• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Cornbread78

Damn, ya know, I had my change to hold Rise and make her my younger chick, but I couldn't be unfaithful to Yuk, just wouln't be fair. I guess I remain a virgin my entire life.... Well it's only Sept, so anythign could happen.

No, they're both good. Being better than their P4 counterparts tho.....

Time To Make History's rocking; what can I say!

To be quite honest, the only rendition of Reach Out To The Truth I truly love is the P4A version, which is made of awesome.

Are you serious? You prefer Shadow World to Pursuing My True Self? I guess it's good you enjoy it that much.

Yeah, True Self never really clicked with me. I don't know why, but Shadow World just puts this big, stupid grin on my face every time I hear it, whereas I end up skipping True Self most of the time. It's probably just me.

trinityshit.png
I'm literally in tears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpeQzYbjLE

I thought P3P had the shittiest intro btw. P3 OG was so much better. Talking about the intro itself, not the song.
Wow really? P3p didn't have a guy dancing with a trashcan on his head. You could also flip your psp upside down and see the female perspective, now that was a awesome.

This is the best thing I've seen all day. Love it.

The actual intro video is dire. Shadow World is mediocre by Meguro standards, but I dislike Time To Make History a lot more.

I don't care for Soul Phrase either.
Why do you dislike TtMH more? It was kinda "generic" but it was still a meguro song. Shadow world is a freaking disgrace.

I actually like it more, as P4 has always been happier than P3. But that's me, as I like the 'Scooby Doo' aspect of P4G despite the storyline having dark elements.
This post makes make sad :(

Is it horrible that it took me 95hrs to beat this gamy time and beat in 60 something.
I'm on 160 and i haven't finished yet. Do not even ask. No, I did not actually play for all of those 160 hours.
Hahaha what the hell were you doing?

When a game is this long people's times are all over the place. It doesn't matter.

Am I worse than Hitler for really liking both Shadow World and Time To Mak history?

Because I like both of them better than their P4 counterparts.

I'll show myself the door :(
I'm not sure how you could like shadow world over pursuing my true self. Reach out for the truth is super overrated though. It gets repetitive and doesn't even feel like a battle theme. Wiping all out>>>>>>>>>>>>

Dantis

Time To Make History's rocking; what can I say!

To be quite honest, the only rendition of Reach Out To The Truth I truly love is the P4A version, which is made of awesome.

Yeah, True Self never really clicked with me. I don't know why, but Shadow World just puts this big, stupid grin on my face every time I hear it, whereas I end up skipping True Self most of the time. It's probably just me.

I know everyone has their own opinions etc. etc... But man, what?

Why do you dislike TtMH more? It was kinda "generic" but it was still a meguro song. Shadow world is a freaking disgrace.

Shadow World is different, at least. TTMH is just Reach with a significantly less powerful chorus and heavily toned down rock-influences.

Reclaimer

I generally don't like anime. But I'm 15 hours into Persona 4 Golden and I'm LOVING it. It's consuming my brainspace.

Just thought I'd throw that out. :)

Wow really? P3p didn't have a guy dancing with a trashcan on his head. You could also flip your psp upside down and see the female perspective, now that was a awesome.

My grand list of Persona intros:

P2EPP > P3 > P4 > P2ISP > P2EP > P1P > P2IS > P3P > P3FES > P1 > P4G

Am I missing any?

I know everyone has their own opinions etc. etc... But man, what?

That is a rather popular opinion on that song, most think that remix is balls awesome.

Edit: NEVERMIND, DIDN'T READ THAT IT WAS THE ONLY ONE HE LIKED BURN BURN WITCH

I like dark games and I like light games. I've only really played P3 prior to P4 but really love P4 more. P4G was an improved version of P4 and it kinda reveled in being happy, which I like as a contrast to the murders/gods/demons and whatnot.

So yeah, Shadow World puts a ridiculously huge smile on my face whenever I listen to it but I basically love all of P4's music (God I wish I could justify owning physical copies of the P4A soundtracks but JP BDs are expensive...) as well as P3's, which was more dark and serious.

Dantis

I like dark games and I like light games. I've only really played P3 prior to P4 but really love P4 more. P4G was an improved version of P4 and it kinda reveled in being happy, which I like as a contrast to the murders/gods/demons and whatnot.

So yeah, Shadow World puts a ridiculously huge smile on my face whenever I listen to it but I basically love all of P4's music (God I wish I could justify owning physical copies of the P4A soundtracks but JP BDs are expensive...) as well as P3's, which was more dark and serious.

P4's music is almost all fantastic. P4G's music is mostly forgettable.

Neither really. The song is just a mishmash of various songs with some new lyrics, and the video is all repeat footage and ingame stuff. It'd be great as a second opening tho.

And entirely new instrumentation. And hilarious Lotus Juice lyrics. "My cards be a Royal Flush... And I'm the Ace.". How can anyone not smile at that?

Sophia

Really? The song or the video?

EP's PSP opening is probably my second favourite. P4 vanilla is just perfect.

Neither really. The song is just a mishmash of various songs with some new lyrics, and the video is all repeat footage and ingame stuff. It'd be great as a second opening tho.

You make it difficult to reply when you future-quote like that and ask a question, btw. :D

Really? The song or the video?

EP's PSP opening is probably my second favourite. P4 vanilla is just perfect.

Love the song, that whole "And I'm the ace." Part was so awesome, but it was just a meh put together intro with cut scenes and game play clips. Criticize P3P intro all I want, that intro was creative indeed and looks like a massive amount of work went behind it.

....and I'm the ace.

P4a ost in general is amazing imo. Why the hell is the battle for everyone's soul so overrated? It doesn't even top the smt3 battle theme imo(especially the town battle theme).

Dantis

Snowflakes, A Sky Full of Stars and True Story spit on your opinion.

Snowflakes is amaze. Sky Full of Stars is decent (The second best non-Meguro track on the album). True Story is hands down the worst track Meguro has ever written.

Love the song, that whole "And I'm the ace." Part was so awesome, but it was just a meh put together intro with cut scenes and game play clips. Criticize P3P intro all I want, that intro was creative indeed and looks like a massive amount of work went behind it.

....and I'm the ace.

Isn't it obvious why the opening is like that though? FES was rushed because it was developed at the same time as P4.

True, but I think it's at least partially intentional - it is one of Risette's mass-manufactured Idol tracks, after all

I agree. In the context of the anime, it was fine, and I find it hilarious that Meguro's attempt at an idol song is still a rock song. It is definitely not a good piece of music though.

Jintor

Are you serious? You prefer Shadow World to Pursuing My True Self? I guess it's good you enjoy it that much.

I really like Shadow World but Pursuing My True Self has this amazingly funky bass. You gotta listen out for it but it's just sooooooooo good

True Story is hands down the worst track Meguro has ever written.

True, but I think it's at least partially intentional - it is one of Risette's mass-manufactured Idol tracks, after all

Jintor

Persona 3 FES's intro is a pretty good intro even considering Golden (Yosuke in a bin aside) and vanilla P4 (which fits its game like a glove). The way it's cut is just amazing. Not that much original content though i'll admit that.

P3P's intro almost reminds me of Zero Escape, just throwing nonsense words at you (even if they mean something)

Snowflakes is amaze. Sky Full of Stars is decent (The second best non-Meguro track on the album). True Story is hands down the worst track Meguro has ever written.

Aw, it's not that bad. Especially compared to the tosh that is P3's Deep Breath Deep Breath, which is the only time I've ever turned my volume off while playing a Persona game. That shrieking is horrible, and it sucks thay it plays during one of my favourite parts of the game :(

Dantis

Aw, it's not that bad. Especially compared to the tosh that is P3's Deep Breath Deep Breath, which is the only time I've ever turned my volume off while playing a Persona game. That shrieking is horrible, and it sucks thay it plays during one of my favourite parts of the game :(

HA!

When I played through P3, I wasn't familiar with Meguro whatsoever. Deep Breath Deep Breath is the point at which the soundtrack got my attention. It was so unique and bizarre that I just laughed at how absurd it was. Love it.

Talking about music and no mention of the reincarnation version of "I'll face myself"?

For shame, PersonaGAF, for shame

It's probably my favourite track Kitajoh has ever done. He should really stay away from rocky stuff. His talents definitely lie in more classically styled music.

the music changed between p4 and p4g?? (i've only played p4g)

P4G added some new tracks. Most of them aren't by the Persona composer, and aren't very good.

Talking about music and no mention of the reincarnation version of "I'll face myself"?

For shame, PersonaGAF, for shame

I've mentioned in the past that it's hands-down my favourite track in the series. The violin part alone makes it ascend into a whole other plane of music.

HA!

When I played through P3, I wasn't familiar with Meguro whatsoever. Deep Breath Deep Breath is the point at which the soundtrack got my attention. It was so unique and bizarre that I just laughed at how absurd it was. Love it.

Ugh. Give me any other track over that one. It's insufferable.

The Almighty > Battle For Everyone's Souls
Both are godlike, don't get me wrong.

This is correct.

Jintor

Everyone seems to forget that the original P3 intro throws just as many nonsensical words at you. :p

BUTTERFLY EFFECT COGITO ERGO SUM MOMENTO MORI IF THE NINETH LION EATS THE SUN

hope the next persona still has the director's room for additional content, I really liked the quiz show, Edogawa's lectures and all the high-res vid. Hell, they should have all the openings on it, too!

Dantis

It's got a few additional tracks. I'm guessing Dantis-kun is talking about the stuff on the Persona 4 Golden soundtrack, in which case he is a god damned crazy person because while it's heavy on the brass and piano I still think it's pretty damn excellent

That track is excellent. It also follows my previous post about Kitajoh being better at classical stuff. Most of the soundtrack is pretty bad though. It sounds like someone just badly imitating P4's existing sound, and thereby killing what made P4's soundtrack so interesting.

Example.

Battle for everyone's soul is the most overrated shit ever. It's just the poem for everyone's souls vocal on a nocturne like guitar solo.

No it isn't.

Top Bottom