• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

johnsmith

remember me
Just put this together.
i5uVBxcsk5LHv.JPG

Junpei jumped like several tiers over the last couple of game months, god damn

If only he had an s-link in FES!

/edit wow, 12/2, this is nonsense. Pretty much exactly what I was talking about when it comes to themes that seem better in theory than in execution.

Still kind of cool though.

What a stupid infodump cutscene though. Blargh.

Lol, sudden prophecies, lol, 'sealing away' somehow, what the fuck, this is nonsense

See the problem here is that they haven't earned the crazy shit they've suddenly leapt into.
Its super dumb. I hate that part of the story.

Jintor

Oh fantastic, I switched to the wrong persona type against a boss and now I'm stuck in an endless loop of being knocked down and getting back up. He doesn't even deal enough damage to off me so Yukari just keeps healing me back up to full again.

This is the dumbest

ckohler

I just finished one of the best video games I've ever played!

95 Hours. I got the True Ending. Shed a little tear at that final shot. I think that was the longest single-narrative ( non-open world) game I've ever played and I still didn't do everything possible.

Man that game was long. It felt like I was watching two seasons of a really great television series. My only complaints would be some of the anime tropes (too much honorifics, fanservice, etc.) Still, only minor issues when compared to such endearing characters. Some of the best characters ever in a video game.

Two questions:

What is that Summer Vacation box that appears in the TV listings after you win?

Did anyone else find it uncomfortably creepy when Nanako said she wanted to marry you when she grew up? I can understand her being cute and naive as a child but then Dojima said he would allow it?! She's your cousin! Did I misunderstand that scene?

Did anyone else find it uncomfortably creepy when Nanako said she wanted to marry you when she grew up? i can understand her being cute and naive but then Dojima supported her?! She's your cousin! Did I misunderstand that scene?

hahaha, she's just a little kid and she doesn't know what she's saying. Dojima was joking around with you.

Jintor

RPG gameplay is generally just bullshit I suffer through for emotional payoff. This is just bad systems design. There's a difference between challenging and complete bullshit.

One day I'll design and make the real action RPG. Either a 2D metroidvania RPG or a fully-functional action game like Bayonetta/DMC with an RPG on top. In the meantime I'll set every fucking game to easy mode and cruise control

Jintor

FUCK YOU

FUCKING SLIVER OF FUCKING HEALTH AND THEN TRAPPED IN A FUCKING CYCLE OF ENDLESS, UNAVOIDABLE ALMIGHTY DAMAGE

FUCK YOU AND FUCK THE MOTHERFUCKING EIGHT-WINGED HORSE YOU RODE IN ON

I'm going to go throttle a chicken or something. MOTHERFUCKER. CHRIST JESUS.

Jintor

Yeah. I think I was fighting him for, like, an hour, hour and a half.

Just poked around on some guides, apparently I was five levels below recommended par :T

Dantis

Yeah. I think I was fighting him for, like, an hour, hour and a half.

Just poked around on some guides, apparently I was five levels below recommended par :T

That's a real shame. If you're a high enough level, it's a really excellent fight. The Arcana quotes are amazing.

Jintor

Seriously got all the way to the last form and fell to that piece of shit's heavy almighty damage + random status effects that stopped me from taking my turn to heal the rest of my party

it was far more fun to fight than P4's true end though, at least until it started going apeshit

Seriously got all the way to the last form and fell to that piece of shit's heavy almighty damage + random status effects that stopped me from taking my turn to heal the rest of my party

it was far more fun to fight than P4's true end though, at least until it started going apeshit

Bet you can't wait for The Answer :V

Jintor

I like knock-down using a turn to get up since it makes the game a bit more tactical, but it results in you missing your only opportunity to influence the battle three turns in a row or can get you trapped in an endless loop of bullshit.

Salaadin

3 episiodes into the anime and I love it. Its so fanservicey to those who played the games. Some of the stuff they took from the game and threw into the anime is downright hilarious when you see it the first time.

What voice actors changed from Golden to the anime?
I know Chie is the same and she sounds better here than in Golden.
Anime Teddie is either the same as Golden or the va for Golden is imitating him pretty damn closely.
Kanji changes in the second half?

Anyone else?

3 episiodes into the anime and I love it. Its so fanservicey to those who played the games. Some of the stuff they took from the game and threw into the anime is downright hilarious when you see it the first time.

What voice actors changed from Golden to the anime?
I know Chie is the same and she sounds better here than in Golden.
Anime Teddie is either the same as Golden or the va for Golden is imitating him pretty damn closely.
Kanji changes in the second half?

Anyone else?

Naoto has a different voice actor

Salaadin

I saw a picture once that I cant seem to find it. It was of Nanako and it said "Nanako Dojima. Stealing hearts one Junes theme song at a time"
Anyone have that?

Dantis

I just watched the trailer. I'm flipping my shit right now. So excited.

Also, Hashino's surprise collaboration? If Hashino is working on this... HOOOOOO BOY.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Really? Not even the second to last boss on DDS2? I had to grind for hours to beat it, haha.

Maybe you're just better than I am. ;)

That was the only boss I had trouble with.

Other than the optional bosses, which I didn't really bother with, save a couple.

The new SMT game makes me wish it was on something other than Wii U. I still have no intention to ever purchase one. (Unless they come out with a bundle with the pro controller instead of that stupid Wii pad.)

Marche90

That was the only boss I had trouble with.

Other than the optional bosses, which I didn't really bother with, save a couple.

The new SMT game makes me wish it was on something other than Wii U. I still have no intention to ever purchase one. (Unless they come out with a bundle with the pro controller instead of that stupid Wii pad.)

Honestly, I have never understood this mentality of "This console has a game I want, but because it is on it, I won't ever buy it" If you want a game for x console then buy it and that's it! (well, of course, check the games because you may want to buy one or two more)

Also, really hyped about this, I seriously want it now.

Noi

Honestly, I have never understood this mentality of "This console has a game I want, but because it is on it, I won't ever buy it" If you want a game for x console then buy it and that's it! (well, of course, check the games because you may want to buy one or two more)

Also, really hyped about this, I seriously want it now.

"X console has severe issues and is setting precedents that I'd rather not support despite having one game I want" is a pretty easy easy to understand it.

Marche90

I guess I have never really cared about how Nintendo handles all of their services, so while I see what's wrong with it, I don't really care as long as I can play what I want.

Anyway, case closed. Nothing I can say will change people's minds, so why try now?

ckohler

End game spoiler
I kinda gave up on the last boss. I get to her 2nd transformation and she just bodies my team.

Don't give up.
I had the same problem and it frustrated me. So I went to the "Eerie Bedroom" dungeon and grind until I was level 85. (It's not hard to grind in that dungeon when you're level 75+). Then, along with some extra healing items, I was able to beat it.
I hate the thought of anyone making it that far and not finishing the game. It has a nice ending. Just conserve your SP by using team healing items and using Physical Attack skills. I would use those exclusivly and just keep healing my team each round and made it through.

Dantis

"X console has severe issues and is setting precedents that I'd rather not support despite having one game I want" is a pretty easy easy to understand it.

Doesn't help when the gimmick that it sells itself on is stupid and pointless also, as these things often are.

Honestly, it's kind of annoying when these things happen, because it's just hurting the fans.

Marche90

You tell me. Well, at least the good thing with the franchise right now is that you're very likely to have at least two consoles with current MegaTen games on it (A PS3 and a 3DS are VERY likely), plus, if you're willing to forego P4G, you only need a Wii U and you're set. Also, I highly doubt that we'll get another MegaTen on a 8th generation console for years to come, so you can rest assured even if you don't buy a 720 or a PS4 for a while

Top Bottom