• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dantis

Pfft, whatever, I'm much older than that and I have a whole menagerie.

menagerie.jpg

Mind you, the ambient levels of Anime at my workplace are probably higher than yours...

You're Mr. Atlus and I'm a coward though. :(

Omikaru

Guys, realtalk: the music for
Heaven
is incredible.

One thing I appreciated about Persona 4 was that each dungeon had its own music. It added so much to the experience, compared to P3, where the music and general aesthetic was just a variation on one theme (which wasn't very interesting in itself).

And yeah, that specific tune is amazing. If you haven't heard it before, listen to the Never More -Reincarnation: Persona 4- version of the song. It's super relaxed and chilled out, and is a nice variation. Then again, the whole album is pretty incredible.

One thing I appreciated about Persona 4 was that each dungeon had its own music. It added so much to the experience, compared to P3, where the music and general aesthetic was just a variation on one theme (which wasn't very interesting in itself).

And yeah, that specific tune is amazing. If you haven't heard it before, listen to the Never More -Reincarnation: Persona 4- version of the song. It's super relaxed and chilled out, and is a nice variation. Then again, the whole album is pretty incredible.

Yeah, the Never More -Reincarnation album is amazing. In the Best Battle Themes thread, I named I'll Face Myself (Reincarnation) as my favourite battle track of all time, and I was ecstatic when it was used for
Marie and Kusumi-no-Okami
's battle in Golden.

Sophia

You made the right decision, Dantis.

No he did not! :|

The Answer made up for it by the fact that the Abyss of Time has a really good theme. But yeah, Tartarus needed more themes in general. :(

Omikaru

Where can i get this mara figurine?

Edit: No, just no...

I'm not into figurines at all, and even I'd like to know where to get Mara. It'd certainly be an interesting conversation piece.

"Yeah, it's from a Japanese game about school children..."

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Edit: No, just no...

I'm not into figurines at all, and even I'd like to know where to get Mara. It'd certainly be an interesting conversation piece.

"Yeah, it's from a Japanese game about school children..."

Fuck, gonna do that, might as well go the full nine and have it as a center piece. (Like they would actually make a table sized one lol)

"...why do you have a giant penis riding a chariot on your table..."

So, quick question:

Without spoiling too much, is it true that
there is only ONE specific date that gives you the good ending or the bad ending?

unconfirmed anywhere but the biggest rumored one is Dojima

That would have been cool but really silly. Y'know, I always thought it would be neat if it turned out that Teddie was the killer; that he was actually as cold and calculating as his Shadow implied and that he was just playing dumb to get close to you and hurt you. It would make sense too since he's the only non-Izanami blessed person who can go in and out of the TV prior to the start of the game.

FluxWaveZ

unconfirmed anywhere but the biggest rumored one is Dojima

P4G Story Spoilers
Heavily doubt this because the reason Soejima cut Dojima's initial concept art, according to the art book, is because other members of the team stated "With this haircut, it's hard to believe he's the one who puts people in jail. It looks more like he's just getting into or out of jail himself." It seems that they had no intention of portraying him as a villain from the start.

Though, it's not a rumor that Adachi wasn't initially designed to be a bad guy. Soejima states: "Tohru was initially going to be a red herring in the story, so I intentionally made him a rather suspicious character. When we decided to change his role, I tweaked his design to make him someone who looks like your average joe and puts others at ease." I don't know where these rumors are coming from, but I'd say that Namatame was initially supposed to be the main villain because of the line "I had initially designed Taro with a deranged look, but once the story started solidifying, I decided to make him seem more like an unfortunate soul."

P4G Story Spoilers
Heavily doubt this because the reason Soejima cut Dojima's initial concept art, according to the art book, is because other members of the team stated "With this haircut, it's hard to believe he's the one who puts people in jail. It looks more like he's just getting into or out of jail himself." It seems that they had no intention of portraying him as a villain from the start.

Though, it's not a rumor that Adachi wasn't initially designed to be a bad guy. Soejima states: "Tohru was initially going to be a red herring in the story, so I intentionally made him a rather suspicious character. When we decided to change his role, I tweaked his design to make him someone who looks like your average joe and puts others at ease." I don't know where these rumors are coming from, but I'd say that Namatame was initially supposed to be the main villain because of the line "I had initially designed Taro with a deranged look, but once the story started solidifying, I decided to make him seem more like an unfortunate soul."

That would have been cool but really silly. Y'know, I always thought it would be neat if it turned out that Teddie was the killer; that he was actually as cold and calculating as his Shadow implied and that he was just playing dumb to get close to you and hurt you. It would make sense too since he's the only non-Izanami blessed person who can go in and out of the TV prior to the start of the game.

I really thought that's who it was, even before the confrontation with
his shadow. Afterwards, with Teddy getting a human body and all that, it made him seem very suspicious, if only because he suddenly became even more mysterious

Dojima
was also a a guess, but it was more of "Wouldn't it be crazy if it really was..!?" guess than anything.

I really thought that's who it was, even before the confrontation with
his shadow. Afterwards, with Teddy getting a human body and all that, it made him seem very suspicious, if only because he suddenly became even more mysterious

Dojima
was also a a guess, but it was more of "Wouldn't it be crazy if it really was..!?" guess than anything.

Strange minds think alike, I suppose. Persona 5 needs to have some really gnarly twists to throw us all for a loop!

Squire

Banned
Playing P5 will be great, but hearing they made decisions and what was changed along the way will be very interesting. All the little tidbits about the changes to P4 during development are fascinating.

Strange minds think alike, I suppose. Persona 5 needs to have some really gnarly twists to throw us all for a loop!

It's pretty funny, really. The game has quite a few red herrings, but they're ones that we make up because we're looking for/expecting a twist.

Overall, the game's plot is actually very... obvious. The biggest plot twist, I think, is that
while Adachi killed the first two, Namatame threw the others in honestly trying to save them
. It certainly adds a "Huh, I never would have thought of that" aspect, but overall I felt it was pretty direct that
Adachi
was the killer.
With all of the times he "spoke too much," it really does seem quite obvious. I think it's simply clouded by all of the other competing personalities in the game. Everyone acts in such a way that you take Adachi's odd demeanor as his "anime trait."
Some legitimate crazy twists would be great in P5.

I screwing around coming up with some rough ideas for a theoretical Persona plot, that was basically about an anonymous kill list that would appear on the internet, where a person's name and time of death would be posted, and they would simply die when that time came. The characters, a blend of high school and college students, would go into the internet, like the P4 cast goes into the tv world, and try to track down information on who or what is killing people. Unlike P4, however, I envisioned the internet world as a sort of futuristic, bustling, always-nighttime, overgrown New York City, with lights, music, and digital people everywhere.

On one hand I thought it was an interesting idea, but on the other I thought it seemed like a palette swap of P4. Some of the ideas are also kind of too crazy, but I guess a lot of Persona is, too. Maybe I simply stayed up too late and my mind wandered too far.

Sophia

You wouldn't, you would get there and she would have already killed the elite guards. then she would yawn and kick back in a comfy chair...if you dont get the reference btw:

Oh I got it, but perhaps using Mitsuru wasn't the best example. She's more badass than the bad dudes in question. :S

I hate collect x quests where your target enemies don't always drop their fucking quest item. Jesus christ.

Persona 3 still? Just be glad you're not playing the vanilla version. No drops were the norm there. :\

Oh I got it, but perhaps using Mitsuru wasn't the best example. She's more badass than the bad dudes in question. :S

Persona 3 still? Just be glad you're not playing the vanilla version. No drops were the norm there. :\

True but the twist is she didnt actually need your help and you get captured halfway and the rest of the game is a Mitsuru Nanjo tag team to rescue the player.

Top Bottom