• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

That reminds me, Yu Nurukami's nickname for Naoto in one of the episodes was a bit weird.

Funbags

Not really weird as in House, House refers to Cuddy's with the same nickname. :p

Speaking of the parody, I loved this comic by the same artist too:

CAE9FE48-F937-44A8-B0E0-190C1FD2546F-4354-0000028C033265BA_zps26e9c74b.jpg

I ran out of battery on my Vita while fighting
Ameno-sagiri
. And of course I didn't save before I started those fights...

Too tired to finish now, have to wait all day to see what happens.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
this is one of the best threads in existence (the intro post just made me cry from happiness.)

I played persona 3 portable and cried over the female route (most sadistic thing ever.) Finished Persona 4 Golden recently :D I logged in 64 hours and 55 minutes. I'm playing it again with all the items and stuff i got from my first playthrough. Cannot wait to play Arena! and then...persona 5......

Jintor

PersonaGAF you were right but not right

I intensely feel there is something missing from the P3P experience due to the lack of animations

however, because I am an idiot, I am still going to play it twice (boy/girl) and then play FES

So I'm still relatively early in this game, getting a feel for the new stuff. Is there any downsides to SOSing constantly? Does it do anything besides adding a couple hp and sp?

Jintor

No, but it is dumb because you have to sit still while it's SoSing and it doesn't let you just passively help dudes so it's a goddamn wasteland connecting from .AU in my timezone

johnsmith

remember me
Oh man. So I am level 9 Moon, ready to finish it off and max out all the slinks in my first run, I head to the 1st floor of the school. AND ITS RAINING! The very last day she should be available before the final tests, a Friday, and I'm screwed because of the weather.

Thank god I had a save a few days earlier, but I panic, I already pulled a great shrine fortune, and it wasn't enough to level up on Thursday, and I had to spend time without ranking up. Check the Fridge, I can make lunch! Thank you based Nanako. The lunch is enough to rank me up on Thursday. Game saved! I would have felt like smashing my vita if I had been 1 day short of maxing all the s links.

I've been coming across plenty of people in Yukiko's castle, but it's stalling the battles so much I think I'm done using it. Shame too, it's cool in theory.

Jintor

They should leave the receiving feature on at all times and make the SoS ping not stop you. Of course, the game is pretty easy as is...

Persona 5 Dark Souls edition plz

CUD

Banned
I just constantly SOS lol, doesn't really bother me.

I've just got a couple of questions:

What ways can you increase your courage? The ones I know of are reading some books, eating that Mega Beef Bowl at Aiya and I think there was another way that I used but I cannot recall it right now. I hate coming across dialog options that I can't use because I don't have enough courage.

Can you return to the previous dungeons? I just defeated Kanji's shadow but there are some quests that seem to require returning to previous dungeons, I would assume you can return but when and how? Teddie only offers to take me to the Steamy Bath house that Kanji was in.

Dresden

I just constantly SOS lol, doesn't really bother me.

I've just got a couple of questions:

What ways can you increase your courage? The ones I know of are reading some books, eating that Mega Beef Bowl at Aiya and I think there was another way that I used but I cannot recall it right now. I hate coming across dialog options that I can't use because I don't have enough courage.

Can you return to the previous dungeons? I just defeated Kanji's shadow but there are some quests that seem to require returning to previous dungeons, I would assume you can return but when and how? Teddie only offers to take me to the Steamy Bath house that Kanji was in.

1. reading books, working at the hospital, beef bowl, taking scooter rides, beating new jrbosses in old dungeons, etc. There's a lot; easiest parameter to raise.

2. Yes. Just talk to different members.

Jintor

Okay, I'm at 7/11 in P3P. Think it's okay for me to put it down and just go play FES instead?

I mean, I'll be coming back to P3P for FemC anyway, so I may as well get the best experience first time through... and make up for the VN stuff I've sat through so far. Which was okay. But we just started getting into twist territory and I think shit is going to be enhanced with animation.

Shinypogs

Failed a boss fight for the the first time during my 70 + hour run thus far. Ran out of sp and healing items :( I feel like such a failure for letting the team down but we fought to the bitter end.
Do I just need to buy a ton of healing items to beat the giant eyeball fog bastard? I had him down to 1/4 health by the end but then I was out of sp and items and he destroyed us.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
For Black Frost I need Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, King Frost, Pixie and a Ghoul right? Is there anything I have to pay attention to achieve the best possible result (Skills?)?

Aiii

So not worth it
Failed a boss fight for the the first time during my 70 + hour run thus far. Ran out of sp and healing items :( I feel like such a failure for letting the team down but we fought to the bitter end.
Do I just need to buy a ton of healing items to beat the giant eyeball fog bastard? I had him down to 1/4 health by the end but then I was out of sp and items and he destroyed us.

That's what Rise's Max Social Link is for.
Free SP, free healing, saviour from death blows, attack and defense buffs, etc, yay
! So overpowered.

Guys, convince me to play P3P. I finished Fes some years ago and I loved it, but I´m intrigued about the FMC. I know somethings like the party social links like P4, but whata bout new things in the story?
I read that Shinji doesn´t die, but what more is there? The end is different?

Got through
Adachi's fight
without my Vita battery dying this morning. Did the New Year's shrine thing with Rise, and now I feel really bad about cheating (picked the impure fortune)...

Not looking forward to Valentine's Day.

Trigger

Guys, convince me to play P3P. I finished Fes some years ago and I loved it, but I´m intrigued about the FMC. I know somethings like the party social links like P4, but whata bout new things in the story?
I read that Shinji doesn´t die, but what more is there? The end is different?

Shinji doesn't die, but the story proceeds the same (with a few story details flipped for gender) and there's a P4 cameo. FeMC gets the most new story content because her magician, justice, star, strength, and hermit social links are new additions.

Shinji doesn't die, but the story proceeds the same (with a few story details flipped for gender) and there's a P4 cameo. FeMC gets the most new story content because her magician, justice, star, strength, and hermit social links are new additions.

Also,
she doesn´t die?

Guys I need your halo.

Lv 74 Trumpeter

Debilitate Elec Amp Next Lv 74
Maziodyne Null Fire Heat Riser
Megidolaon Null Wind
Mind Charge Null Physical

I NEED YER HALP

Sophia

Dump Elec Amp unless you really care about the damage increase from Maziodyne (and given it's a Ma- spell, you probably don't)

Sophia

I don't have any non Ma spells really, as the magician turns all single into Ma's

I don't always select the Magician for that reason unless I have nothing to lose (Megidola to Megidolan) or have a backup Persona with the single target spells. The Ma's are too costly if it happens on your boss killer.

In all honesty you could probably get rid of Null Fire/Null Wind too unless you're gonna fight the optional boss with that Persona. How many bosses have Fire/Wind abilities at that point in the game? :p

I don't always select the Magician for that reason unless I have nothing to lose (Megidola to Megidolan) or have a backup Persona with the single target spells. The Ma's are too costly if it happens on your boss killer.

In all honest you could probably get rid of Null Fire/Null Wind too unless you're gonna fight the optional boss with that Personae (and again, seeing as how you have a Ma spell on there...)

But the whole point of this trumpeter is that it nulls everything :(

Single spell does more damage than Ma's right?

Sophia

But the whole point of this trumpeter is that it nulls everything :(

Single spell does more damage than Ma's right?

Well you can't have both, so make up your mind! >_>

And no, I don't believe they do. Ma spells are just more SP inefficient unless you hit 3+ targets.

Well you can't have both, so make up your mind! >_>

And no, I don't believe they do. Ma spells are just more SP inefficient unless you hit 3+ targets.

Oh then I don't care. I am almost never not without Sp, and when I am, my SP regen peraona can fill it back up in like 3/4/5 battles or so. Either Elec Amp or Mind Charge....

Moonlight

Banned
IMO, I'd dump Elec Amp. Mind Charge is too useful a boost to ignore. The 50% boost you get off Amps are cool, but more of your skills benefit from Mind Charge and it'll come in handier when you're up against someone like
Margaret

IMO, I'd dump Elec Amp. Mind Charge is too useful a boost to ignore. The 50% boost you get off Amps are cool, but more of your skills benefit from Mind Charge and it'll come in handier when you're up against someone like Margaret.

I shall dump it. This is a first playthrough, so for someone like Margaret, I shall make Persona's specifically for that task.

Cornbread78

IMO, I'd dump Elec Amp. Mind Charge is too useful a boost to ignore. The 50% boost you get off Amps are cool, but more of your skills benefit from Mind Charge and it'll come in handier when you're up against someone like Margaret.

$hit, I have to fight her in the game? I'm only in the 3rd dungeon.... Thanks for the spoiler there,.... dammit need to keep playing more

Moonlight

Banned
Oh, don't worry - she's an optional boss. IIRC, she's not even available to fight on your first playthrough.

Sorry about that, anyways.

Top Bottom