• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

Can't... stop... drawing

tumblr_mguzy157qU1rnx5rho1_r1_500.jpg

Mr. Fix

So a friend let me borrow his Vita. I'll be able to join PersonaGAF soon! For my first playthrough, I'm more concerned about missing any costumes. Are there any I should watch out for? I'm assuming I can buy the rest later on, right?

Squire

Banned
So a friend let me borrow his Vita. I'll be able to join PersonaGAF soon! For my first playthrough, I'm more concerned about missing any costumes. Are there any I should watch out for? I'm assuming I can buy the rest later on, right?

Yeah, there are costumes that go up for purchase over time, but you'll certainly need to do some things to get them all. And if you want them all - multiple playthroughs are required.

CrovaxPSO

Start early on the ones you can get from Fox inside the TV. I thought I was on track to get all the costumes in my first playthrough, but ended up missing one from him because I didn't know for most of the game you could get some from him and ran out of time.

Omikaru

Super jealous of all you artists here. I have the artistic talent of a turnip. :(

we.are.the.armada, Erin Fitzgerald (Chie VA) shared your piece on Facebook (fully credited, I thought I recognised the credit from GAF), by the way.

Quick questions : I'm at endgame, and is there a way to farm money easily ? The Reaper only gives 12 yen lol.
Also about NG+ : Is it possible to max out all the S links AND read all the books ? Thanks !

Omikaru

Quick questions : I'm at endgame, and is there a way to farm money easily ? The Reaper only gives 12 yen lol.
Also about NG+ : Is it possible to max out all the S links AND read all the books ? Thanks !

1. Grinding gets you money, and beating the golden hands nets you a lot. Easy way to beat the wealth hands is by using Mind Charge + Megidolaon. Naoto should have both skills, but it's relatively easy for you to get them on MC too, even if you need to keep switching between two Personas to get it.

2. Yes, you can max out every arcana and read all the books. Technically it's not possible to max every S.Link, mind since you have to choose between Basketball & Soccer, and Drama & Music, which have their own unique S.Link that occupy the same arcana, but that aside there's enough time for you to do everything that's possible in one playthrough.

Omikaru

Besides the fact that Atlus doesn't want to sell these games for sub-$15, there's no actual reason why Persona games couldn't be viable on tablets. The control interface isn't complex enough that it'd be prohibitive or less fun, and I actually think a touch UI in battles could speed things up a bit.

Alas, these games have big budgets so a tablet version of a brand new game is out of the question. A shame, because the more people who get to enjoy this series, the better.

Finished it, clocked at 83h taking my sweet time. I was way too powerful for the last boss though lol.

The epilogue isn't much, just like the new content, but feels nice nonetheless
Chie with longer hair ! Rise's hot ! Nanako's cute ! Naoto's a girl ! Moronji's hair is black again ! lol.

The whole "Things were hectic last May" thing reffering to P4A is making me angry it still hasn't come out in Europe though.

Dantis

Finished it, clocked at 83h taking my sweet time. I was way too powerful for the last boss though lol.

The epilogue isn't much, just like the new content, but feels nice nonetheless
Chie with longer hair ! Rise's hot ! Nanako's cute ! Naoto's a girl ! Moronji's hair is black again ! lol.

The whole "Things were hectic last May" thing reffering to P4A is making me angry it still hasn't come out in Europe though.

Watch the story online and forget about it would be my advice. The story is complete shat anyway. Very fan-fiction-esque.

Dantis

Whenever Dantis is hating on P4A, I will be there, like a hawk. To say....It was a pretty good game that could be worse!

My own feelings aside, I really do think that watching the story online is the way to go for EU players. The game is $20 in the US, so when it comes out here (In what, three to four months?) and we pay £40, we're basically getting scammed. Not to mention the online will be even deader then than it is now (And common opinion is that it's really fucking dead), and the story is a visual novel, with only a handful of fights, none of which are only slightly challenging.

There is no reason for anyone from the EU to pick it up. Unless they don't have access to Youtube and absolute have to see the story.

Marche90

Naah, I haven't touched Golden in ages, and I'm still here. I think some of us will stick around.

Let me put this in another way: I haven't even touched Persona 4 Golden yet.

The Katawa Shoujo community still exists after a year, so I wouldn't be too worried about Persona-Gaf leaving anytime soon.
Also... I am still way too shocked about this. It was decent and free, but move on people... Dx (well, whatever helps the medium, I guess)

And also, I am jealous. I want to be able to draw like some of you

My own feelings aside, I really do think that watching the story online is the way to go for EU players. The game is $20 in the US, so when it comes out here (In what, three to four months?) and we pay £40, we're basically getting scammed. Not to mention the online will be even deader then than it is now (And common opinion is that it's really fucking dead), and the story is a visual novel, with only a handful of fights, none of which are only slightly challenging.

There is no reason for anyone from the EU to pick it up. Unless they don't have access to Youtube and absolute have to see the story.

well yes, Eu players got turbo screwed, I would probably buy the game used too or not at all. Only if I also liked fighting games. If you don't like fighting games, you could try to youtube it or something. I wish I could say the story mode was stellar, but its only good. (yes Dantis, good) Blazblue has better story modes, as weird as that is. More fights happen there, and branching paths, a (how this happened I have no idea) more coherent story since most of the paths fit together. Also some fights could be a challenge in that.

Noi

P4A EU is a tricky thing. On one hand, EU players are perfectly justified in not picking up the game as a result of the catastrophe that's been that game's release.

...On the other hand, EU players not buying the game means that the status quo will remain as is, with EU players getting the shaft every time Atlus release something. :/

Jintor, you got skill man, I'm working on something right now, inspired by your basketball art.

Also, oh my god buddha, how could we forget :)

P4A EU is a tricky thing. On one hand, EU players are perfectly justified in not picking up the game as a result of the catastrophe that's been that game's release.

...On the other hand, EU players not buying the game means that the status quo will remain as is, with EU players getting the shaft every time Atlus release something. :/

At the least, selling it in EU at a good, low price would be nice.

I'm in the Heaven dungeon, my MC is level 76, and I want to know what special Persona I should be after. Kohryu, Kaguya, and Odin all look promising (Thor and Seth are the two best I have right now). Also, I've maxed magician, priestess, emperor, hierophant, justice, strength, sun, and aeon.

I'm in the Heaven dungeon, my MC is level 76, and I want to know what special Persona I should be after. Kohryu, Kaguya, and Odin all look promising (Thor and Seth are the two best I have right now). Also, I've maxed magician, priestess, emperor, hierophant, justice, strength, sun, and aeon.

Kohryu is great from that point on, such good variety and power.

Dantis

So, wondered how much drawing I could do in an hour. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself! (I do)

Unlike my Naoto pic, no story behind why I drew this, I just think Chie has a great design.

EDIT: Wow, bottom of the page.

Bad time to post. :/

So, wondered how much drawing I could do in an hour. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself! (I do)

Unlike my Naoto pic, no story behind why I drew this, I just think Chie has a great design.

EDIT: Wow, bottom of the page.

Bad time to post. :/

She seems confident in her ability to slam and jam.

Top Bottom