• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

Tis a shame, I rather liked the first Devil Survivor. Character design was all over the place in that series though, what with Yuzu's gravity boobs in 1 and EVERYONES gravity boobs in 2, was hilariously overdone. 1 just always felt better than 2 to me in any case.

Mhmm, I really didn't like the art. They're amongst the ugliest characters I've seen in a game.

Mhmm, I really didn't like the art. They're amongst the ugliest characters I've seen in a game.

True, still kind of enjoyed the characters in 1 anyway for some reason. If there was anything that I liked devil survivor 2 over one, it would be the sheer amount of dumb dialog choices the mc got. This guy has some of the dumbest dialog choices I've seen in a game in a long while.

Dantis

True, still kind of enjoyed the characters in 1 anyway for some reason. If there was anything that I liked devil survivor 2 over one, it would be the sheer amount of dumb dialog choices the mc got. This guy has some of the dumbest dialog choices I've seen in a game in a long while.

Mhmm, from what I played, the characters were a bit genero-anime stock, but they were well written. The parts I enjoyed the most were when they were just talking at the end of each day. It was neat.

Mhmm, from what I played, the characters were a bit genero-anime stock, but they were well written. The parts I enjoyed the most were when they were just talking at the end of each day. It was neat.

Yea that was one of my favorite parts. I also really loved the atmosphere of just being lowly survivors stuggling to do even that. You don't really get that in Devil Survivor 2 because very early on you already join the group with the biggest chance of survival and yep.

Newegg...really? Still in packaging. I may just have to cancel this, but my concerm is going to be where can I get it then. BB wouldn't even let me preorder it.

Guess it's too late to cancel, and it looks like BB does have it. Any chance I can pick it up from BB then return my Newegg copy to BB when I get it? Is that wrong?

gwarm01

Son a bitch, Amazon. You still haven't shipped my order? Don't you know my Vita has been waiting since launch for a proper game to play?

Posting this half-asleep but:

WHY AMAZON WHY?! You're delaying my Solid Gold edition until December 19th?! WHY WHY WHY?!

...now that I got that off my chest, I'm gonna try to snag a copy at GS during my lunch break.

WHY AMAZON WHY?! You're delaying my Solid Gold edition until December 19th?! WHY WHY WHY?!

...now that I got that off my chest, I'm gonna try to snag a copy at GS during my lunch break.

That's...really lame :(. Hope you are able to pick a copy up today.

jaxword

...Huh.

I mean, I'll probably never go back to it, but I wish I'd known that when I was actually playing the game.

You may want to reconsider this. The story gets pretty interesting when it reaches the end days and people start to break down and panic.

I got this same e-mail about it being delayed until Dec 19th and just checked here to see if I was the only one. Did anyone who ordered the Solid Gold edition get it shipped yet? Are they all delayed?

I ordered my copy from amazon about an hour after the pre-orders went up.

Volcynika

I got this same e-mail about it being delayed until Dec 19th and just checked here to see if I was the only one. Did anyone who ordered the Solid Gold edition get it shipped yet? Are they all delayed?

I ordered my copy from amazon about an hour after the pre-orders went up.

Mine shipped yesterday and will arrive today.

I am off of work this week, and I am going to play Persona 3 Portable while I wait for the store to update today.

Let's pray that GCT arrives early tonight.

eM3WR.jpg

This will be my first time playing Persona 4, even though I listen to the soundtrack usually a few times a week. Hearing those tracks in the game should be amazing.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Got the game. But I decided to complete FFXII and FFX-2 first before starting.

Koroviev

To be completely illogical and pick this up on my lunch break, or to be a reasonable adult and wait until after work, that is the question (._. )

cjkeats

To be completely illogical and pick this up on my lunch break, or to be a reasonable adult and wait until after work, that is the question (._. )

Pick it up at lunch, prop it up somewhere you can see it while you work, see how long you can last until "boss, I'm not feeling too well"

Actually, depending on the afternoon traffic, it's probably best to pick this up during or a bit before your lunch (assuming noon) to save time. My secretary does this a lot so I'm in the know.

Koroviev

Pick it up at lunch, prop it up somewhere you can see it while you work, see how long you can last until "boss, I'm not feeling too well"

My boss is on vacation this week, so it would just be me and Persona 4 staring lovingly at one another for three+ hours.

Actually, depending on the afternoon traffic, it's probably best to pick this up during or a bit before your lunch (assuming noon) to save time. My secretary does this a lot so I'm in the know.

Probably would be true if I hadn't preordered it at the GameStop across town from where I work (i.e., the one down the street from where I live) :(

Salaadin

I was worried about my order since I didnt get a shipment notification. Amazon emailed me at 2:43am to tell me it shipped. Estimated delivery is still today! Phew!

Newegg...really? Still in packaging. I may just have to cancel this, but my concerm is going to be where can I get it then. BB wouldn't even let me preorder it.

Guess it's too late to cancel, and it looks like BB does have it. Any chance I can pick it up from BB then return my Newegg copy to BB when I get it? Is that wrong?

Id call them and see if they let you cancel. If they dont, buy it elsewhere and then return neweggs copy to newegg once you get it.

Venfayth

Hopefully this should arrive at my house while I'm working so I can pick it up before lunch. If that does not happen I will be >extremely< sad.

Astra

Woke up and immediately did a search for Persona 4.

Disappointment resulted!

Same. Damn you Purolator! Better not wait until the end of the day to deliver like yesterday. I have to go out in a couple of hours for half an hour or so. With my luck, that is when the delivery will come.

btkadams

Son a bitch, Amazon. You still haven't shipped my order? Don't you know my Vita has been waiting since launch for a proper game to play?

mine hasn't shipped either! i'm getting really annoyed with amazon.ca. i still haven't even received paper mario 3ds and i preordered it...

When you asked for a midnight launch and I killed your dreams, I was only kidding :(

I'm eating toast and watching 30 Days of Night.

I should be eating toast, watching 30 Days of Night, and playing Persona 4.

And it's all your fault!

=(

I also have a bit of a sore throat, and I'm going to blame that on you, too. If only for the convenience of having all my ire directed in one place.

Salaadin

Copy just arrived. Its my first Persona game ever so I rubbed it on my crotch. Felt good. 10/10.

But seriously. This is exciting. Some of you seem to really love this game. I hope I do too!

Top Bottom