• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

YesAsia or CDJapan. Remember that most of Golden's music is from the original OST. The Golden OST only has a few notable tracks on it, so it's probably the P4 OST you'd want.

To be fair, the boss music is even better. One of my favourite Meguro tracks by far.

Actually felt that song was a bit weaker than DDS1's. DDS1's just sounds like a showdown, like a duel perhaps, almost like a western at parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAXpq-xs3Rk

DDS2 Spoiler
Though hearing this remixed in DDS2 was so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFgnTgtcHo

Dantis

Actually felt that song was a bit weaker than DDS1's. DDS1's just sounds like a showdown, like a duel perhaps, almost like a western at parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAXpq-xs3Rk

DDS2 Spoiler
Though hearing this remixed in DDS2 was so cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeFgnTgtcHo

Hahaaaa, I'd never even realised that Big Battle in DDS2 is a remix of the DDS1 Big Battle. I thought the naming was just a coincidence! I like Epic Battle because of the chorus. It is astoundingly good.

Also, I'm watching Persona Music Live 2012 again, and I have a few thoughts:

1) The production quality is bonkers. The bit where they have the new anime scenes, and it flashes through Inaba, and shows Ai, Kou and Daisuke in Aiya, and the culprit sat in jail, is amazing.

2) Shihoko Hirata got so much better at singing between 2010 and 2012. Lots of practice, maybe? I dunno.

3) Completely can't tell how old Hirata is. Literally, can't even ballpark it, and the schoolgirl outfit isn't making things easier.

4) As someone who has only been to metal gigs, the crowd looks so non-aggressive. I like that. Metal crowds are angry.

This is the better vid of it :p (spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaNF3cGYXuM

I love how in terms of story
he views you as a random battle encounter from Nocturne

It's one of the only bonus bosses like that where you fight a Protag from another game, and that character actually feels just as strong as the game the protag came from. Also Nocturne was the birth of the uberpixie which has been around for a while now.

Alright, I'm at January 14th and I have some questions as to how this is all going to play out:

Marie has visited me in my dreams--what's my next move? Around when does the dungeon unlock? And isn't there another optional dungeon? How do I access it?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Alright, I'm at January 14th and I have some questions as to how this is all going to play out:

Marie has visited me in my dreams--what's my next move? Around when does the dungeon unlock? And isn't there another optional dungeon? How do I access it?

February 13th is when it will unlock. Right after the Ski trip. There is another optional dungeon to get the true ending. March 20th is the last day of the game. It will tell you to visit all the people you forged a bond with. After this, it will tell you to go home. Say "no". Go to Junes Food Court, a scene will play out. After that, go visit Dojima and Nanako at the River Bank. Then go to the Velvet Room, another scene will play out. Then go to the Gas Station at the front of the Shopping District. Talk to the gas station attendant. Then it will unlock.

Jintor

tumblr_mh8yrjvpkb1qdbg24o1_500.jpg

Yes it is.

Why?

I need to know who to fight duh

Squire

Banned
Great. I should be all good then.

This really could've been my Max S. Link run, but I think I might just do a third run when the game is out in EU and more of those players come to the thread.

Hah, you should have told me sooner. I thought it was another random person following me.

Hah, my bad XD

If anybody else wants a follow, drop your handle. I'm: @TaleSpun

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I was going to do a third run to get that dammed book trophy, but I was a little burnt out and just wanted to finish some other games in my backlog.

Squire

Banned
Same. I love the game to death, but I'm getting a little fatigued and to the point that I have things to play that are just sitting. A big backlog - a backlog at all, really - isn't like me.

Jintor

I finished watching Arena. I think it was a lot of fun! Probably because it came from a different place than P3 and I went in with different expectations. A lot of it is just yeah woo fanservice and characters can be really dumb but my favourites were still excellent (Mitsuru, Aigis, Yu and Naoto) and even with the dodgy prose/presentation I enjoyed it. Will probably still pick it up when it FINALLY comes out here.

I finished watching Arena. I think it was a lot of fun! Probably because it came from a different place than P3 and I went in with different expectations. A lot of it is just yeah woo fanservice and characters can be really dumb but my favourites were still excellent (Mitsuru, Aigis, Yu and Naoto) and even with the dodgy prose/presentation I enjoyed it. Will probably still pick it up when it FINALLY comes out here.

Did you see the joke paths/endingsg

Jintor

Yes. They were pretty funny

I kind of wish they didn't flanderize the characters so much though. I think Shinji mentions that Akihiko likes protein, like, once in P3 and then they just had pages and pages of that crazy shit in his route.

Let's not even get started on fsteak or Yosuke being afraid Kanji was going to surprise buttsex him. Teddie was about the only one I didn't really mind because he's a ladykilling goofball anyways

Yes. They were pretty funny

I kind of wish they didn't flanderize the characters so much though. I think Shinji mentions that Akihiko likes protein, like, once in P3 and then they just had pages and pages of that crazy shit in his route.

Let's not even get started on fsteak or Yosuke being afraid Kanji was going to surprise buttsex him. Teddie was about the only one I didn't really mind because he's a ladykilling goofball anyways

But it wasn't THAT bad was it?

Jintor

I think a lot of my problems with P3 have to do with focus and timing/development, it's just not as cohesive a piece as P4, probably because it goes to some pretty whacked-out areas It's still a great game though.
When you leave the Dorm for the last time in The Answer, man, that felt heavy

It tends to exascebate the long-windedness of most character's internal monologues

I really don't get where those internal monologues came from. I was playing Blazblue Extend's story mode the other day. Monologues are almost absent, and when they are there, they tend to only be a few sentences long.

Jintor

They read like storyboard descriptions for scenes the team wanted to do animated but couldn't half the time. I could probably edit them down by a third and still keep just about everything necessary.

Anime cutscenes in Arena were freaking excellent though, not sure if that was just because of the colour palette or what

They read like storyboard descriptions for scenes the team wanted to do animated but couldn't half the time. I could probably edit them down by a third and still keep just about everything necessary.

Anime cutscenes in Arena were freaking excellent though, not sure if that was just because of the colour palette or what

what do you think about the music, one of Dantis' many dislikes towards the game

Jintor

I thought it was fine. Not up to a full Persona soundtrack's standards but it was fun fighting game music and the remixes of Heartful Cry and Reach Out To The Truth were fucking ace. I also enjoyed storymode switching freely between P3 and P4 tracks

Curufinwe

I was going to do a third run to get that dammed book trophy, but I was a little burnt out and just wanted to finish some other games in my backlog.

I'm doing that now on my second playthru . Maxing all the S.Links on the first run makes it a lot easier. I'm just following a book guide, not a step by step FAQ for everything.

Jintor

I am curious as to what you thought of the
Malevolent Entity.
This discussion is better saved for the Spoiler Topic though.

If this was a full game I'd be pissed, but it's a fun gaiden game so whatever.

Can I venture into spoiler topic now that I've finished P3 + The Answer? I don't think I'm up to playing P1/P2 this month : /

/edit on the music note, I was really surprised when the boss theme from the female route in P3P started playing at some point during P4A, I thought I'd never hear anything from that side of the soundtrack

If this was a full game I'd be pissed, but it's a fun gaiden game so whatever.

Can I venture into spoiler topic now that I've finished P3 + The Answer? I don't think I'm up to playing P1/P2 this month : /

/edit on the music note, I was really surprised when the boss theme from the female route in P3P started playing at some point during P4A, I thought I'd never hear anything from that side of the soundtrack

Do you care if p1/2 get spoiled? If so, then no.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
GAF help!! 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。 I finished persona 4 golden for the first time and started a new game on the plus file and...i'm at the beginning of the game after done with getting Yosuke's persona and none of my yen passed over and my compendium is empty? And also I don't think my skills are there at all. What happened! Do you get them after a certain point in the game like the first dungeon? I'm very upset. 。゜(`Д´)゜。。゜(`Д´)゜。。゜(`Д´)゜。

If anyone could help me i'd be forever grateful and in your debt
jTiHpYq.jpg

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
GAF help!! 。・゜・(ノД`)・゜・。 I finished persona 4 golden for the first time and started a new game on the plus file and...i'm at the beginning of the game after done with getting Yosuke's persona and none of my yen passed over and my compendium is empty? And also I don't think my skills are there at all. What happened! Do you get them after a certain point in the game like the first dungeon? I'm very upset. 。゜(`Д´)゜。。゜(`Д´)゜。。゜(`Д´)゜。

jTiHpYq.jpg

Everything should carry over around the time
Yukiko gets kindapped

So, yeah, basically like starting a new game.

TWILT

Banned

jTiHpYq.jpg

You should gain access to your compendium after you beat
Shadow Chie.
Just keep playing basically lol.

Trigger

jTiHpYq.jpg

All the stuff carried over in new game plus won't show right away for obvious reasons.

Jintor

If you don't have your Social qualities and your yen you've probably not got it though... also, your time counter should keep going up. My final time counter was 180 hours (3 playthroughs)

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
My time counter kept going up! I'm now on 65 hours i think.

People keep saying i'll get it after some certain points? But I"m so confused. I started a new game on the end files.

Squire

Banned
My time counter kept going up! I'm now on 65 hours i think.

People keep saying i'll get it after some certain points? But I"m so confused. I started a new game on the end files.

If your timer is going up you did it the right way. Just keep playing. You'll get your stuff soon.

Top Bottom