 to me in any case.

Top Bottom