• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

btkadams

do the difficulties change the gametime that drastically? i keep seeing people post ~100 hours for game completion but it only took me 60 hours to finish my first game (true ending on easy). are you all playing on the hard difficulties or something?

Moaradin

If you're going at the same pace as I was, you're coming up to the half-way point. Whereabouts in the game are you?

I'm in the 4th
(The Void Quest)
dungeon right now. I'm playing the PS2 version, not golden.

Is it worth leveling up your first persona? I kinda ditched him early on to make a fusion. Should I keep him leveled?

do the difficulties change the gametime that drastically? i keep seeing people post ~100 hours for game completion but it only took me 60 hours to finish my first game (true ending on easy). are you all playing on the hard difficulties or something?

I'm playing on Normal difficulty. It's been pretty challenging so far.

Omikaru

My understanding is that a harder difficulty will add upwards of 20-30 hours to your game. I think I saw someone (Dantis?) who finished the game on the easiest difficulty in under 50 hours.

I'm in the 4th
(The Void Quest)
dungeon right now. I'm playing the PS2 version, not golden.

Is it worth leveling up your first persona? I kinda ditched him early on to make a fusion. Should I keep him leveled?

Nah, ditch him. It can be quite fun to use him with skill cards to keep him relevant, especially if you're doing a one Persona play, but if you're playing normally you'll have fused him ages ago, ideally once he stopped learning new skills.

As for where you are in the game... well, you've got quite a bit to go. Keep enjoying the good times! :)

addyb

Argghhh I was supposed to carry on with this tonight but my import copy of DJMax (arrived today) is keeping me from it. Not to worry it's not as if it's going anywhere.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, keep in mind that while this game has a Pokemon feel with all the Personae, don't get attached to any of them. Always Be Fusing. Just learn what type of skills you want to always have and what type of elemental resistances.

Dantis

My understanding is that a harder difficulty will add upwards of 20-30 hours to your game. I think I saw someone (Dantis?) who finished the game on the easiest difficulty in under 50 hours.

Yeah. I was level 99 also. My Normal run, for comparison, took me 51 hours and my vanilla run took me 62 hours.

addyb

Quick question guys. Obviously I'm only 2 hours Into the game so waaay off the end yet. I just wondered about new game +
Basically is it just another playthrough in order to get a different ending or are there key changes to the game that make it worthwhile.

Moaradin

Yeah, keep in mind that while this game has a Pokemon feel with all the Personae, don't get attached to any of them. Always Be Fusing. Just learn what type of skills you want to always have and what type of elemental resistances.

Yea, that's what I've been doing. Mainly doing fusions to counter some of the bosses. I do wonder if I'll miss anything though. My parties personas are getting these cool evolutions and I'm wondering if I could get one as well.

Squire

Banned
Quick question guys. Obviously I'm only 2 hours Into the game so waaay off the end yet. I just wondered about new game +
Basically is it just another playthrough in order to get a different ending or are there key changes to the game that make it worthwhile.

NG+ is more about doing more of what's there as opposed to doing things differently. You start with all your personal stats from the previous game (Knowledge, Expression, etc) and your Comprndium carries over too. You can buy any high level Personas or weapons from the previous playthrough.

You can get the true, canonical ending on the first try, but NG+ is for adding to your previous experience and just generally makes the game easier.

addyb

NG+ is more about doing more of what's there as opposed to doing things differently. You start with all your personal stats from the previous game (Knowledge, Expression, etc) and your Comprndium carries over too. You can buy any high level Personas or weapons from the previous playthrough.

You can get the true, canonical ending on the first try, but NG+ is for adding to your previous experience and just generally makes the game easier.

Thanks for the info mate. Wow I'm still at a very early stage. No dungeons, battles etc yet.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
There's like 4 hours of hitting X before you start the game proper, it's the first hurdle for a lot of people

By far the game's biggest flaw.

But of course, once it really picks it, it just gets better. Then it ends and you are sad. :(

Squire

Banned
I don't think the long intro is too problematic. It's exposition; an introduction to the world. S'just Atlus giving a shit about their story.

FluxWaveZ

I have no problems at all with the game's long intro. Persona 4's characters, setting, world and initial intrigue are all very important elements, so a couple of hours of setting everything up is no issue with me, especially when the game's 50-70 hours long anyways.

Jintor

Arrggggggh

I have

an urge

to buy an Aigis figurine

I get it! I get you crazy lunatics who spend your nonsense money on statue-things. Goddamnit I want one bad

RESIST JINTOR DON'T DO IT YOU NEED TO EAT AND BUY TEXTBOOKS THIS SEMESTER

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Arrggggggh

I have

an urge

to buy an Aigis figurine

I get it! I get you crazy lunatics who spend your nonsense money on statue-things. Goddamnit I want one bad

I wanted one too.

Then I saw the price and I was all "lolnope".

Kazzy

Arrggggggh

I have

an urge

to buy an Aigis figurine

Your money could be far better spent.
On a superior character.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Your money could be far better spent. On a superior character.

4h6obgL.png

I fucking love this image. It's so.. perfect. For when people say inaccurate things.

Cornbread78

so, getting really aggrivated at the
Misouio
battle and keep getting killed with the death spell after 20 mins.. AAARRRGGGHHH... help gaf!

Tamanon

Banned
You might be a bit underleveled for it. Typically I was around level 42-44 or so and my main persona at the time was Black Frost.

You might be a bit underleveled for it. Typically I was around level 42-44 or so and my main persona at the time was Black Frost.

Pff, Black Frost makes the battle too easy. I used Okuninushi equipped with God Hand and Power Charge due to my Shuffle Time luck hax, and I beat it on my first try.

Sophia

at lvl 52, I'll have to start the lvl from scratch and find that persona...

It's a special fusion. You can't find it in shuffle time.

In my defense, she has swapable parts and her arm came off so easilly that I thought it was interchangeable. It didn't hit me until I went to put it back and realized it had no place to stick it to.

I call her "Battle-Damaged edition".

That Gekkoukan logo below her is pretty awesome. :eek:

Top Bottom