• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Young Magus

GhWoq.jpg

Eh....I'll still buy it

Derrick01

Banned
Where can I mail in those prize stickers? I have 6 now and have no idea where to go. Also with the character skills you can level, can you fill out each section of the pentagon or does it stop at the section right before the top? For example I just hit professor rank in Knowledge.

Jintor

i'm at glass cannon status, if i don't annihilate them first turn chances are they'll agilao or mabufu and hit someone and then ruin my day

and getting, like, 50xp p/battle :/

Noi

i'm at glass cannon status, if i don't annihilate them first turn chances are they'll agilao or mabufu and hit someone and then ruin my day

and getting, like, 50xp p/battle :/

You've grown weak due to P4G's baby difficulties. Be a man.

Jintor

If I had a button that had "Finish this fucking dungeon for me so i can get back to social linking", I would press that button

Gameplay in RPGs for me is this annoying thing in between talking to npcs

Still undecided in which version of Persona 3 I want to play.
I love using my Vita, and I do travel a fair bit. Yet, I don't want to miss the animation.. Could the PSP really not handle the animated sequences?

Sophia

Still undecided in which version of Persona 3 I want to play.
I love using my Vita, and I do travel a fair bit. Yet, I don't want to miss the animation.. Could the PSP really not handle the animated sequences?

It's not a matter of if it could handle it. It's a matter of the fact that the UMD has awful speeds and about one third of the space of a PS2 disc. :p

The UMD is probably going to haunt Sony forever. >_>;

It's not a matter of if it could handle it. It's a matter of the fact that the UMD has awful speeds and about one third of the space of a PS2 disc. :p

The UMD is probably going to haunt Sony forever. >_>;

Ah, that makes more sense.
Explains those godawful UMD movies they kept throwing out.

Sophia

Up to floor 35. Protag level 11 or 12 or something.

You're three to four levels behind the recommended for the Floor 36 boss.

Also I hope you kept the Candezas that Mitsuru gave you at the start. Those things are a huge help for the upcoming bosses.

If I had a button that had "Finish this fucking dungeon for me so i can get back to social linking", I would press that button

Gameplay in RPGs for me is this annoying thing in between talking to npcs

But slinking was an unfleshed out, boring system in P3 that really was only telling people what they wanted to hear and only services the combat through Persona exp!

Lombax

Banned
Morning All,
Anyone have tips for beating
Shadow Teddi
? I got him down to about 10% HP last night but then he just murdered my party with an ice spell.

Thanks.

Lusankya

Morning All,
Shadow Teddi
? I got him down to about 10% HP last night but then he just murdered my party with an ice spell.

Thanks.

He uses a set pattern, memorize it.
I think he either casts Mind Charge or Marakunda (def down for whole party) before he uses his ice spell. So when he does so just guard for a whole turn.

Sophia

Morning All,
Shadow Teddi

Thanks.

Make sure you guard whenever you see Mind Charge. Ideally you want a Jack Frost or King Frost for your protagonist. Either as a primary option, or at least to guard against Mind Charge. Nihil Hand comes after two rounds of Ultra Charge, so you've got one round to heal up and do whatever, and one round to Guard against it.

Yukiko is actually a pretty viable choice for this fight, and my preferred party is the Protagonist, Yosuke, her, and Kanji. Just make sure she's guards, and perhaps an accessory to reduce damage from ice.

He uses a set pattern, memorize it.
I think he either casts Mind Charge or Marakunda (def down for whole party) before he uses his ice spell. So when he does so just guard for a whole turn.

It's not a completely set pattern. However he WILL use Mabufula after a Mind Charge, so that's something to keep in mind. If the Protagonist is using King Frost, he can heal everyone up or keep the damage going during this, because Mabufula will heal him.

Lombax

Banned
Make sure you guard whenever you see Mind Charge. Ideally you want a Jack Frost or King Frost for your protagonist. Either as a primary option, or at least to guard against Mind Charge. Nihil Hand comes after two rounds of Ultra Charge, so you've got one round to heal up and do whatever, and one round to Guard against it.

Yukiko is actually a pretty viable choice for this fight, and my preferred party is the Protagonist, Yosuke, her, and Kanji. Just make sure she's guards, and perhaps an accessory to reduce damage from ice.

It's not a completely set pattern. However he WILL use Mabufula after a Mind Charge, so that's something to keep in mind. If the Protagonist is using King Frost, he can heal everyone up or keep the damage going during this, because Mabufula will heal him.

Thank you for the help

Curufinwe

Where can I mail in those prize stickers? I have 6 now and have no idea where to go. Also with the character skills you can level, can you fill out each section of the pentagon or does it stop at the section right before the top? For example I just hit professor rank in Knowledge.

You need to fill them out completely. The final max rank in my current P4G playthru was Diligence, which I got to Rock Solid in December.

Knowledge:
Aware, Informed, Expert, Professor, Sage

Courage:
Average, Reliable, Brave, Daring, Heroic

Expression:
Rough, Eloquent, Persuasive, Touching, Enthralling

Diligence:
Callow, Persistent, Strong, Persuasive, Rock Solid

Understanding:
Basic, Kindly, Generous, Motherly, Saintly

Miker

You need to fill them out completely. The final max rank in my current P4G playthru was Diligence, which I got to Rock Solid in December.

Knowledge:

Courage:

Expression:

Diligence:

Understanding:

It takes a long-ass time for that final tick in each of the categories. I think I also hit Diligence last, and I maxed out my Courage and Knowledge earlier due to wanting to open up the Moon s. link earlier and do well on exams, respectively.

Derrick01

Banned
Morning All,
Shadow Teddi

Thanks.

I almost got wiped out a few times during that fight since my healer (yukiko) is fire based. Ironically right after that fight I got that move unlocked for her where she gains 3x ice evasion :\

Knowledge:

Courage:

Expression:

Diligence:

Understanding:

Alright thanks. Because it was taking so long with the knowledge I wasn't sure if there was another rank after the 4th. I've got that and courage up to 4 and everything else at 3 and I just entered august so I feel like I'm doing good there. I'm going to focus on those more since I was told they transfer to NG+, whereas social links don't.

It takes a long-ass time for that final tick in each of the categories. I think I also hit Diligence last, and I maxed out my Courage and Knowledge earlier due to wanting to open up the Moon s. link earlier and do well on exams, respectively.

Yeah I've been stuck at professor rank on knowledge for a looooong time now despite many times of studying with all of the bonuses (rain, extra books, etc).

Curufinwe

Alright thanks. Because it was taking so long with the knowledge I wasn't sure if there was another rank after the 4th. I've got that and courage up to 4 and everything else at 3 and I just entered august so I feel like I'm doing good there. I'm going to focus on those more since I was told they transfer to NG+, whereas social links don't.

There are two particular S.Links which require certain levels of Expression or Understanding to advance and it's worth focusing on those attributes till those S.Links become available again.

Knowledge is probably the easiest stat to max out.

Curufinwe

December spoiler question...

What is the last day to do the Magatsu Inaba dungeon and still get the Xmas event? The 21st or the 22nd?

The CD isn't the full concert, unfortunately, it's just a few tracks.

Better than nothing though, I 'spose.

Yeah I know, but agreed, it's better than having nothing. I'll end up buying the JP P3 soundtracks next time.

But mostly did want the concert bd, as watching it on YT was painful...

Dantis

Yeah I know, but agreed, it's better than having nothing. I'll end up buying the JP P3 soundtracks next time.

But mostly did want the concert bd, as watching it on YT was painful...

The P3 soundtrack is great.

Have you got the Reincarnation albums? They're superb. So is the Persona Music Live Band album.

Tamanon

Banned
That reminds me, Yu Nurukami's nickname for Naoto in one of the episodes was a bit weird.

Funbags

In addition, say what you will about the quality of some episodes of the anime, but the Super Late Game spoilers
Adachi fight
is amazingly badass.

Top Bottom