• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Marche90

You wouldn't, you would get there and she would have already killed the elite guards. then she would yawn and kick back in a comfy chair...if you dont get the reference btw:

7092200689_e0fcdfa06a_z.jpg

We need to 'shop this picture for our purposes. That must be done

Kazzy

Same thing with yukiko and amaterasu. there are probably other examples too

Susano-o looks way cooler when it isn't Yosuke's Persona:

250px-SusanooSMT2.jpg

Probably the biggest disparity for me, because his looks lame,
though entirely justified within the context of the character.

It's pretty funny, really. The game has quite a few red herrings, but they're ones that we make up because we're looking for/expecting a twist.

Overall, the game's plot is actually very... obvious. The biggest plot twist, I think, is that
while Adachi killed the first two, Namatame threw the others in honestly trying to save them
. It certainly adds a "Huh, I never would have thought of that" aspect, but overall I felt it was pretty direct that
Adachi
was the killer.
With all of the times he "spoke too much," it really does seem quite obvious. I think it's simply clouded by all of the other competing personalities in the game. Everyone acts in such a way that you take Adachi's odd demeanor as his "anime trait."
Some legitimate crazy twists would be great in P5.

I screwing around coming up with some rough ideas for a theoretical Persona plot, that was basically about an anonymous kill list that would appear on the internet, where a person's name and time of death would be posted, and they would simply die when that time came. The characters, a blend of high school and college students, would go into the internet, like the P4 cast goes into the tv world, and try to track down information on who or what is killing people. Unlike P4, however, I envisioned the internet world as a sort of futuristic, bustling, always-nighttime, overgrown New York City, with lights, music, and digital people everywhere.

On one hand I thought it was an interesting idea, but on the other I thought it seemed like a palette swap of P4. Some of the ideas are also kind of too crazy, but I guess a lot of Persona is, too. Maybe I simply stayed up too late and my mind wandered too far.
I pretty much guessed it was Adachi about a third of the way into the game, because he spoke to much, was too aloof, was always near the scene of the crime before or after it happened, and him being an officer was a perfect alibi and way to tamper with the case. There was also some subtle clues offered later on in his social link too, and it being put on hold after you got to the sixth rank was a red flag too. But like you that whole Namatame angle really threw me for a loop, I did not see that coming at all, and I thought it was beautiful twist in the story.

Nuklear

Banned
Playing P5 will be great, but hearing they made decisions and what was changed along the way will be very interesting. All the little tidbits about the changes to P4 during development are fascinating.

They better allow you to control your party mates in P5. I'll be seriously disappointed if you can't. Having AI controlled partymates blows.

They better allow you to control your party mates in P5. I'll be seriously disappointed if you can't. Having AI controlled partymates blows.

I think it's a safe bet considering they added it to P3 with Portable.

What I want to return are:
-Direct control over party members
-Persona evolution being linked to S. Links
-Several unique, distinct dungeons
-"Brighter" tone of P4
-Refined fusion system (choosing which skills to inherit)
-Three tiers of Persona for party members
-Top-notch locoalization and voice acting/direction

I would like P5 to return to all party members can enter the velvet room and change their Personae...and I would REALLY like it if they ditched the safe plot point of The Fool/Wild Card.

Curufinwe

So the true ending is on Dec 3?

No, it's months later. But you need to say and do the right things on Dec 3, or you might get the bad ending, or the very bad ending, or the new & very creepy bad ending.

You don't need NG+ to get the epilogue or the bonus dungeon. I got it on my first playthru.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No, it's months later. But you need to say and do the right things on Dec 3, or you might get the bad ending, or the very bad ending, or the new & very creepy bad ending.

You don't need NG+ to get the epilogue or the bonus dungeon. I got it on my first playthru.
You only need NG+ to get to
Margaret's fight

Jintor

Yeah, but the way it seems to apply is that anyone can obtain the power, given the right circumstances and way of thinking... besides, you always need a main character to revolve around, and it makes sense from an Tarot perspective for that to be the fool.

Really enjoying the party s.links in P3P. Hope they maintain the goddamn square button anywhere shortcut, it's so good

Yeah, but the way it seems to apply is that anyone can obtain the power, given the right circumstances and way of thinking... besides, you always need a main character to revolve around, and it makes sense from an Tarot perspective for that to be the fool.

Really enjoying the party s.links in P3P. Hope they maintain the goddamn square button anywhere shortcut, it's so good

I dunno, Emperor, Sun and Moon MC's were more interesting to me than 3 Fool MC's,
with a 4th character becoming fool

How do I get the
Magatsu Izanagi
Persona? I'm currently in the *very* last dungeon, I'm max level, and
Adachi's
Social Link is the highest it can be right now (as the last few levels cone via the story).

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
How do I get the
Magatsu Izanagi
Adachi's
Social Link is the highest it can be right now (as the last few levels cone via the story).

Adachi's SL will max before you enter Izanami's dungeon. After that, just fuse the three highest leveled personae of the Hunger arcana. If you have them that is. If you don't, keep fusing the three highest you have and it will eventually get to the point where you can fuse Magatsu-Izanagi

Trigger

How do I get the
Magatsu Izanagi
Adachi's

You have to max the social link as Magatsu Izanagi is the highest form of the Jester/Hunger arcana. Either you messed up on the social link or you're not on the very last dungeon. ;)

I would love that wallpaper man.

In other news, Samurai and Dragons is getting localized, it was a free to play online game with a bunch of systems for vita, interesting.

Edit: or maybe not

Enjoying the living fuck out of persona 2. I thought it would be pretty much impossible to go back because of the random battles. The fact that the tv listing lacks in p4g any p2 content is absolutely disturbing.

Enjoying the living fuck out of persona 2. I thought it would be pretty much impossible to go back because of the random battles. The fact that the tv listing lacks in p4g any p2 content is absolutely disturbing.

It even mentions Persona 1 man! ALSO One of the costume sets is a P2 throwback! What part are you on atm?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Pretty big in-game reference though.

It even mentions Persona 1 man! ALSO One of the costume sets is a P2 throwback! What part are you on atm?
According to the guide I'm about to fight a bunch of
Longinus
bosses. The story and characters are among the best I have ever seen in a game. Atlus really needs to remake p2 with the p4g engine or come out with a person 2 animation.

According to the guide I'm about to fight a bunch of
Longinus
bosses. The story and characters are among the best I have ever seen in a game. Atlus really needs to remake p2 with the p4g engine or come out with a person 2 animation.

Wait, which ones? Outside or inside?

I'll be interested to see if P5 ties into P4A in any way or if that's going to be a Gaiden game thing

Well, considering
Nyarlathotep made an appearance, I think whatever game P4A was foreshadowing won't be a Gaiden game. Ol' Nyarl's just too important to be shoved into a side game like that.

My guess is that P5 will have characters from P3 and 4 in the background of the main story, so that the story threads of FES and Arena can be tied up without resorting to the Kingdom Hearts approach.

Top Bottom