• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

tEhLoNeR

Neo Member
Is there any major difference between Golden and the original? Don't got a Vita, so I'm playing the original.

Right now I'm on the 3rd boss
shadow yukiko
and holy shit I failed horribly. I was severely under leveled and I was on the last day I could do it. I had to go back a week and lost like 4 hours of progress.

and holy shit I played this game for almost 9 hours straight...

Same thing happened to me, but with a later boss. What I did was kept going back and forth between the last and the second to the last floors, killing every single shadow I see and getting all of the treasure chests. I also
went back to the old levels and beat the optional bosses and gotten upgraded weapons for my party.

Golden has an extra dungeon I think, as well as another ending. Also, difficulty, costumes on a new slot, new VA's for two of the characters and new SL. I havent played the original, so I cant say if the changes are for the better. Look here for the full list of changes, but there might be spoilers.

I'm almost done with the game I think. I got golden Tuesday, and its the only game I play right now. That plot twist
with Adachi.... I would have never expected that.
Cant wait until I beat the game and start NG+

Dantis that sure is baller. She looks ready to stop Shadow Barkley from conducting the Chaos Dunk. "I am the detective of dunk!"- Naoto "Short Stuff" Shirogane

Jintor, like Dantis said, P3 has the greatest climax of the series just short of P2

welcome to one of my primary complaints against P3. I get if people like the story, atmosphere, characters, etc over P4, but people who say it's an overall better game are loco, bro. The way the game works is, hey you have this 200+ sized tower to climb and every full moon you got another boss to deal with. You will have to totally climb the tower by the end, but until then, the tower is there to level you for the full moon bosses, which makes no sense since the Tararus Tower bosses are for the most part, much tougher.
My only issues with p3fes is the lack of controlleable party members, and lack of interactions with junpei, Akihiko, shinjiro, and ken. But I still love p3fes and would die for a remake like p4g :3

Cornbread78

Alright, getting really pissed trying to beat the optional boss
Contrarian King
how the hell do you prevent thsi guys frmo using the damn Rampage that kills everyone all the time? It's total BS.

Also, the item drops for the quests... how and where do they appear? I've played through the castle about 100x now and nothing...

Trigger

Alright, getting really pissed trying to beat the optional boss
Contrarian King
how the hell do you prevent thsi guys frmo using the damn Rampage that kills everyone all the time? It's total BS.

Option 1) Wait till you're stronger later since the optional dungeon bosses don't go anywhere.

Option 2) Bring a persona strong to physical attacks and don't use physical attacks on it. I thought I read somewhere in this thread that he won't use rampage if you don't physical attack him.

EDIT- Quest drops only appear if you took the quest and are usually super rare rewards after battle.

Cornbread78

Option 1) Wait till you're stronger later since the optional dungeon bosses don't go anywhere.

Option 2) Bring a persona strong to physical attacks and don't use physical attacks on it. I thought I read somewhere in this thread that he won't use rampage if you don't physical attack him.

EDIT- Quest drops only appear if you took the quest and are usually super rare rewards after battle.

Good info, I guess I will just run around for several hours just waiting for an item to drop. Suddenly I'm having horrid flashbacks of FFXIII

Sophia

He'll rampage even if you don't physical attack him. You need to bring a Persona strong to physical and as many damage reduction debuffs/defense increasing buffs you can.

Tamanon

Banned
Quest drops should be 100% from the enemies that would carry it. Each quest drop only comes from one specific enemy and only if you have the quests.

I wish Persona 4 had Persona 3's quest system, or a version of it, where I could do the quests while going through the dungeon the first time.

I think for a persona that resists physical, I made sure to capture a slime and level it to reach null physical before fusing it to make another persona. Made handling Rampage just a bit easier.

Same thing happened to me, but with a later boss. What I did was kept going back and forth between the last and the second to the last floors, killing every single shadow I see and getting all of the treasure chests. I also
went back to the old levels and beat the optional bosses and gotten upgraded weapons for my party.

Would this be the best way on Hard? Because I decided wth and started a Hard game and I'm trying to figure out the most efficient way to grind levels in the beginning. I just unlocked Kanji's dungeon and those gigas are a pain. Do 3/4 health and I got to Hama them to stay alive and all they give is 50 exp :(

Kerub

Banned
I'm stuck. I'm revisiting the
mitsuo/video game dungeon
and I can't get through the door at level 10. It says "the door is sealed with a mysterious power".

I googled it and every answer says that I need to beat a miniboss on level 7 but I've explored everything on that level. Has anybody else had this problem?

Edit - to clarify, I've beaten the dungeon before. I'm just going back to grind and beat the second boss.

Sophia

Ah, I see. I wasn't sure.

The goal is to get as many people to survive Rampage. If he gets two un-debuffed hits off or three-debuffed hits off on someone., he's going to kill them most likely.

I've had him Rampage right off the start before. It suuuucks :(

Miker

I'm stuck. I'm revisiting the
mitsuo/video game dungeon
and I can't get through the door at level 10. It says "the door is sealed with a mysterious power".

I googled it and every answer says that I need to beat a miniboss on level 7 but I've explored everything on that level. Has anybody else had this problem?

Edit - to clarify, I've beaten the dungeon before. I'm just going back to grind and beat the second boss.

I remember there being a key (orb of darkness?), but I thought you had to pick it up to finish it the first time around.

Kerub

Banned
I remember there being a key (orb of darkness?), but I thought you had to pick it up to finish it the first time around.

Yeah, I got that key the first time I played it (
When mitsuo's shadow was the end boss
). Can't find any key/miniboss now though.

Moonlight

Banned

Did you open a chest behind him? I think that might be where you get the Orb.

If not, I have a vague recollection that the door to the bonus boss only reopens when the next dungeon becomes accessible. When that happens, it forces you to start back from the beginning and the enemies become a little harder. I might be misremembering, though.

Trigger

The goal is to get as many people to survive Rampage. If he gets two un-debuffed hits off or three-debuffed hits off on someone., he's going to kill them most likely.

I've had him Rampage right off the start before. It suuuucks :(

Ah. I always just wait until I beat the next dungeon before revisiting so I never had this issue.

If not, I have a vague recollection that the door to the bonus boss only reopens when the next dungeon becomes accessible.

Yep. He's probably just too early.

Kerub

Banned

If not, I have a vague recollection that the door to the bonus boss only reopens when the next dungeon becomes accessible. When that happens, it forces you to start back from the beginning and the enemies become a little harder. I might be misremembering, though.

Aha, that makes sense. I haven't unlocked the next dungeon yet so I guess that's the reason I can't get to the bonus boss. Thanks!

I can't remember than happening with the earlier dungeons so it confused me.

Derrick01

Banned
I should have listened to Teddie about not opening this one treasure chest. You'd think with my 23 years of heavy gaming experience that I'd know by now when you get repeated warnings you better listen to them, but in my cockiness I figured I could handle whatever was coming.

Then 2 of my guys get hit for 3600 (I have like 250 health each character) and I bailed the fuck out with an escape item.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I should have listened to Teddie about not opening this one treasure chest. You'd think with my 23 years of heavy gaming experience that I'd know by now when you get repeated warnings you better listen to them, but in my cockiness I figured I could handle whatever was coming.

Then 2 of my guys get hit for 3600 (I have like 250 health each character) and I bailed the fuck out with an escape item.

mwhaha, you have met the Reaper.

Just wait about until you get 50-60 more levels and return the favor.

Noi

Don't fear the reaper. >:D

Derrick01

Banned
Don't fear the reaper. >:D

I wasn't at first when they were letting me attack. The attacks that actually hit him seemed to take more off his health than I expected and I thought depending on what he does I could probably get lucky and take him.

Nope.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Sadly, the Reaper becomes somehow impossible to catch when you're actually looking for him.

Yup. I did get him once though. I think someone mentioned to count the amount of chests you opened to 20, use a goho-m and save. Supposedly, the counter never resets and the next chest you open, gives you the reaper warning. Then if you open a chest and he doesn't' appear, reload the save and try again.

I didn't test this theory though.

Trigger

Yup. I did get him once though. I think someone mentioned to count the amount of chests you opened to 20, use a goho-m and save. Supposedly, the counter never resets and the next chest you open, gives you the reaper warning. Then if you open a chest and he doesn't' appear, reload the save and try again.

I didn't test this theory though.

Sounds like too much work. Why can't he just stalk me again?

I miss those good times we had in Tartarus. ;_;

Sophia

You're lucky. Most people don't get the chance to bail out :D

barrin87

Well I decided to just turn the difficulty down to easy and was able to beat the side boss that I was stuck on with ease. The platinum is had now!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The thrill of the chase! :D
I remember Armageddon being ridiculously hard to get in P3P. I had to do it the hard way.

I think I lucked out and had enough gems, or whatever I needed to get it.

snrk

OJ7G4.jpg

I gave up and just finished the game instead. Shame, I wanted the trophy. :(

Someone on here told me that you have a chance to encounter the reaper every 20 chests or so ( I think it's more like every 22 chests though). What I found though is that even after you open enough chests, the next chest he would be in was random, which made the chances of finding him even lower. So what I did was keep a rough track of how many chests I had opened, and when I got to 20 chests opened(or in other words, two chests away from when the Reaper appears), I would leave whatever dungeon I'm at, save the game, and go to the fifth floor of Yukiko's Castle. Since there are only two chests on the fifth floor of Yukiko's Castle, You can open the first chest and be sure the Reaper is in the second chest. The encounter rate still seems kinda low though, so if you don't encounter him, reload and try again until you get him. I got all of the Ultimate Weapons for everyone that way and three Godly Robes too.

Marche90

I approve that version!

Also, next update of P4 will be one with that Female MC for the 3DS

That would be my dream, I don't have the money to buy a Vita yet. The wait to play this game is killing me ;_;

Top Bottom