• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Just put this together.
i5uVBxcsk5LHv.JPG

Nice, I dig it :)

Jintor

Hey, if you can forego that gaming experience, good for you

myself, I am weak.

And if I'm getting a WiiU for the Kamiya games I may as well get it for everything else

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Hey, if you can forego that gaming experience, good for you

myself, I am weak.

And if I'm getting a WiiU for the Kamiya games I may as well get it for everything else

I did it for the 3DS, but there were a few other games that I was interested in before hand.

The Wii U doesn't have much that I am really interested in, plus I am more looking forward to what MS and Sony are putting out first.

Curufinwe

I felt the worst about Chie. She sounds so pitiful.

Just got my Hardcore Risette Fan trophy, so the Platinum should be plain sailing now.

Duffyside

Banned
Hey guys, me again, with some more dumb questions!

What's the point of studying before a final? I think it just lets you skip questions, right?

Also, muck like the Fool card for Investigation Team S.L., do I need to carry the Hermit for Fox? Probably not, right?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

What's the point of studying before a final? I think it just lets you skip questions, right?

Also, muck like the Fool card for Investigation Team S.L., do I need to carry the Hermit for Fox? Probably not, right?

Studying only increases your knowledge.

The only time Knowledge comes into play for tests is the last day of questions, if your Knowledge is maxed, you will get full credit on the questions, which is required to get higher marks. Get all the questions right and you'll get the top score.

Tamanon

Banned

You'll never NEED to carry around Hermit cards, it'll go up when you finish a quest no matter what.

Jintor

My god the paper stock on this design works is amazing.

I enjoyed FES, but I think ultimately it was less coherent than P4 primarily in terms of overall story and focus. But then again, it was their first foray into this full type of Persona experience, so it's to be expected that P4 would just feel so much more complete.

Thank god they rejiggered the mechanics though. God fucking damn! Half of that final boss fight was just smacking myself in the head over and over again because my teammates would just immediately kill themselves via counters.

Chesskid1

Banned
some newb questions, first time playthrough and i'm approaching the end of july.

just hit level 9 on one of my social links. if i hit 10, does that mean just to ignore that social link?

i'm getting that your relationship will not become closer message for some people. does that mean i should wait to play with them or just do it anyways?

that's about all my questions right now heh.

i heard about a true ending and such so if someone could fill me in that would be great as well (without spoilers of course).

and marie never appears for me as well, which is annoying :(

i'm really glad i went over the hump cause the first 5 hours of the games was boring as hell and i was confused by the system, days going forward and nothing happening, etc , but now i'm addicted and can't stop playing!

sorry if this kinda crap is asked alot, but i simply do not want to get spoiled.

Moonlight

Banned
A lot of Personae have skills with little card icons beside them. And a few of them carry skill cards for stuff like Absorb Elements. If you drink a cup of coffee at Chagall Cafe at Okina City, you get that skill card. You can then choose to register it (but lose your free card) or simply use it, but lose the opportunity to get more in the future. It's like short term gains versus long term investments.

New Game +, on very easy to breeze through the game, with the best equipment for all my characters and Magatsu Izanagi. I feel invicible lol, especially since the encounter rate with golden hands is, I think, way increased.

neoemonk

With the SMT x Fire Emblem announcement on the Wii U, it makes me wonder if Persona 5 would also come out for the platform as well.

I want to draw so much tumblr nonsense with the P3/P4 cast you have no idea

tumblr_mh4k1xd8Sp1rnx5rho1_500.jpg
I miss the evokers :( But then again, Yu's Persona Summoning by crushing the tarot card is classy as hell.

Wait, you can get Mega Izzy in Golden? Without hacking?!

I have a CFW on my PS Vita
Seriously though, the requirements are simple : just max out the Jester or Hunger Arcana social link, and you'll be able from that moment to fuse Magatsu Izanagi. He's not too shabby either !

Jintor

Yeah cos of new s.link

honestly aside from style I didn't really like the evokers

I still remember my boss dismissing P3 entirely on the basis that it was 'that weird rpg where the schoolkids shot themselves in the head to cast spells'

Yeah cos of new s.link

honestly aside from style I didn't really like the evokers

I still remember my boss dismissing P3 entirely on the basis that it was 'that weird rpg where the schoolkids shot themselves in the head to cast spells'
Aside from style, there isn't really any point in persona summoning :p I just like how cool it is.

And yeah, considering the whole "teenagers mimicking suicide by shooting themselves in the head to summon Satan" thing, I'm surprised the game didn't cause much controversy in NA...

Jintor

Well I was really hoping there was a good reason for the evokers to be, you know, guns, but it was entirely glossed over and in P4 (and P4A i guess?) it turns out you didn't even need them so they were literally just there for style and to be 'emblemic' (although the glasses worked way better at that)

I've always thought evokers put you in a stress situation akin to self-termination, and thus in the face of death you feel more alive than ever, and thus you true character (= your persona) comes out. Or something like that :)

But yeah, they were coherent with the tone of the game, but when you see Aigis or Koromaru, gun-shaped devices aren't really needed;

Jintor

That probably works the first time and not the 849th time when you're like 'man these things shoot blanks who knew'

anyway turns out we can make them into, like, dog headphones or some shit so whatevs

keep using the guns though, they totally look great

Guess Who

Banned
Well I was really hoping there was a good reason for the evokers to be, you know, guns, but it was entirely glossed over and in P4 (and P4A i guess?) it turns out you didn't even need them so they were literally just there for style and to be 'emblemic' (although the glasses worked way better at that)

I think the implication made in P4A is that the TV world somehow eliminates the need for an Evoker (although Akihiko and Mitsuru use them anyway on their instakills so they can look rad as hell).

Dantis

God I'm this close to just watching all of P4A on youtube

Fuckin

Region-locking

bullshit

Just do it bro.

Seriously, you lose nothing. I watched nearly all of it in HD and eveerything. The only ones which were tough to find were Labrys and Elizabeth, so I had to settle for some guy talking over it now and again.

Dantis

Well, if you thought P3's story was so silly, I'd be VERY surprised if you didn't at least feel the same way about Arena's story (Which is significantly sillier).

But if you don't watch it online, and then you wait all this time and buy it (We still don't have a release date, keep in mind), and then you think the story is guff, you've just wasted your money.

Top Bottom