• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

Alright
*hits dantis*

DUDE! WHY'D YOU HIT ME?

Give me a bit, I might redline over your sketch

O_O

Is there that much wrong with it?

So real quick, what's some of the things that transfers over in NG+? I'm assuming it's things like your social ranks, persona and skill collection and all that stuff right? I get the feeling I won't even get close to maxing out all of the social links in one playthrough for the trophy.

I thought you didn't like this? :p

You only have to rank up to 6 (the rest rank up automatically). Just pay attention to the following dates:

September: 1 (Sat), 19 (M), 20 (Tue), 21 (W), 23 (F), 24 (Sat), 27 (Tue), 30 (F)
October: 6 (Thu), 12 (W), 21 (F), 24 (M), 26 (W)
November: 1 (Tue)

You should have plenty of time as long as you know when to talk to him.

Thanks!

And the killer's identity was just spoiled for me after glancing at a true ending guide. Fuck.

Marche90

It's progressively getting a bit better at a time. But I was mostly asking for trophy purposes :p

If it is like that I have the feeling that you will like it a bit more, at the very least. And about what you asked, the stuff that gets transfered is:

-MC's Social Stats and Persona Slots.
-Money
-Persona Compendium
-Items that you get when your S.links reach Rank Max (S.links resets, btw)
-Costumes
-Skill Cards

Trigger

If it is like that I have the feeling that you will like it a bit more, at the very least. And about what you asked, the stuff that gets transfered is:

-MC's Social Stats and Persona Slots.
-Money
-Persona Compendium
-Items that you get when your S.links reach Rank Max (S.links resets, btw)
-Costumes
-Skill Cards

I've always hated this. I wish the item allowed you to auto-rank a social link to max.

barrin87

Wow
Margaret
is a total dick! I got past the healing once and had the HP bar down to a fourth after the healing and then I seriously get a Megidoloan that does 9,999 damage? How the hell am I supposed to survive that?!?! This is the only thing that's standing in my way of the plat.

Jintor

Naoto shield o' justice or somehow saving Rise for up to that level

Her pattern is easy to work out though so manage your party weaknesses and you can crush her before she reaches turn 50 or 99, when she uses the massive attacks. When she gets sub 30% she'll switch from mind charges to 8x phys attacks, so don't forget to guard.

I don't think she had 2 turns p/turn in the original, so she's a little trickier now, but you can do it!

Trigger

For Trigger, it's not that the game is broken.

It's that it's not broken enough.

I'm all about pushing new boundaries.

Wow
Margaret
is a total dick! I got past the healing once and had the HP bar down to a fourth after the healing and then I seriously get a Megidoloan that does 9,999 damage? How the hell am I supposed to survive that?!?! This is the only thing that's standing in my way of the plat.

Rise's social link isn't at max?
She'll instantly revive you or block it completely.
I'm surprised to hear someone is having so much trouble.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wow
Margaret

You have 50 turns I believe, if you don't finish her by then, you get MEGIDOLOAN'D

barrin87

I'm all about pushing new boundaries.

Rise's social link isn't at max?
She'll instantly revive you or block it completely.
I'm surprised to hear someone is having so much trouble.

No, I have everyone at max. I was already revived once though and I think a full attack was as well.

Dantis

So I've been looking at my Naoto sketch on and off over the last few hours, and I spotted a few things I wanted to change. Unfortunately, I'm on my laptop, so I had to edit it using a mouse. EVEN SO, I think it looks better now.

naotomouseedits.png

As a side-note, if anyone can draw with a mouse, you are an exceedingly talented person. I can't do shit without my tablet. :(

So I've been looking at my Naoto sketch on and off over the last few hours, and I spotted a few things I wanted to change. Unfortunately, I'm on my laptop, so I had to edit it using a mouse. EVEN SO, I think it looks better now.

As a side-note, if anyone can draw with a mouse, you are an exceedingly talented person. I can't do shit without my tablet. :(

I don't even like Naoto's design very much, but this is very nice.

No, I have everyone at max. I was already revived once though and I think a full attack was as well.

There are a fair amount of items/spells that will let you survive a death and be revived with some HP, no?

So do you have to have a persona equipped with the same archana as a person you're trying to social like with to advance the social link? I tried to spend the day with Marie, and the game told me something like "you won't be able to advance with this social link", or something like that. Later, I spent the day with Chie, and the game told me that since I had such and such persona, I could advance my link with Chie (I still didn't advance the link though, maybe because I was talking to Chie at night.) Can you only advance social links during the day and not at night? Sorry for all the questions.

Necrovex

So real quick, what's some of the things that transfers over in NG+? I'm assuming it's things like your social ranks, persona and skill collection and all that stuff right? I get the feeling I won't even get close to maxing out all of the social links in one playthrough for the trophy. Hell I'm about to go into July and I have Yukiko at level 7 and no one else higher than 4 I think.

I never expected to see you in this thread.

And yeah, unless you follow a guide, it will be nigh impossible to max out all of the social links in one play through. I'm glad to see you are beginning to enjoy the game.

Jintor

So s.link mechanics have hidden point values before you move up in rank between them. At lower levels that's like 0 or 1 and you'll probably get that amount of s.link points during the event themselves, but at higher levels they can be 6 or 7. If you have a Persona of their arcana, it adds a few points during the event and may mean you don't need to hang out with them later on a non Event rank-up, speeding up your time.

You can't rank up with most s.links at night, with the exception of Jester, Nurse, and Tower. But you can build the hidden point values.

That Naoto is lacking in slammin' and or jammin'. She needs to listen to the Space Jam ost and get some basketball on

Marche90

So do you have to have a persona equipped with the same archana as a person you're trying to social like with to advance the social link? I tried to spend the day with Marie, and the game told me something like "you won't be able to advance with this social link", or something like that. Later, I spent the day with Chie, and the game told me that since I had such and such persona, I could advance my link with Chie (I still didn't advance the link though, maybe because I was talking to Chie at night.) Can you only advance social links during the day and not at night? Sorry for all the questions.

1.- Not necessarily, but it helps. Ie. the game has a hidden point system for the S.links. If you give a response that normally would give +2 to that S.link, you get +3 with a Persona of the same arcana

2.- You can advance the S.link without a Persona, but it is a bit slower for the reason above.

3.- Except for some night S.links, you can't

EDIT: Well, beaten. Not surprised, really

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Yeah, you can only advance the links during the day, with the exception being Adachi's on certain nights and the Nurse/Tutor which are jobs from the Bulletin Board (provided you reach the qualifications with your stats). You don't exactly NEED a persona of the same arcana BUT it does give you bonus points when you pick the correct response. Links sometimes just won't advance because you don't have a certain amount of points. You can build up more by spending time with them at night, if someone calls you, take someone to the movies (once you unlock the city with the scooter), drawing a fortune at the shrine or over the course of the story.

Don't worry about not fully maxing out every link on your first run, try to stick to your main party and Marie's if you want the special dungeon/epilogue. She'll be available every day in December, so you still have a lot of time.

Young Magus

Artwork is nice keep up the work

Jintor

Oh yeah, if you're not dehabilitating constantly you're doing it wrong. That's like -40% to all stats or something isn't it? Debuffs are crazy good in Persona

Jintor

it reminds me of the thread someone made because they were so disgusted with the Korra finale so they decided to recouch the entire ending fight as a b-ball battle

She loves balls?

Originally Posted by buddha0991: View Post
Naoto's clown shoes indicate her past career as a basketball player. Her size screwed her over there so she became cynical and began to wear a permanent scowl.

Originally Posted by Dantis: View Post
THEN WHY IS SHE SMILING IN MY PICTURE?
Because Yu taught her the fundimentals of handles on the court. She can now outmaneuver any player and slam like the rest. Slam and jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPHVNMefUT0

not that good but you get the point

So s.link mechanics have hidden point values before you move up in rank between them. At lower levels that's like 0 or 1 and you'll probably get that amount of s.link points during the event themselves, but at higher levels they can be 6 or 7. If you have a Persona of their arcana, it adds a few points during the event and may mean you don't need to hang out with them later on a non Event rank-up, speeding up your time.

You can't rank up with most s.links at night, with the exception of Jester, Nurse, and Tower. But you can build the hidden point values.

1.- Not necessarily, but it helps. Ie. the game has a hidden point system for the S.links. If you give a response that normally would give +2 to that S.link, you get +3 with a Persona of the same arcana

2.- You can advance the S.link without a Persona, but it is a bit slower for the reason above.

3.- Except for some night S.links, you can't

EDIT: Well, beaten. Not surprised, really

Yeah, you can only advance the links during the day, with the exception being Adachi's on certain nights and the Nurse/Tutor which are jobs from the Bulletin Board (provided you reach the qualifications with your stats). You don't exactly NEED a persona of the same arcana BUT it does give you bonus points when you pick the correct response. Links sometimes just won't advance because you don't have a certain amount of points. You can build up more by spending time with them at night, if someone calls you, take someone to the movies (once you unlock the city with the scooter), drawing a fortune at the shrine or over the course of the story.

Don't worry about not fully maxing out every link on your first run, try to stick to your main party and Marie's if you want the special dungeon/epilogue. She'll be available every day in December, so you still have a lot of time.

I see. I didn't know there were point values, I thought it was an all or nothing deal. Thanks guys.

Squire

Banned
buddha0991 - 995

Dantis - 839

Trigger - 719

Sophia - 554

Jintor - 542

jello44 - 504

inorigo - 330

we.are.the.armada - 301

Noi - 253

Venfayth - 243

buddha0991 - 995

Dantis - 839

Trigger - 719

Sophia - 554

Jintor - 542

jello44 - 504

inorigo - 330

we.are.the.armada - 301

Noi - 253

Venfayth - 243

Everyone on that list are totally bros with each other. No Joke.....Also Kou looks sort of like Naoto...Its almost as bad as those people who think that Naoto is related to P3MC. Also I have the most posts because I spend more time talking about P4 than playing P4

Top Bottom