• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

I like that Soejima notes in the design works that Teddie's suit is actually impossible for a human to wear. In the anime he only comes up to, like, Yosuke's chest level.

Squire

Banned
I like that Soejima notes in the design works that Teddie's suit is actually impossible for a human to wear. In the anime he only comes up to, like, Yosuke's chest level.

Eh? What exactly does he mean? Man, I really need to get the design works soon.

FluxWaveZ

Eh? What exactly does he mean? Man, I really need to get the design works soon.

Soejima states this particularly in reference to his Persona, Kintoki-Douji:
Teddie is technically a costume, but due to the positioning of the arms and legs, a person wouldn't really be able to wear him. (laughs) I mentioned something about my personal rule on one of Take-Mikazuchi's pages, but both Teddie and Kintoki-Douji are exceptions to my rule, as neither is designed to fit a human inside.

I hope they release the Persona 4 Arena art book in English soon enough.

Jintor

The anatomy's jacked.

Igor just fusion accidented me a Loki! My fool social link is only at 8 or something!

Awww yeah I have megidola!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
^repeatedly confirmed fake

SwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwagSwag xD

Guys pls....PLS

No. Absolutely nothing is known about Persona 5's contents. Puppets would be the theme associated with that fan project thing.

Oooh, too bad it's not true then, hmmmm.

What buddha, you can't handle his swag? Hahaha.

I am always in the opinion that P3MC > P4MC when it comes to Swagness.

Dunno, I just really like his style better. The way he run with both his hands in his pockets are awesome.

FluxWaveZ

I've always preferred the P3MC to Yu. I liked everything about him whether it was his constant nonchalant expression, his generally aloof nature, his hands in his pockets or his headphones.

I feel that Persona 3's opening anime scene does a good job of showing how little he cares about crazy shit. As he exits the train, lights and electronics turn off all around him. The sky becomes an ominous green, the area suddenly becomes deserted, coffins appear everywhere and everything becomes stained with blood. All he does is look up for a second, sighs, shrugs and moves on. It's amazing.

Looking forward to seeing how he's depicted in the movies.

Jintor

I don't feel much of anything about the P3 MC. But I guess that's a consequence of game v anime. A lot of what I feel about Protag comes from the GB Endurance Run combined with the Anime, so...

That P5 fan project is pretty baller. What's up with that?

Also P3's animated scene direction is far better for the most part than P4's, even if the animation quality is roughly the same

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I've always preferred the P3MC to Yu. I liked everything about him whether it was his constant nonchalant expression, his generally aloof nature, his hands in his pockets or his headphones.

I feel that Persona 3's opening anime scene does a good job of showing how little he cares about crazy shit. As he exits the train, lights and electronics turn off all around him. The sky becomes an ominous green, the area suddenly becomes deserted, coffins appear everywhere and everything becomes stained with blood. All he does is look up for a second, sighs, shrugs and moves on. It's amazing.

Looking forward to seeing how he's depicted in the movies.

That's what I also really like about him; his unflappable nature even when confronted with the craziest of shit. The way he's sighing on that opening scene, the way he first summoned his Persona, the way he handled himself during the Train mission, the way he didn't even flinch during Shinjiro's first appearance... Not to mention his entirely calm face during the journey towards that last, final battle....

P4's MC is alright, but he's nowhere as close as P3's MC when it comes to coolness.

Jintor

Another minor thing they should do is that max s.link dudes still react to current events in the world. Having them be like "Our bonds are unbreakable" is great and all, but when everyone else is flipping out over something you should at least acknowledge the situation...

ckohler

I'm at the final boss. Ugh. So frustrating.

I'm level 75 and I'm fighting the true final boss, that big skeleton goddess. I can make it through her first form fine but her second form destroys me in like five moves. Not to mention I'm practically out of SP the moment the match begins. It sucks. At this point, I think the only way I can finish the game is to grind in that dungeon for several (real) days so that my characters all have more SP. All of the other bosses weren't anywhere near this hard.

wwm0nkey

I'm level 75 and I'm fighting the true final boss, that big skeleton goddess. I can make it through her first form fine but her second form destroys me in like five moves. Not to mention I'm practically out of SP the moment the match begins. It sucks. At this point, I think the only way I can finish the game is to grind in that dungeon for several (real) days so that my characters all have more SP. All of the other bosses weren't anywhere near this hard.

I maxed out Rise's social link and level so she could keep on giving the party SP and ect when needed.

Sophia

Wait. You're trying to fight the final boss at level 75 with almost no SP?

Go to the topmost floor, leave using a Goho-m, go to another dungeon where you can easily one shot enemies, and use Rise's ability that restores SP after each fight to get yourself back to full. Then go back and fight the final boss. =P

Hopefully you have Rise's social link up there, as it helps a ton in this level, and you may want to level up just to increase your SP pool given it's NOT based upon your Persona.

Jintor

I can't remember what the trick was but I remember finding that battle hell the first time through, going to fuse a few things, and coming back and completely destroying that boss.

Dehabilitate is your friend.

/edit or just YIP YAP YIP ALL YO YENS

ckohler

I maxed out Rise's social link and level so she could keep on giving the party SP and ect when needed.

Sophia said:
Go to the topmost floor, leave using a Goho-m, go to another dungeon where you can easily one shot enemies, and use Rise's ability that restores SP after each fight to get yourself back to full. Then go back and fight the final boss. =P

You can command Rise?! She always seems to do stuff automatically. (I maxed her social link).

ckohler

Do you forget about Goho-m and the Fox? o_O

I mean, it's the final final boss, so cough up the money to restore your SP.

I know about the fox. The battle has two forms. The first form drains about half my party's SP. I can't refill any once the second half begins because I don't have any SP items and you can't leave a battle to refill using the fox.

Also, even when I do have one or two SP items, they suck ass. They barely give any and the if I'm not healing every round with Yukiko that boss wipes me out.

So imagine... I have to full heal every round but I haven't got enough SP to last the battle to do this. I bought a bunch of 400HP Team heal items and was using them instead... and that helped... but I swear I wasn't making hardly a dent in that second form. The first one is pretty easy. I just spam God Hand a lot. The second form destroys me because I can barely stay alive enough to even attack.

Sophia

Keep in mind. You are ten levels below the recommended level, so that's a factor as to why you're running out of SP.

Who are you using as healers, what are their levels, and what's your primary Persona/Personae look like for your Protagonist?

ckohler

Keep in mind. You are ten levels below the recommended level, so that's a factor as to why you're running out of SP.

Who are you using as healers, what are their levels, and what's your primary Persona/Personae look like for your Protagonist?

Ten levels? Ahh, so I am under leveled. I definitely need to grind then. I only needed to grind once the entire game and I never had any trouble with bosses until now. It must have cought up with me.

All of my team are level 75-76. Yukiko is my healer and she has nothing but healing spells. She just recently got Salvation. I kinda wish I hadn't taken it though because it costs 10 more SP than Mediarahan but it's too late now. She has it. :p

Sophia

Ten levels? Ahh, so I am under leveled. I definitely need to grind then. I only needed to grind once the entire game and I never had any trouble with bosses until now. It must have cought up with me.

All of my team are level 75-76. Yukiko is my healer and she has nothing but healing spells. She just recently got Salvation. I kinda wish I hadn't taken it though because it costs 10 more SP than Mediarahan but it's too late now. She has it. :p

Do you have an SP increasing item or SP cost reduction item for Yukiko? That might make it possible at your level.

Definitely level your protagonist up a bit tho, at least to 80. Maybe power his Personae through SHuffle time, and do some of the special fusions (Trumpter, Yoshitsune, etc.) for their unique abilities.

Running out of SP is usually a sign that your strategy is inefficient, you're underleveled, or both. :p

ckohler

Do you have an SP increasing item or SP cost reduction item for Yukiko? That might make it possible at your level.

Definitely level your protagonist up a bit tho, at least to 80. Maybe power his Personae through SHuffle time, and do some of the special fusions (Trumpter, Yoshitsune, etc.) for their unique abilities.

I think she has one that restores a certain amount of SP per turn but I can kinda tell it's not enough. Like I said, I last maybe three turns with that final boss before I'm the only one left standing. I'm too weak.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ose is like the perfect argument for not over designing a character. He's just a cat man with a underwear, a cape, and some swords, and yet, he's one of my favorite Personas. He looks like a Kamen Rider bad guy. I'm pretty sure he was one.

Jintor

I wonder why none of them celebrate their birthdays? Man I remember playing harvest moon and making paper notes whenever a character would tell me when their birthdays were

The 'halves sp cost' item is invaluable for Yukiko

johnsmith

remember me
I think she has one that restores a certain amount of SP per turn but I can kinda tell it's not enough. Like I said, I last maybe three turns with that final boss before I'm the only one left standing. I'm too weak.

Go grind. You'll gain levels and get sp items. Get a mahamaon/hama boost and mamudoon/mudo boost persona (or use Naoto if you kept those skills on her) and you'll gain levels ridiculously fast. Use a mind charge + Megidoloan (Naoto also learns these) to kill gold hands.

As for the actual fight, get a Persona with Debilitate (Preferably a tri-auto Norn), and use Chie's Dragon Hustle (give her the half sp accessory so she can cast it more than once). The boss won't even touch you, and the healing you'll need will be minimal.

Sophia

I wonder why none of them celebrate their birthdays? Man I remember playing harvest moon and making paper notes whenever a character would tell me when their birthdays were

The 'halves sp cost' item is invaluable for Yukiko

Some of them overlap with story events, so they'd be hard to see in the context of the game. Case in point: Yukiko's occures on the same day you start Magatsu Inaba. Chie's would be right after Void Quest, meaning most players would miss it. Kanji's occures during the month of January that wasn't in the original game. And so forth, and so forth.

Plus Narukami doesn't have a birthday.

tEhLoNeR

Neo Member
So I finally beat the game and started NG+

First thing i did was buy one of my old personas that had niflheim, and killed
Shadow Yukiko
in around three turns

So good.

ckohler
, if you're having trouble with level grinding before the true last boss, go to magatsu mandala floor 6. Beat the shadows there, go to the floor before it, repeat.If you find a gold hand, kill it fast, they give you good exp and a lot of money. Spam almighty spells on it after you buff/debuff. Use the money on the fox for SP.

Also, it helped me a lot when I used the max SLink personas. I used Satan and Kaguya mainly for the last fight (theres more but I forgot who I used, too lazy to load the save :p). Dont forget to buff/debuff as well.

Jintor

Some of them overlap with story events, so they'd be hard to see in the context of the game. Case in point: Yukiko's occures on the same day you start Magatsu Inaba. Chie's would be right after Void Quest, meaning most players would miss it. Kanji's occures during the month of January that wasn't in the original game. And so forth, and so forth.

Plus Narukami doesn't have a birthday.

They need to plan this shit better!

Everything always seems to fit around exams, they should just shuffle stuff to fit around birthdays!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
They need to plan this shit better!

Everything always seems to fit around exams, they should just shuffle stuff to fit around birthdays!

I'd argue that they actually have planned for it; that is, to make sure that the birthdays are overlapping with important events so that they wouldn't be bothered by making special stuff for them, hah.

Anyways, what to prepare for the fight against the strongest foe? Yoshitsune with what skills?

Jintor

tumblr_mh0h0ablST1ruhjpfo1_500.png

Dantis will slay me for posting not Soejima art but I love alternate artstyle interpretations. Haha, Persona 3 as drawn by a western artist... like Transmetropolitan or something, haha. That would be nuts

CSX

What ever happened with that, anyway? It still makes absolutely no fucking sense to me how much time and effort went into that stuff -- the music, the art, the planning...it was nothing short of perfect.

i believe it was all sampled off of actual music.

EDIT : UNless this is another fan project that isnt the one from a year ago

Dantis

I've mentioned this a few times. Serious missed opportunity, in my opinion.

I really hope P5 includes birthdays.

Top Bottom