• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

PersonaGAF's heart is radiating puuuure kindness. ~

UCiQpse.jpg

Die Hard (Mahamon and Mamudoon to all)
What a Twist (Randomly kills someone in an M Knight Shiahkabob twist fashion)
Yippie Kai-Yay (Weaker victory cry, only fills 50% SP/HP)
Megidolaon
Hama Boost
Mudo Boost
Old One
Ghastly Wail

Young Magus

Die Hard (Mahamon and Mamudoon to all)
What a Twist (Randomly kills someone in an M Knight Shiahkabob twist fashion)
Yippie Kai-Yay (Weaker victory cry, only fills 50% SP/HP)
Megidolaon
Hama Boost
Mudo Boost
Old One
Ghastly Wail

OP as fuck I might say, any weakness? Also, old one had me laughing.

OP as fuck I might say, any weakness? Also, old one had me laughing.

No weaknesses, no strengths/nulls/absorbs

Die Hard can backfire hard because of this if you get it reflected back at you, cuz o Hama and Mudo boosts, you are basically game over'd.

What a Twist kills a random person, be it enemy, friend, or you, even bosses. Since your crew usually tend to outnumber the opposition, this spell's chances of friendly or self firing, much like Shishkabob's good to bad movie ratio, tends to lean more on the bad side of things.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Look at it this way, drawing is only hard if you have actual talent, if you are a shmuck like me it's totally easy to draw!

I don't really get what you are saying buddha o: but yeah drawing is super hard jintor. I have so many ideas but i try to draw basic things and they come out looking so bad sob

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
spent all day drawing and looked at my god damn chickenscratches and threw it out fuck everything

Jintor I know how you feel me too man me to.

Lol "jintor pls"

I wanted to make some p3 art of female protagonist x my boyfriendz (shinjiro and ryoji) and i never can

Jintor

has to be a threshold where looking at people's art instead of making me happy that art is awesome just makes me depressed because i can't do that argh

imma play more p3p, femc is really cheerful

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
has to be a threshold where looking at people's art instead of making me happy that art is awesome just makes me depressed because i can't do that argh

imma play more p3p, femc is really cheerful

:'( I hear ya. I see people my age doing extraordinary things and i'm like thing...i want...thing.......... btu.....effort/!/1 Like one of my friends became...a professional artist already in one of the momst prestigious art schools in the nation and got a full ride scholarship like his work was put up in a gallery with other prestigious art work and yeah he's 18...and he's like hai just finished doing family portrait moving on to sculpture art and digital art next xoxo. I'm like ?1//1/???? ...

femc is amazing but omg have you played through that route it's torture when i see the male route i scoff in comparison cuz female route is torture

Dantis

Yes. They were pretty funny

I kind of wish they didn't flanderize the characters so much though. I think Shinji mentions that Akihiko likes protein, like, once in P3 and then they just had pages and pages of that crazy shit in his route.

Let's not even get started on fsteak or Yosuke being afraid Kanji was going to surprise buttsex him. Teddie was about the only one I didn't really mind because he's a ladykilling goofball anyways

Yeah, this was one of my main problems with the game. It reads too much like a fan-fiction for my tastes, with characters' most fan-friendly traits being thrown under the limelight.

what do you think about the music, one of Dantis' many dislikes towards the game

Mmm, you're not really right about this one. The soundtrack is good enough that I bought it, at least, and for the most part I can enjoy it (Meguro's pieces really stand out).

My problem with it in the context of the game is the same as my overall problem with all of Arena: It feels like an imitation. Persona 4's soundtrack is incredibly interesting and eclectic, but everyone associates it with certain sounds. Kitajoh just emulated those sounds across every single track, and it makes for a poor excuse for a Persona soundtrack. As music on its own, it's mostly not terrible, as a Persona soundtrack, it is weak.

The same applies to everything in Arena. The HUD is obtuse and cluttered and dumb, but they coloured it yellow and used perspective and sharp angles because they think that makes it Persona-esque (It doesn't). And don't even get me started on that travesty of a title screen.

Haha, I feel like this all the time. Progress is slow and everyone else is amazing.

It's better than being blind to your flaws as an artist though. I know a few artists who think they're perfect as they are, and because of that I saw virtually no improvement to their work over the three years we were at uni together.

Yeah, this was one of my main problems with the game. It reads too much like a fan-fiction for my tastes, with characters' most fan-friendly traits being thrown under the limelight.

Mmm, you're not really right about this one. The soundtrack is good enough that I bought it, at least, and for the most part I can enjoy it (Meguro's pieces really stand out).

My problem with it in the context of the game is the same as my overall problem with all of Arena: It feels like an imitation. Persona 4's soundtrack is incredibly interesting and eclectic, but everyone associates it with certain sounds. Kitajoh just emulated those sounds across every single track, and it makes for a poor excuse for a Persona soundtrack. As music on its own, it's mostly not terrible, as a Persona soundtrack, it is weak.

The same applies to everything in Arena. The HUD is obtuse and cluttered and dumb, but they coloured it yellow and used perspective and sharp angles because they think that makes it Persona-esque (It doesn't). And don't even get me started on that travesty of a title screen.

Haha, I feel like this all the time. Progress is slow and everyone else is amazing.

It's better than being blind to your flaws as an artist though. I know a few artists who think they're perfect as they are, and because of that I saw virtually no improvement to their work over the three years we were at uni together.

I can accept your reasoning for most of it, but for the music, I can't trust your judgement when you said OG P1 was "just noise" and P2 is meh ;_;

Squire

Banned
So, what's the best way to tackle a second playthrough avd keep things fresh and new?

It doesn't really branch. You can join the opposite club and sports team from your first playthrough, but that's still just different stories under the same Arcanas. Subsequent playthroughs are for doing more than before more so than doing things differently.

Jintor

Personally, I ran completely different parties.

My first playthrough was the three males, the second was the three females.

I always keep all party members (besides MC) around the same level. Keeps things fresh. Well, as fresh as bloody dungeon grinding can be

Derrick01

Banned
I just finished it and I got that post-game depression feeling. I kind of wish it was possible for the normal every day life stuff to go on forever in that game. Didn't care for the dungeon stuff at all but the characters really grew on me.

Squire

Banned
I just finished it and I got that post-game depression feeling. I kind of wish it was possible for the normal every day life stuff to go on forever in that game. Didn't care for the dungeon stuff at all but the characters really grew on me.

Aww, that's great. I'm glad you liked it ^_^

Derrick01

Banned
Each game in the series goes with all new stuff like final fantasy right? All I want from persona 5 is another year with the same characters, maybe use the save data to scan who you picked as a girlfriend and continue that. :(

ZeroAKA

Each game in the series goes with all new stuff like final fantasy right? All I want from persona 5 is another year with the same characters, maybe use the save data to scan who you picked as a girlfriend and continue that. :(
I'd love a Persona 4-2... I guess we have Arena though. :/

Persona 1, 2 innocent sin and 2 eternal punishment all go together and have direct ties. Persona 3 and 4 have loose ties, with 4 having references to 3, which was that
Port Island trip.
Persona 4 Arena ties those two together, but fan reaction to that game is split.

Derrick01

Banned
Haha, I am too. Pleasantly.

And yeah, Derrick, it'll be all new stuff in P5. It's bittersweet. P4's is a great cast of characters.

*flips table*

I don't even think I could get interested in P5 if it's all new or if I did I doubt I'd be able to fairly judge it. I would just keep wanting the old characters back.

I'm satisfied with Golden. I honestly don't know how much more content they could cram into the story.

There's always new friend stuff they could do which is mostly what I'm asking for. You don't get tired of hanging around your RL friends after a year or two right?

Top Bottom