• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

ZeroAKA

This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to deregister a Persona in the Compendium? I want to reset the skills and level of a Persona so that I can get its skill card, and I don't want to go through the hassle of fusing it again.

Tamanon

Banned
This might be a dumb question, but is there a way to deregister a Persona in the Compendium? I want to reset the skills and level of a Persona so that I can get its skill card, and I don't want to go through the hassle of fusing it again.

Nope, just have to re-fuse it. Or catch it in Shuffle Time and register over your old one.

Trigger

Nope, I always make sure to sell cards to Marie just to avoid that.

cj_iwakura

By stylish, I'm referring to fashionably stylish, not stylised.

Do you really consider any Kaneko character fashionably stylish? Maki's P2 outfit is kind of, that's pretty much it.

smt3-yuko.jpg

I know you worship Soejima, but come on.

I've played both.

The story was great if nothing else, but I loved the gameplay too.

Dantis

smt3-yuko.jpg

I know you worship Soejima, but come on.

She looks good. Hitomi from Soul Hackers looks fine too, she looks normal, if not stylish. Generally though, his characters are much less stylish than Soejima. For one, he likes his matching tops and bottoms far too much. And a lot of his outfits have bizarre anime qualities.

She looks good. Hitomi from Soul Hackers looks fine too, she looks normal, if not stylish. Generally though, his characters are much less stylish than Soejima. For one, he likes his matching tops and bottoms far too much. And a lot of his outfits have bizarre anime qualities.

I actually hear the opposite. That Kaneko's style makes it feel unique while Soejimas is generic animu. This is not my own words, just general experience in dealing with various levels of megaten fandom and fandumb.

Dantis

What level would be good for taking on
Namatame?

I tried it with the MC at 53 and he pounded me pretty good.

I feel like I was probably a good bit higher than that. What difficulty are you on? Unless you're on Very Hard (And therefore very EXP limited), I'd recommend you grind somewhat.

cj_iwakura

I actually hear the opposite. That Kaneko's style makes it feel unique while Soejimas is generic animu. This is not my own words, just general experience in dealing with various levels of megaten fandom and fandumb.

I wish Soejima would go back to his crisp line art style from Stella Deus and P3. P4 and Catherine look a lot more like full-on anime art.

Dantis

I wish Soejima would go back to his crisp line art style from Stella Deus and P3. P4 and Catherine look a lot more like full-on anime art.

I'd go the opposite direction there, haha. Catherine (And to a lesser extent, P4) was much more proportional. Stella Deus was mega-deformed and P3 was the closest he's come to a typical anime style in my opinion. It was like halfway between P4 and Stella Deus.

cj_iwakura

I'd go the opposite direction there, haha. Catherine (And to a lesser extent, P4) was much more proportional. Stella Deus was mega-deformed and P3 was the closest he's come to a typical anime style in my opinion. It was like halfway between P4 and Stella Deus.

It was distinct art, though. I still love his Catherine work, but it doesn't quite have that same punch Stella Deus or even P3's concept image did.

persona_3_conceptart_sIBN2.jpg

That image screamed to me that 'this is the new style'.

Dantis

That's not how it looked in the game though, that style was only used in a handful of promo images.

And keep in mind he did P4 images in that style too. And a couple of Catherine pictures (Only concept art, but it still counts!).

That's not how it looked in the game though, that style was only used in a handful of promo images.

And keep in mind he did P4 images in that style too. And a couple of Catherine pictures (Only concept art, but it still counts!).

Which is what me and CJ are agreeing on apparently. It was more distinct. I love P3/4 art (P2 too its the same thing broski) and I would not want to change it, but it is true that he has settled on a more normal style these days.

I just listened to a podcast where they talk about how easy Persona 4 is, (especially The Golden version), and how they're all playing it on the hardest difficulty and how one of their daughters, who is 8 years old, passed the game only dying once (although she was playing on easy). I also have heard about how easy the game is in this very thread many times. Meanwhile, I don't understand this game at all, and the dungeons and combat are kicking my ass. I lost to dark Yukiko twice and can't even imagine how I can beat her. And every time I go into a dungeon I very quickly run out of SP and have to leave and go home to sleep, wasting a day. I hate fusing personas, I don't know what skills are good or not good. What level the persona is seems to make little difference. I don't know what skill cards are. I can't get enough money. The "voice" function tells me that people are spending the day with Yosuke or Chie, and yet I can't find either of those guys anywhere but in the original classroom, and they won't hang out with me. The "voice" function tells me that people are "working " in their rooms at night and I have no idea how to work. I can't afford books. And yet all this stuff is apparently very clear and easy to understand for an 8 year old girl. I don't even....This game is making me very depressed and stressed. I have clinical depression because of this video game. The game is apparently extremely easy, and yet I find it indecipherable. I hate this game. I hate everything about it. I watched someone play the dark Yukiko fight on youtube, and the guy playing had different clothing on the characters that I've never seen and he was doing much, much more damage than I can, even though he was only one level higher than I am. His persona's were lower level than mine, and they were still doing more damage. Playing this game is some sort of Kafkaian nightmare. I can't understand what's happening. I hate this apparently very, very easy game. This is torture. What a nightmare.

Tamanon

Banned
I just listened to a podcast where they talk about how easy Persona 4 is, (especially The Golden version), and how they're all playing it on the hardest difficulty and how one of their daughters, who is 8 years old, passed the game only dying once (although she was playing on easy). I also have heard about how easy the game is in this very thread many times. Meanwhile, I don't understand this game at all, and the dungeons and combat are kicking my ass. I lost to dark Yukiko twice and can't even imagine how I can beat her. And every time I go into a dungeon I very quickly run out of SP and have to leave and go home to sleep, wasting a day. I hate fusing personas, I don't know what skills are good or not good. What level the persona is seems to make little difference. I don't know what skill cards are. I can't get enough money. The "voice" function tells me that people are spending the day with Yosuke or Chie, and yet I can't find either of those guys anywhere but in the original classroom, and they won't hang out with me. The "voice" function tells me that people are "working " in their rooms at night and I have no idea how to work. I can't afford books. And yet all this stuff is apparently very clear and easy to understand for an 8 year old girl. I don't even....This game is making me very depressed and stressed. I have clinical depression because of this video game. The game is apparently extremely easy, and yet I find it indecipherable. I hate this game. I hate everything about it. I watched someone play the dark Yukiko fight on youtube, and the guy playing had different clothing on the characters that I've never seen and he was doing much, much more damage than I can, even though he was only one level higher than I am. His persona's were lower level than mine, and they were still doing more damage. Playing this game is some sort of Kafkaian nightmare. I can't understand what's happening. I hate this apparently very, very easy game. This is torture. What a nightmare.

Adjust your difficulty down to Very Easy to start.

I won't go into everything, but the reason you can't find Yosuke or Chie to hang out with is that your teammates generally won't be available to hang out with until you rescue Yukiko. A lot of those people did it on the first day.

After that, it's all about using weaknesses against enemies, and knowing when just attacking will kill the enemy to save your SP.

Yukiko's Castle is the hardest dungeon in the game. Lets start with the basics. What difficulty did you pick, what personas are you using, any weapons, armor, etc? Are you fusing Personas and such?

Jintor

I'm sorry Trent but I had to laugh at that run-on rant. Yukiko's Castle is actually probably the most difficult part of the game because you don't have many options available to you at that point. Nonetheless, it looks like you haven't understood the systems underlying P4's combat mechanics. To sum up:

a) Weaknesses that chain into additional turns are your primary drawcard. Toppled enemies can be dizzied to prevent them from taking another turn; if all enemies are toppled, your party will perform an all-out attack for a fair amount of additional damage. Managing enemy weaknesses and your own weaknesses is incredibly important.

b) Your active Persona determines your main party member's stats, so fusion is incredibly important.

c) The main thing to remember about fusion is you'll want to be moving towards a variety of skills on a lot of different Personas so you can be prepared for any situation.

Also, you can't talk to Chie and Yosuke because you haven't rescued Yukiko yet.

Curufinwe

I feel like I was probably a good bit higher than that. What difficulty are you on? Unless you're on Very Hard (And therefore very EXP limited), I'd recommend you grind somewhat.

I'm only on Normal, but I've been running thru the dungeons as quickly as possible.
Naoto was 10 levels higher than the rest of my main party when I first got access to the Heaven dungeon.

I guess a few levels of grinding are in order.

Adjust your difficulty down to Very Easy to start.

I won't go into everything, but the reason you can't find Yosuke or Chie to hang out with is that your teammates generally won't be available to hang out with until you rescue Yukiko. A lot of those people did it on the first day.

After that, it's all about using weaknesses against enemies, and knowing when just attacking will kill the enemy to save your SP.

Yukiko's Castle is the hardest dungeon in the game. Lets start with the basics. What difficulty did you pick, what personas are you using, any weapons, armor, etc? Are you fusing Personas and such?

I'm sorry Trent but I had to laugh at that run-on rant. Yukiko's Castle is actually probably the most difficult part of the game because you don't have many options available to you at that point. Nonetheless, it looks like you haven't understood the systems underlying P4's combat mechanics. To sum up:

a) Weaknesses that chain into additional turns are your primary drawcard. Toppled enemies can be dizzied to prevent them from taking another turn; if all enemies are toppled, your party will perform an all-out attack for a fair amount of additional damage. Managing enemy weaknesses and your own weaknesses is incredibly important.

b) Your active Persona determines your main party member's stats, so fusion is incredibly important.

c) The main thing to remember about fusion is you'll want to be moving towards a variety of skills on a lot of different Personas so you can be prepared for any situation.

Also, you can't talk to Chie and Yosuke because you haven't rescued Yukiko yet.

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably just quit though, so I don't have a heart attack.

Shinypogs

Please tell me I'm not the only person who's forgotten to scan an enemy and killed themselves with their own attack being reflected back at them. I haven't done it in like 20 hours but it's instilled in me a sort of paranoia that at any moment I will have royally screwed up.

Tamanon

Banned
Please tell me I'm not the only person who's forgotten to scan an enemy and killed themselves with their own attack being reflected back at them. I haven't done it in like 20 hours but it's instilled in me a sort of paranoia that at any moment I will have royally screwed up.

Yup. I remember Mazio one-shotting my MC one time when I forgot a group of 4 were weak to wind, and repelled lightning instead.

Sophia

Thanks for the advice. I'll probably just quit though, so I don't have a heart attack.

Don't give up! If you're having problems learning the combat, you can always go to the lowest floors of Yukiko's Castle until you get it down. Plus the chests have SP restoration items too so you can stay in the dungeon longer.

Jintor

Yup. I remember Mazio one-shotting my MC one time when I forgot a group of 4 were weak to wind, and repelled lightning instead.

The reverse is casting four matakarns on your entire party and an enemy hitting itself for 2000 damage with a magarudyne

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
And now, Adventures in Dumbassery. Starring me.

Beat the final-final boss last night and put the damn Vita in sleep mode. Decided to turn it on and go through the new prologue again and decided to look at people's statuses! So as I was scrolling back up I did it a little too fast and ended up closing the window. :|

At least I saved before the boss, as I always do.

paolo11

Persona 4 Golden is the best JRPG game ever. I just finished this game and i got the Golden ending... Never felt so emotion

By the way, Naoto is my girlfriend. :)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
SpkXD.jpg

I wanted that, but uh... it's no longer being made and hella expensive. Someone on Amazon is selling it... for 90 dollars.

Top Bottom