• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Derrick01

Banned
If it is like that I have the feeling that you will like it a bit more, at the very least. And about what you asked, the stuff that gets transfered is:

-MC's Social Stats and Persona Slots.
-Money
-Persona Compendium
-Items that you get when your S.links reach Rank Max (S.links resets, btw)
-Costumes
-Skill Cards

Oh what the hell? I guess that means playthrough 2 is going to be doing nothing but rushing through social links. At least keeping the stats will eliminate the need to work and study.

Miker

Oh what the hell? I guess that means playthrough 2 is going to be doing nothing but rushing through social links. At least keeping the stats will eliminate the need to work and study.

I played the vanilla version of P4 without the extra month (months?) and finished it on my first playthrough with only 4 s. links unmaxed (Death, Temperance, Sun, Hanged Man). Well, 5 if you include Empress, but that can be done in a day if you want to. Of those, Death was level lvl 9 and Temperance was lvl 4 or 5, Sun was lvl 8, and Hanged Man was pretty low, like 2. With the extra time in Golden, and being able to pray at night (right? I don't actually have the game), I think you could max out your s. links in a single playthrough without too much trouble as long as you plan a bit.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I played the vanilla version of P4 without the extra month (months?) and finished it on my first playthrough with only 4 s. links unmaxed (Death, Temperance, Sun, Hanged Man). Well, 5 if you include Empress, but that can be done in a day if you want to. Of those, Death was level lvl 9 and Temperance was lvl 4 or 5, Sun was lvl 8, and Hanged Man was pretty low, like 2. With the extra time in Golden, and being able to pray at night (right? I don't actually have the game), I think you could max out your s. links in a single playthrough without too much trouble as long as you plan a bit.

That's the hard part, the planning. For me anyway. I used a max guide on my NG+.

Yeah, you can go out and use the shrine at night (so long as Dojima isn't home(until you get the jobs)) and use the charms there and it can progress the SL.

Noi

I can split up my posts in 3 parts.

- Making fun of Dantis.
- Labrys stuff
- Actually talking about the game.

Though the first two are usually tied together.

Jintor

I used a guide and had about two weeks free. There's more than enough time if you know what you're doing.

I only had one week free, not sure what I stuffed up. Didn't use a guide though, just changed priorities a bit. Was my third runthrough though.

So...this is my 1000th post here...

Jack-Frost-Animated-6.gif.gif

2849080_o.gif

Well, heres to Megaten Gaf

I am the law.

tumblr_m0u2nyfPtN1rp5y97o1_500.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Only Naoki and Ai left with Naoki at 5 and Ai at 6 and I just at the point when the party discovered who the real killer is. I didn't use any S.Link guide whatsoever so if the time allotment up until this game ends is not enough to get max all S.Link I am gonna punch something so hard.

Also, goddamn it I am really annoyed by Yosuke sometimes. Almost all if not ALL mandatory day-wasting shits are forced by the game through him, "OH NO PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE STUPID CONCERT!" "OH NO HELP ME WASTE 5 DAYS WORKING AT JUNES EVEN THOUGH YOU SAY NO!" "OH NO LET'S GET SCOOTER LICENSES TOGETHER BRO!" "OH NO LET'S GO TO THE BEACH BRO!"

By the time he asked me to "OH NO HELP ME WITH THE HALLOWEEN EVENT BRO!" I rejected him because fuck him and fuck the Halloween costume anyways.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They should have had Teddie saying 'I need your help. It's really important to me.' Then you spend your whole day to go see him, and when you show up, 'I forgot.' And he does it multiple times throughout the game.

Squire

Banned
Now that I think about it, Yukiko should have drafted you all to help work at the inn or some shit

The Inn has employees and its an inn. They can't just have the party working there like it's a thing kids do. They help Yosuke at Junes because it makes much more sense.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate how, when I try to talk to anyone and I don't want to spend time with them because it wont advance, 'SO AND SO LOOKS SAD'

At least Dojima's just like what the fuck ever kid. I got stuff to do anyways.

Jintor

The Inn has employees and its an inn. They can't just have the party working there like it's a thing kids do. They help Yosuke at Junes because it makes much more sense.

Well, at least they pay you

Anyway

fuck it

i'm going to drop $80 on P2 and P3P. I am getting RIPPED THE FUCK OFF, but fuck it

quick question

I'm deep into nocturne right now (my first smt game) and I'm not sure if I should go to persona 3 or persona 4 next. Is there any reason to play 3 first?

Tamanon

Banned
quick question

I'm deep into nocturne right now (my first smt game) and I'm not sure if I should go to persona 3 or persona 4 next. Is there any reason to play 3 first?

Personally, I'd think Persona 3 would be tougher to go back to after Persona 4, if only because the battle system is a tad weaker.

But they are completely separate stories with tiny connections, so either one is a great game.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
quick question

Fuck you man I am so jelly so hard about this. If there ever is a game that I wish I can forget in order to experience it again in all its newness it's Nocturne ;________;

Yeah P3, especially the FES version (I advise you to stay away from P3P because the loss of animated sequences is quite impactful to the 'feeling' of many dramatic scenes, for me anyways--and the P3 Female is unimportant non-canon/filler side-story anyways), is a great game on its own, and at various points on P4 the game reference P3.

P4A also has characters from P3 too, so absolutely get it if you can. I am also in the camp that thinks as far as atmosphere goes, P3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P4.

Jintor

When you say 'animated sequences', do you mean anime cutscenes, or are there ABSOLUTELY NONE of that in-world animation stuff like the little animation where Yosuke drives his bike into a bin or gets hit in the nads?

Tamanon

Banned
I did enjoy the world and characters enough to experience it all again, although it'll never be quite like playing it for the first time.
I'll give it a shot. Still need to try out Persona 3, but I don't really like the idea of Portable being a bit neutered.

I feel like this is a dark path one could easily tumble down..

Portable isn't really neutered per se, it does have a ton of content specifically designed for that version. The new female MC feels almost like a completely different game.

Fuck you man I am so jelly so hard about this. If there ever is a game that I wish I can forget in order to experience it again in all its newness it's Nocturne ;________;

Yeah P3, especially the FES version (I advise you to stay away from P3P because the loss of animated sequences is quite impactful to the 'feeling' of many dramatic scenes, for me anyways--and the P3 Female is unimportant non-canon/filler side-story anyways), is a great game on its own, and at various points on P4 the game reference P3.

P4A also has characters from P3 too, so absolutely get it if you can. I am also in the camp that thinks as far as atmosphere goes, P3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> P4.

Yeah man it's the most fun I've had with a game for a long time. Picked it up for winter break, but it doesn't look like I'll finish it in time for school

Portable isn't really neutered per se, it does have a ton of content specifically designed for that version. The new female MC feels almost like a completely different game.

I'm extremely tempted to pick it up, yet the lack of in world exploration (for the most part) and cutscenes is whats holding me back. I know I could probably just view them on YouTube, but I can only imagine the whole experience would come off as less impactful as a whole.

Top Bottom