• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

Well, it's how Soejima designed Yosuke's, but it might just be reflective of his personality. I definitely doubt it's something consciously thought of.

Kazzy

/edit I'm poking through the Udon design works now and apparently the way (character) Personas look is down to the way in which they visualise them according to the name? So Yosuke's looks incredibly camp because Yosuke has a terrible imagination. Hahahahahahaha

But disco ninja-frog is totally cool. Right guys? Right?

Jintor

Man, Rise was originally planned to be a gang leader! Lol. But Kanji stole the role, so she got turned into a support character... haha. This book is gold, so much thought put into these designs...

Man, Rise was originally planned to be a gang leader! Lol. But Kanji stole the role, so she got turned into a support character... haha. This book is gold, so much thought put into these designs...

Interesting, the long standing rumor was that Yukiko, was the troublemaker/gang leader

Jintor

It looks like Yukiko was always intended to be the Yamoto Nadeshiko of P4 to contrast with Chie's 'believable girl IRL' thing (and to contrast against Yosuke's pretty-boy-unsuited-personality thing, although how handsome Yosuke is is up for debate). Also, MC is actually designed more to suit a 'lancer' role than a hero role, which I find quite interesting.

It looks like Yukiko was always intended to be the Yamoto Nadeshiko of P4 to contrast with Chie's 'believable girl IRL' thing (and to contrast against Yosuke's pretty-boy-unsuited-personality thing, although how handsome Yosuke is is up for debate). Also, MC is actually designed more to suit a 'lancer' role than a hero role, which I find quite interesting.

Yukiko's older designs looked much more fierce, rebellious and less feminine. Chie's design was much less tomboyish and more muted. Yosuke was only designed once they had a clear picture of how the game is now really. Some other character filled his role at first.

Sophia

Some of the early concept arts for Yukiko and Rise are very similar to each other.

I really really hope they reuse Kanji's older design in the future. That was just awesome. He would have been the next Baofu :(

Some of the early concept arts for Yukiko and Rise are very similar to each other.

Yea, and one of Rise's concepts turned into Ai Ebihara. I love how the base concept art for Rise (and a few other girls in the Megaten series) is just straight up Lisa Silverman.

Sophia

There's more than one early design in there for Rise. one looks like Ai, another looks closer to an early design of Yukiko. Soejima reuses his designs often (Fuuka in P3 originally looked like Chihiro, for exmaple...)

Jintor

Oh, design 3? I agree, but it looks more 'idol' at that stage, and Soejima's comments on Yukiko seem to indicate she was always set for the 'classical beauty' role.

But yeah, Kanji's multiple musician designs are amazing. Hip-hop Kanji, Rockabilly Kanji, weird creepy jazz club Kanji... excellent.

Also there's some stuff in there about Adachi being an excellent detective who made a mistake and got sent out to the boonies. They should've elaborated on that more in his S.link.

Dantis

I really really hope they reuse Kanji's older design in the future. That was just awesome. He would have been the next Baofu :(

They're very Catherine-esque because he looks more like an adult.

I'm really curious to see what P5 looks like, because Soejima's art has come a long way since P3 and P4.

^The overall cast was rumored to be older in the original concepts of how everything goes down

whatsachie.png

Lisa pls what are you doing on Chie's page?

Dantis

Baofu was Catherine-esque before Catherine even existed! And he didn't have to rely on multiple endings to show a God how to shove fate up his ass.

Kaneko's costume design is much less stylish though. Generally, Kaneko characters dress like anime characters. Soejima characters usually just dress like normal, stylish people.

Dantis

Most of the P2 crowd, more than p3 thats for sure at least.

Nope.

Tatsuya, Maya, Nanjo, Elly and Baofu dress terribly. Lisa, Eikichi and Jun wear school uniforms, but they're no way near as stylish as the P3 ones.

MC, FeMC, Akihiko and Mitsuru dress very well. Junpei doesn't dress stylishly, but he dresses like a real guy at least.

Nope.

Tatsuya, Maya, Nanjo, Elly and Baofu dress terribly. Lisa, Eikichi and Jun wear school uniforms, but they're no way near as stylish as the P3 ones.

MC, FeMC, Akihiko and Mitsuru dress very well. Junpei doesn't dress stylishly, but he dresses like a real guy at least.

snrk

This place is cool btw, because we discuss our opinions without everything devolving into flame wars. Seen that happen all too often among other megaten places and such.

ZeroAKA

I'm thinking of making one of those 4-elemental Ishtars for New Game +, but I don't know what to use for my last slot. I'm trying to decide between Megidolaon, Mind Charge and Repel Dark. Any opinions?

Marche90

If Ishtar resists/nulls dark, Mind Charge, if not, repel.

Megidolaon is just not worth the sp without mind charge, if you ask me

Oh, and yeah, we deserve a group hug, I guess.

Kazzy

It depends, if it's the Persona that he'd be using to farm gold hands, then it's totally viable. That said, I'm unaware about how the rest of his team is geared.

Trigger

I agree, especially if he's making a Persona that's focusing on the main elements anyone. Have someone else be the almighty nuke.

ZeroAKA

Thanks, I'll use Repel Dark and leave the Almighty skills to another Persona.

It depends, if it's the Persona that he'd be using to farm gold hands, then it's totally viable. That said, I'm unaware about how the rest of his team is geared.
1 Elemental, 1 Physical, 1 Healer, and 1 Almighty for the Hands probably.

Kazzy

Satan >>> Beelzebub. One of his forms comes with a special almighty attack, I believe.

P4G means I can pick and choose my Persona based on design alone, in which case, Beelzebub wins out every time!

And I agree with Marche90, beyond the novelty factor, there isn't really much in a lot of the unique end-game abilities.

Ok, I'm in January trying to finish up my Hermit quest #10.

Can I just get like 6 Inaba Jewel beetles and fish and keep reloading till I catch the guardian? Or is it dependent on the day? I know rain helps, but it's January and there's no more rain.

CSX

Ok, I'm in January trying to finish up my Hermit quest #10.

Can I just get like 6 Inaba Jewel beetles and fish and keep reloading till I catch the guardian? Or is it dependent on the day? I know rain helps, but it's January and there's no more rain.

You can just press O to reel in before any fish bite. Saves your bait and an attempt. Keep on doing this till the water starts going crazy. That means the Guardian is about to bite

You can just press O to reel in before any fish bite. Saves your bait and an attempt. Keep on doing this till the water starts going crazy. That means the Guardian is about to bite

So the river will be nuts? I'll go look up youtube videos then, thanks man!

CSX

So the river will be nuts? I'll go look up youtube videos then, thanks man!

Sorry. lack of sleep here lol. The ripples will be heavy and lots of splashing will occur where the bait is. Thats the Guardian about to bite.

It also looks like the water is glowing iirc

Tamanon

Banned
Rewatching part 1 on the anime, and Yu
desperately pushing the record button
during the Rise midnight channel is great.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Rewatching part 1 on the anime, and Yu
desperately pushing the record button
during the Rise midnight channel is great.

I thought it was great when he asked Youske
If he wanted a copy of Kanji's Midnight Channel scene

Necrovex

I was in Japanese class yesterday, and some of my peers were talking about Persona 4 Golden. The costumes were the main topic for this period. Anyway, they begin to talk about the Persona 2 outfits...by calling them power ranger outfits. I was nursing a flu that day (felt like a horrible hangover), and in my mind, I was raging, "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! GOD DAMN IT, NOOOOOOOO!"

Top Bottom