• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Omikaru

Yukari's great. Definitely my romance choice in P3. Never liked Mitsuru, and can't stand Fuuka's voice so I was never interested in her. Blimey, I'm superficial.

But really, Yukari was great. Though she has nothing on Chie, Rise or Yukiko in P4.

FluxWaveZ

It's a spoiler, bro.

Alright, well I made sure to spoiler tag it appropriately. If anyone saw it before, well, there's a lot more to it than I typed.

In the P3 art book, it states that "In the end, Yukari turned out to be the most "real" of all the female characters, which made it that much easier to relate to her [Soejima]." It's similar to what people are saying when they say they like her.

Trigger

but Yukari IS the best girl, hell, maybe character of Persona 3

But Aigis D:
images

Trigger

I thought she had a rough introduction, but next to Shinji and Yukari she was one of the few characters with an interesting storyline. I'll leave it at that in the interest of not further spoiling the plot.

Trigger

Fuuka is just sorta there in P3. I didn't find her grating, but she's boring in a game when you have Misturu, Yukari, and a robot.

Jintor

Uhhhh i wanna draw more but my arm hurts like shit

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

note to self stop letting abilities change into complete shit

I started P3P. I am not sure if how much I miss the animations. It does feel that some scenes are missing something for full understanding. The cutscenes I am watching separately so I don't miss them so far.

Damn, I really can't decide which I want to play. I feel having to travel manually in FES could be very annoying. I feel missing the animated scenes might be somewhat annoying. I like the female MC a lot so far - cheerful MC in rpgs are too rare.

Forgetting everything else about FES vs P3P - how much better is the female MC compared to the male one?

Trigger

I started P3P. I am not sure if how much I miss the animations. It does feel that some scenes are missing something for full understanding. The cutscenes I am watching separately so I don't miss them so far.

Damn, I really can't decide which I want to play. I feel having to travel manually in FES could be very annoying. I feel missing the animated scenes might be somewhat annoying. I like the female MC a lot so far - cheerful MC in rpgs are too rare.

Forgetting everything else about FES vs P3P - how much better is the female MC compared to the male one?

Much better. FeMC can hangout with all SEES members whereas the MC can't initiate a social link with Akihiko, Ken, and Junpei. That's important since P4 never bars you from befriending your favorite characters. You can always youtube the animated scenes as you play the game. I think P3P is mechanically the better entry in the P3 bonanza. I'm not sure I could actually stand replaying FES. The only thing I missed in P3 was choosing weapons. I wanted to be a boxing FeMC. ;_;

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Much better. FeMC can hangout with all SEES members whereas the MC can't initiate a social link with Akihiko, Ken, and Junpei. That's important since P4 never bars you from befriending your favorite characters. You can always youtube the animated scenes as you play the game. I think P3P is mechanically the better entry in the P3 bonanza. I'm not sure I could actually stand replaying FES. The only thing I missed in P3 was choosing weapons. I wanted to be a boxing FeMC. ;_;

I was quite alright with smashing shadows with hockey sticks.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yukari's great. Definitely my romance choice in P3. Never liked Mitsuru, and can't stand Fuuka's voice so I was never interested in her. Blimey, I'm superficial.

But really, Yukari was great. Though she has nothing on Chie, Rise or Yukiko in P4.

Wuh.

I give you Yukiko (since I am a Yukiko fanboy) but Chie/Rise are definitely beneath Yukari.

That girl's great. Her strength and her resolve to overcome her problems was one of my most favorite highlights in P3 and The Answer. Her personal burdens and grief were wayyyyyy beyond anything that Rise/Chie had to overcome (well... Yukiko too but she's Yukiko and she's awesome.)

Jintor

I wish her s.link wasn't locked behind four months of progress and a full charm barrier

anyway i got bored and freaking australia was on fire today so I drew this to cool down

tumblr_mgth0bVpbR1rnx5rho1_500.jpg

Jintor

Reached 7/10 in P3FES. Non spoilery thoughts: Junpei is like douche-tier Yosuke, exacerbated because you can't s.link with him with a male MC. All the social links are pretty much 'say what they would like' and generally speaking aren't as well written as P4's, but they're still alright. Interested in the main story arc, but it's a lot (case-to-case) weaker than P4's... for obvious reasons.

Surprised at the lack of shadow-selves...

Mysterious thin guy sure looks a lot like Chairman

Maxing 3 social attributes is a lot easier than 5, even if they have six levels.

Music is baller.

also my own picture is disturbing me the more I look at it, i fucked something up hardcore

Man New Game Plus is so broken, even on VH. I'm already LV40 and just started Void Quest. Now granted I removed the silly XP and money limiters so idk. /shrugs

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man New Game Plus is so broken, even on VH. I'm already LV40 and just started Void Quest. Now granted I removed the silly XP and money limiters so idk. /shrugs

It's fun though. Bum rushing through the game getting mad XP and monies.

I gotta work on starting my third playthrough so I can get that stupid book trophy for the platinum.

Moonlight

Banned
For Hardcore Risette Fan, does your level relative to the Shadows you're up against really affect your chances of getting the Trophy? I kinda just wanna crank up the EXP and yen modifiers to make going through each dungeon with a different mix of party members a bit easier but I'm not sure if I'm gonna screw myself out of the trophy by doing so.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
For Hardcore Risette Fan, does your level relative to the Shadows you're up against really affect your chances of getting the Trophy? I kinda just wanna crank up the EXP and yen modifiers to make going through each dungeon with a different mix of party members a bit easier but I'm not sure if I'm gonna screw myself out of the trophy by doing so.

I'm pretty sure it does.

Rise will say things like the enemy is weaker/stronger than your party. Setting the xp multiplier might screw it up, the money won't though. Keep scanning enemies, even if you've scanned them before. I think leveling up her SL helps too, because she'll tell you what the enemies are weak to and scan enemies during battle as well. Which I think counts towards it.

Top Bottom