• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No. I just forgot about Yukiko. Healers never get the appreciation they deserve and now I'm part of the problem.

I recommend ditching Chie and just get Teddie/Kanji (I recommend Teddie for his Marakunda/Matarukaja combo) man. I always consider Chie to be a subpar party member since everything she does good someone else does better (except maybe for Agneyastra but that move is largely useless especially against a boss anyways)

bender

What time is it?
I recommend ditching Chie and just get Teddie/Kanji (I recommend Teddie for his Marakunda/Matarukaja combo) man. I always consider Chie to be a subpar party member since everything she does good someone else does better (except maybe for Agneyastra but that move is largely useless especially against a boss anyways)

Teddie and Kanji are so annoying though! I just use her because of her potential bonus attack with Yukiko when you gang up on a downed enemy. Plus I'm pretty horrible at this game...all games.

Thanks for the dungeon, persona and party advice! I'm probably just a little burnt out right now and the dungeon crawling is the low point in the game for me. I'll stop being a crotchety bastard now.

Edit: Holy shit, Teddie is level 36. I need a drink.

Trigger

Teddi and Kanji are so annoying though! I just use her because of her potential bonus attack with Yukiko when you gang up on a downed enemy. Plus I'm pretty horrible at this game...all games.

Thanks for the dungeon, persona and party advice! I'm probably just a little burnt out right now and the dungeon crawling is the low point in the game for me. I'll stop being a crotchety bastard now.

Teddi and Kanji are so annoying though!

igZfjn34kUCFI.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Teddi and Kanji are so annoying though! I just use her because of her potential bonus attack with Yukiko when you gang up on a downed enemy. Plus I'm pretty horrible at this game...all games.

Edit: Holy shit, Teddie is level 36. I need a drink.

Just snub Yosuke in. Anyone's better than Chie (sorry Chie fans but it's true :p)

Get trumpeteer too for his Debilitate. You don't need to level him up anymore since it's already there when he's fused IIRC.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Kenji, one day I will teach you to be as alpha as I am.

But you have to get better hair first.

stonecoldattacksowenz3kfk.gif

BAH GAWD BAH GAWD STONE COLD STONE COLD STONE COLD

And who the hell is Kenji?

Just snub Yosuke in. Anyone's better than Chie (sorry Chie fans but it's true :p)

Get trumpeteer too for his Debilitate. You don't need to level him up anymore since it's already there when he's fused IIRC.

Chie gets two of the strongest physical attacks in the game, God's Hand is the single most damaging attack. :p

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Chie gets two of the strongest physical attacks in the game, God's Hand is the single most damaging attack. :p

Agneyastra is useless and too HP-consuming for what it does for a boss fight and power-charged Primal Force is just as effective as power-charged God's Hand I say. Her lack of ability to upgrade party members/lower enemies stats is a huge no-no for me, especially considering that Hassou Tobi is already the best physical attack in the game anyways and it's locked to the MC.

And no, I don't consider her ultimate party-upgrade skill in Dragon's Hustle is worth it since it requires a staggering 160 MP to pull off (IIRC) and that half-MP accessory is better placed on Yukiko or Teddie or the MC anyways.

Dresden

Nope.

8 | God's Hand || COST / 22%| HITS / 1 ||
| | || PWR /1600 | AIL / - ||
| | || ACC / 90 | AIL% / - ||
| | || CRIT / 15 | STUN / 30 ||

|-----|-----------------||-------------------------||-------------------------|

| 8 | Primal Force || COST / 20%| HITS / 1 ||
| | || PWR /2200 | AIL / - |
| | || ACC / 90 | AIL% / - |
| | || CRIT / 25 | STUN / 15 ||

Agneyastra is pretty bad, too. Even a low-level skill like Blades of Fury is better. Chie's main use later is for Dragon Hustle.

Shinypogs

Ooh what's the max damage output of gods hand vs primal force? Not that I'm inclined to use chie over kanji next run but still curious.

Jintor

As a man who has social linked with

a) A fox
b) Someone over an MMO
c) A hollow bear from the TV world

President Tanaka is by far the weirdest s.link so far

I like that he really is a 'devil' though. Not like Sayako. Not that she was bad...

Trigger

As a man who has social linked with

a) A fox
b) Someone over an MMO
c) A hollow bear from the TV world

President Tanaka is by far the weirdest s.link so far

I like that he really is a 'devil' though. Not like Sayako. Not that she was bad...

It does feel like he's creeping on MC.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nope.

Agneyastra is pretty bad, too. Even a low-level skill like Blades of Fury is better. Chie's main use later is for Dragon Hustle.

Ahah, see :p

Well to be fair Chie's got Apt Pupil so she crits more than Kanji but...... meh. For doing battles she's better replaced by anyone else.

Jintor

The Maya s.link was also great, although it was pretty blatent who she was. I really enjoyed translated the chatspeak in my head though.

The Maya s.link was also great, although it was pretty blatent who she was. I really enjoyed translated the chatspeak in my head though.

A shame its not actually Maya Amano :( (Or Yumiko if you are playing the jp one, as the P2 reference was added instead of a Megami Tensei/Digital Devil Story [not Saga] reference)

Sophia

Yeah it's a pretty dead giveaway if you've played FES. The later details of the social link combined with some genre savy-ness rules everyone else out.

Sallokin

Can someone refresh my memory. Maya isn't the S.Link for the FeMC right? I vaguely remember it being a student. Definitely need to replay that game soonish.

Trigger

Can someone refresh my memory. Maya isn't the S.Link for the FeMC right? I vaguely remember it being a student. Definitely need to replay that game soonish.

Correct. Maya is Hermit for MC. FeMC gets another student. I can't remember her name tho. Saori, I think?

EDIT- Beaten hard, lol.

Squire

Banned
Okay, so the Cultural Festival scene was longer for me on this run.
I love Margaret's cameo.
I swear, anytime you put Ai in a scene with MC and another character, it's hilarious.

Nuklear

Banned
I'm 40 hours into the game and just beat the Void Quest dungeon and I think this might be the best jRPG I have ever played. It's my favorite at least which is a lot for me to say since FF VI was my old all-time favorite jRPG.

I found this live concert of the music on Youtube today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGwVvhhQNbI

It's good stuff. I love the music in this game so much too.

Jintor

what girls jealousy bullshit

Girls will get jealous of you hanging with other girls at certain s.link levels

Okay, so the Cultural Festival scene was longer for me on this run.
I love Margaret's cameo.
I swear, anytime you put Ai in a scene with MC and another character, it's hilarious.

Last run I actually hung out with yumi and I can't figure out how to replicate it. I think she needs to have most of her s-link cleared up by then, which is kinda hard if you're putting her off so you can get the books from the strength hangouts

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Girls will get jealous of you hanging with other girls at certain s.link levels

Max them out and you won't have this problem. :p Though it was funny that Yukari would get jealous that I was hanging out with a robot. I remember finishing the game with her SLink reversed haha.

In all honestly, thankfully they fixed this in P4.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best part of the Maya S Link in P3 isn't the link itself. It's how completely uninterested your character looks when he's on the computer.

Max them out and you won't have this problem. :p Though it was funny that Yukari would get jealous that I was hanging out with a robot. I remember finishing the game with her SLink reversed haha.

In all honestly, thankfully they fixed this in P4.

Yeah, I agree, but it's even better in P4G with the impact of the Valentine's Day. Unless you are a scumbag that cannot feel empathy, it's really something else :)

The best part of the Maya S Link in P3 isn't the link itself. It's how completely uninterested your character looks when he's on the computer.

Ugh, he always looks like a douche. Poor posture isn't good for a person, either.

Hey, P3P people, help me out:
If you play as FeMC, is Kenji replaced? What about the rival that meet through sports? Instead of Maya, these is another character, what is her name? Is Bebe still there?

Seattle has been covered in fog these past few days. Makes me want to replay P4G a lot! Haha.

The music that plays when the fog is in is so damn cool.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
If you play as FeMC, is Kenji replaced? What about the rival that meet through sports? Instead of Maya, these is another character, what is her name? Is Bebe still there?

Yes, Kenji is replaced with Junpei. Rival Sports guy is replaced by Akihiko and "Maya" is replaced by Saori, a new character. Bebe is still there.

CSX

Might be wrong here at a few. been a while since i played

Kenji is replaced with Junpei. The female sport rival i think is a girl exclusive to Golden. Childhood friend of Kenji so you still get to see him. Maya is the MMO one right? She is replaced with a Female route exclusive character as well. I think she was a student librarian? Bebe is still there

Edit : Just read jello's reply

Top Bottom