• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Sophia

Will anyone actually buy this when it comes to Europe or will everybody imported it and the online be dead then?

It comes out Febuary 22nd. And given that the online features are like that of Demon's Souls except with no co-op, I don't think you need to worry about THAT.

Or did you mean Persona 4 Arena and posted in the Golden thread by mistake? :p

It comes out Febuary 22nd. And given that the online features are like that of Demon's Souls except with no co-op, I don't think you need to worry about THAT.

Index made sure you cant import Arena.

No I meant Golden. Can't import Arena anyway :>@
So I guess the online part isn't important, just thought it would be cool. I probably won't get this until about May or June, too many other stuff and already played Persona 4

Do the
items you can get from spending Christmas Eve with a girl
carry over to New Game +?

If not, then isn't
fusing a Yoshitsune with Debilitate
a much better option?

Actually, even if
those items
do carry over, wouldn't the above be better anyway? I've seen the cutscenes on YouTube, so I'm not fussed about seeing those.

ZeroAKA

Do the
items you can get from spending Christmas Eve with a girl
carry over to New Game +?

If not, then isn't
fusing a Yoshitsune with Debilitate
a much better option?

Actually, even if
those items
do carry over, wouldn't the above be better anyway? I've seen the cutscenes on YouTube, so I'm not fussed about seeing those.
The items don't carry over, but a date with Naoto also gets you a costume that you keep on NG+.

Jintor

Also I've been looking for a good 2D fighter to get into with my brother, I think we're done with Ultimate Marvel for a while

Dantis

Also I've been looking for a good 2D fighter to get into with my brother, I think we're done with Ultimate Marvel for a while

Blazblue is really good if you can tolerate the outrageous animu stylings. In the first game, it seemed like they were parodying themselves, but later stuff because full-on anime madness.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to recommend DOA5. It's 3D, but fuck, it's amazing.

Dantis

Amazing is pushing it, but seconded. It's quite good. We spent a long time in the OT.

We sure did.

I loved it. Favourite fighter this gen, by far. It has flaws, but shit damn, so does everything.

EDIT: I just realised that I really need to stop swearing so much. My language on here is becoming frighteningly close to how I sound in real life. I used to completely avoid the swears, but it seems they've seeped through somehow! :S

Moonlight

Banned
Anyone know what Persona I can get a Null or Absorb Fire skill-card out of? I've been trying to use Kaguya as my main Persona (as I love the design), but Evade Fire is seriously failing me at all the wrong moments.

Just encountered
the Grim Reaper
in
Heaven
. Beat it without too much trouble; it only ever cast Megidolaon. Between my party being around level 70, Rise randomly giving me good buffs pretty often, and keeping my Hit/Evasion up, the fight didn't last too long. It helps that the Persona on my MC has Megidoloan and a 90+ (I forget exactly) Magic stat.

Trigger

Anyone know what Persona I can get a Null or Absorb Fire skill-card out of? I've been trying to use Kaguya as my main Persona (as I love the design), but Evade Fire is seriously failing me at all the wrong moments.

Me too! Hell Biker gives them, I think. You can also trying evolving a resist fire skill.

Sophia

He has a set schedule, but he'll show up at the Junes or outside the Gas Station at night on those days. At 2nd, 4th and 5th rank I think you can only chat to him at night.

More accurately, his RANK UP event shows up at Night. So you still need to be checking for the day for non-rank up events.

Curufinwe

Almost up to December now.

Namatame was tough for me on Normal with the MC at level 58, but I managed to beat him on the third attempt by having Chie and Yukiko dead when he charmed all three other party members. I couldn't get a Persona with Makarakarn, so I made do with 3 magic mirrors.

Ourobolus

Banned
Sweet! Maxed out all social links by 2/2 (except for the story-related ones)! Excited, since I was never able to do this on my first runs of P3, P3FES, P3P, or P4!

Jintor

I drew another thing

tumblr_mgigm0Dt3R1rnx5rho1_500.jpg

Ourobolus

Banned
No, I actually didn't follow a max s link guide (i did a lot of save /reload spam for the Aeon/Jester links because they were new, though). Since I've played through the game before I had a good handle on what needed to be done by when. I still had about half of Kanji, Ai, and Naoli to go when I hit January.

Honestly, as long as you are making sure to do SOMETHING productive whenever you get free time (and finishing dungeons in one day), I don't see it as being that difficult. Also, once you get your stats to lv 5 (diligence lv 3), go ahead and pull fortunes at night (if you can't do tower/devil/hiero/justice - I was done with all of them in November).

Jintor

You just have to remember to manage Temperence and Death, I think. Well, Death is the most annoying social link in terms of schedule, with the possible exception of Jester.

Dantis

I drew another thing

tumblr_mgigm0Dt3R1rnx5rho1_500.jpg

Haha, this is cool! You have a very interesting style.

I don't know if you're open to constructive critique, but I'll give some anyway! It's all good, but I'd recommend you work on your hand shapes a bit. I learned loads about drawing hands just from looking at Soejima's art, so that's a really good starting place. :p

I think all this discussion about drawing has inspired me to draw something Persona-related soon. I think I'd like to take another bash at it.

Necrovex

Blazblue is really good if you can tolerate the outrageous animu stylings. In the first game, it seemed like they were parodying themselves, but later stuff because full-on anime madness.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to recommend DOA5. It's 3D, but fuck, it's amazing.

I never thought you would be the person to say this such a thing. Sell me on DOA5!

I adore Blazblue, but I also love the animu genre. I have been meaning to catch up on those games. I only played the first one, but something about the lore catches my interest.

I'm in the Secret Lab and I'm wondering which Black Frost-tier persona I should be after next. I've maxed Yukiko, Dojima, and Yosuke (S-Links, that is).

Edit: my MC is level 52, by the way.

Dantis

I never thought you would be the person to say this such a thing. Sell me on DOA5!

I adore Blazblue, but I also love the animu genre. I have been meaning to catch up on those games. I only played the first one, but something about the lore catches my interest.

Yep, been a fan of DOA since the Dreamcast days. I played DOAU, DOA4 and DOA5 for hours online.

It's easily the most fluid fighter, with a seamlessness between moves which just isn't seen anywhere else. The move lists are gigantic, which allows for a ton of options, and means that getting to grips with a new character is relatively simple, because most strings yield some manner of combo.

I'm also a big fan of Ninja Gaiden, so the fact that Hayabusa is in the game is a big plus for me (Particularly that a lot of his moves have been carried over from those games). On top of that, DOA5 has three Lotus Juice (Rapper from Persona 3) songs in it (Though he only actually raps in two of them), and they are excellent.

DOA5's art design is also stupendous, with a mostly toned down over-sexuality and a new art style which is somewhere between the old manga-inspired look and a realistic look. Whatever it is, it looks excellent. The graphics are incredibly impressive, with probably the best looking characters of the generation. Kasumi's mesh is a massive 65,000 polygons (Compared to 20,000 on Jun from TTT2):

DeadorAlive5KasumiSan.png

As ever, my only complaint with the visuals is that the costume design isn't as good as Soejima's stuff, haha.

It has a large amount of single player content and a solid amount of unlockable costumes and there are something like 25 characters. There's a lot of DLC available but outside of the first pack, a lot of it is overpriced and a bit guff really.

It's coming out for the Vita in March, so that might be a good time to give it a look.

I'm in the Secret Lab and I'm wondering which Black Frost-tier persona I should be after next. I've maxed Yukiko, Dojima, and Yosuke (S-Links, that is).

Edit: my MC is level 52, by the way.

I think I stuck with Black Frost throughout that whole dungeon, haha!

Annnnd.... done!

Finally defeated
Izanami. I ended up playing most of the game with Chie and Kanji, because they were cool, and Naoto, because she was overpowered. Would have played with Teddie if it wasn't for the fact he was ice-based.
I am not sure how I missed the attendant thing at the beginning of the game. I guess after 80 hours, you forget a lot about what happened at the beginning.. :/

Does the special epilogue you get when you finish the hollow forest consist of the entire part when you come back to Inaba? If it is, it's a pretty major thing to miss. I liked the new portraits a lot, especially since they were not refurbished from old portraits. New haircuts were ace, (especially the girls'), except for Kanji's :).

Technicalities:
Is it me, or does Lucifer suck a bit? Considering the requirements to fuse him, you'd expect him to have some damage-dealing powers. Brave blade didn't seem that powerful, and he only has megidolaon on the almighty side. Victory cry does not seem that useful, by the end of the game it seemed hard to deplete SPs. Helel was pretty cool, though.

Side question: did hiimdaisy's persona 4 comic stop before the end of the game? Last one I can find is about
teddie growing up a body. I see there are youtube videos, but I don't think I want to see them dubbed

Now onto actually playing P3. I think that in spite of GAF's threat of suckage, I will play P3P. I kinda want to play with the female MC.

Sophia

Technicalities:
Is it me, or does Lucifer suck a bit? Considering the requirements to fuse him, you'd expect him to have some damage-dealing powers. Brave blade didn't seem that powerful, and he only has megidolaon on the almighty side. Victory cry does not seem that useful, by the end of the game it seemed hard to deplete SPs. Helel was pretty cool, though.

His base stats are somewhat weak (except Magic) for his level. His Agility and Luck in particular are pretty low for a level 93 Persona. If you had other Personae with stats enhanced through Shuffle Time, that may be why.

Dantis

Just sketched this up, and figured I'd share it with y'all before I go for my tea:

Quick story behind this: One of the many, many things I love in P3 and P4 is that after you spend time with someone, they bye in a way which corresponds with the S Link level. In vanilla P4, I found Naoto pretty boring outside of her S Link, but I really loved the way her actress delivered the enthusiastic "Goodbye!". I always pictured Naoto running off home happily.

Such a merry little game.

Marche90

Yeah, she never finished them. Supposedly, she was out of ideas to continue the comic, and she didn't wanted to keep doing them anymore anyway.

Edit: nice drawings! that one in specific is pretty good.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Just sketched this up, and figured I'd share it with y'all before I go for my tea:

English people and their tea I tell ya.

I love tea myself D:

In regards to the pic, it's nice and yeah, Naoto only seemed interesting in the SL. Probably ran home and wrote in her journal or whatever. "Today, MC Talked to me!!!!"

Dantis

English people and their tea I tell ya.

I love tea myself D:

Different kind of tea. I hate tea as in the drink. The tea I was referring to is just the second meal in the day (Dinner in America, or something?).

EDIT: I just realised, I said hate. No idea why I said that. What I meant to say is that I don't drink it.

Edit: nice drawings! that one in specific is pretty good.

Thank youuuuuu! :D

Top Bottom