• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Tamanon

Banned
Why can't Yu use fusion spells? Is it because he isn't strong enough?

Eh, they took fusion spells out of Persona 3 Portable also. I think they wanted people to get away from hanging on to Personas. They moved the fusion spells to items instead in that game.

Moaradin

Finished the 4th dungeon last night. Boss was pretty easy actually. Much more than the previous bosses, which gave me a pretty hard time. I'm interested in seeing how the story goes considering that we (8/20-9/1 spoilers)
caught the "killer".

Eh, they took fusion spells out of Persona 3 Portable also. I think they wanted people to get away from hanging on to Personas. They moved the fusion spells to items instead in that game.
I was told constant Armageddon spamming ( and some other move) was the reason they took it out. And the reason why Yu can't use it is because he doesn't have the ability to(the same reason why only the p2 protagonists can use nuclear spells).
I find it hilarious that P2 becomes Fusion Spells: The Game fairly early on
I have been spamming the same exact spell(blazing burst) the whole damn time. That might change though ( Yukino's ultimate persona doesn't have a fire attack )

I miss all the cool named elemental spells in Persona. they have been out of Persona, starting with 3, except for things like Ragnarok. WHERE IS GOD'S ELECTRIC BLAZE!?

You have to max the social link as Magatsu Izanagi is the highest form of the Jester/Hunger arcana. Either you messed up on the social link or you're not on the very last dungeon. ;)

I read that rank 6 is the highest you can get
Adachi's
Social Link yourself, and the others come through the story. But the story only took me up to level 8, and I know for fact I got the true ending. I'm well aware of all the dungeons and endings.

EDIT: I just looked up videos on YouTube, and for some reason, I was never prompted to say anything/never got a Social Link rank up when
Adachi lamented how things turned out so differently for you and him, after defeating Ameno Sagiri
. That's the rank 9 level up, and I was level 8 at the time, so why didn't that happen for me?

CSX

Adachi's
Social Link yourself, and the others come through the story. But the story only took me up to level 8, and I know for fact I got the true ending. I'm well aware of all the dungeons and endings.

EDIT: I just looked up videos on YouTube, and for some reason, I was never prompted to say anything/never got a Social Link rank up when
Adachi lamented how things turned out so differently for you and him, after defeating Ameno Sagiri
. That's the rank 9 level up, and I was level 8 at the time, so why didn't that happen for me?

did you went to talk to him alone before the start of the final dungeon?

Trigger

Adachi's

Did the social link change from Jester to Hunger? You have to have him at rank 9 as the Hunger arcana to get it to max in the true ending path. I'm not sure what else could have happened. Also, what CSX said. You have to visit him alone after he's revealed as the murderer.

Trigger

Does anyone want spell types like Magna/Tera, Aqua, Frei and such to return btw, along with maybe Slash, Pierce, and Strike?

Yes. More elemental variety would be nice. It would give the party less room for elemental overlap, and I felt that more phys damage types pushed me to vary my party in P3.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
No, neither childhood friend ever thinks it's worth mentioning that she's dating the new guy. I've never strayed from Chie, but it bugs me nonetheless.

respekKnuckles.jpg

Cornbread78

There's an event on 2/14 that will make you feel like pure garbage. I wish I hadn't been a pimp on my play through. Feels bad, man.

No, neither childhood friend ever thinks it's worth mentioning that she's dating the new guy. I've never strayed from Chie, but it bugs me nonetheless.

$hit, now I have a decision to make.... Stay with the prude Yuk, or go full court press with the freaky Rise.... Hmmm. I only have a couple S-Ranks left with Rise before that questions will come up for her....

Help me decide, Freaky of classic?

Dantis

P4 is too simple, I would like P3 stuff at least to return (Strike, Pierce, Slash)....along with aqua and magna.

BTW, I really wish I had a source for you on that art, but I cant seem to find any. Damn shame, it looks amazing.

Well either way way, I don't think it will happen. SMT4 has continues as opposed to proper game overs, so I'm expecting Persona 5 to be mega easy and simple.

Squire

Banned
Well either way way, I don't think it will happen. SMT4 has continues as opposed to proper game overs, so I'm expecting Persona 5 to be mega easy and simple.

Well, lets give them a bit more credit than that.

The fighting in P4G isn't even simple. I don't know if people have just become accustomed to overly-complicated battle systems, but their standards for simple seem inescapable

It still sounds like P4G's biggest problem is balancing, which SMT4 and P5 probably won't have an issue with, since they're not remakes that add all this new content. They'll be as hard/easy as you choose!

Dantis

Well, lets give them a bit more credit than that.

The fighting in P4G isn't even simple. I don't know if people have just become accustomed to overly-complicated battle systems, but their standards for simple seem inescapable

It still sounds like P4G's biggest problem is balancing, which SMT4 and P5 probably won't have an issue with, since they're not remakes that add all this new content. They'll be as hard/easy as you choose!

I mean that it's more streamlined. JRPGs are known for being slow, clunky and inaccessible. I feel like Persona 4 is something that anyone can play. I'm absolutely not saying that cutting out things like physical sub-types are bad things, but they definitely simplify it. I think with the direction they're taking, they want to make things very slick and very accessible, whilst sticking to the old school turn-based conventions. And I think they're doing it better than anyone else out there.

Squire

Banned
I mean that it's more streamlined. JRPGs are known for being slow, clunky and inaccessible. I feel like Persona 4 is something that anyone can play. I'm absolutely not saying that cutting out things like physical sub-types are bad things, but they definitely simplify it. I think with the direction they're taking, they want to make things very slick and very accessible, whilst sticking to the old school turn-based conventions. And I think they're doing it better than anyone else out there.

Ah, I see, I see!

Kerub

Banned
$hit, now I have a decision to make.... Stay with the prude Yuk, or go full court press with the freaky Rise.... Hmmm. I only have a couple S-Ranks left with Rise before that questions will come up for her....

Help me decide, Freaky of classic?

Naoto
;-)

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Alright, as long as nothing negative happens with my relationship and S-Rank with Yuk, I guess, I'll dunk her prude butt and go for the sexier one.

Oh.. you can't really dump them. They'll still be "your girlfriend according to the link. But, there will be a Valentine's Day event where you have to choose who you want to spend it with, which will make you feel like a jerk.

There's a Christmas event too, but no real consequences there.

Cornbread78

Oh.. you can't really dump them. They'll still be "your girlfriend according to the link. But, there will be a Valentine's Day event where you have to choose who you want to spend it with, which will make you feel like a jerk.

There's a Christmas event too, but no real consequences there.

Great, only a couple months away from the fun.... Can I pick up Rise after the 2/14 and be-wed her?

You guys don't even want to know the things I was doing at 15-16, lol

yeah, yeah, yeah, but I gotta SCORE ya know.... If I can, I'll just wait until after 2/14, then take on two chicks at once...

After 2/14, the game does a timeskip, so you can't advance any more S. Links after that point.

Sophia

Hmm... do I buy Mega Man Maverick Hunter X + Street Fighter Alpha 3 or do I buy Persona 3 Portable? I'm kinda burned out on RPGs, but P3P would last me longer, but I've already beaten Persona 3 many times before (but not really the female route...)

Noi

Hmm... do I buy Mega Man Maverick Hunter X + Street Fighter Alpha 3 or do I buy Persona 3 Portable? I'm kinda burned out on RPGs, but P3P would last me longer, but I've already beaten Persona 3 many times before (but not really the female route...)

You know, deep down, which is the right choice.

Top Bottom