• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I'm depressed that this is the closest we're ever going to get to a Reincarnation version of The Almighty :(

It's extremely well-edited, but I'd love an official version.

Dantis

It's just so overrated

If you don't like it, that's cool, but you're really not giving it credit for what it is. Poem is the only consistent tracks between Persona games, and this is a battle arrangement of that, which makes it pretty significant as it is. Then you consider that the song changes style, going from rock, to electronic, to classical. You know what soundtrack combined those three styles? Persona 3.

It's a culmination of everything that's come before it and an acknowledgement of the series as a whole, whilst recognising the direction that the series would take. Even if you don't like it, it is significant.

Counter

Counter

...Okay, Miracle Quiz kind of sucks, so does True Story and Steamy Travelling Mood Epic Battle.

Those two tracks are awful.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
g09N0bz.jpg

If you don't like it, that's cool, but you're really not giving it credit for what it is. Poem is the only consistent tracks between Persona games, and this is a battle arrangement of that, which makes it pretty significant as it is. Then you consider that the song changes style, going from rock, to electronic, to classical. You know what soundtrack combined those three styles? Persona 3.

It's a culmination of everything that's come before it and an acknowledgement of the series as a whole, whilst recognising the direction that the series would take. Even if you don't like it, it is significant.

Those two tracks are awful.
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the song but when people start saying it's the best thing meguro has ever made I have to disagree. The whole rock-opera thing(with a bit of electronic) is cool but I just don't feel like it's the best thing ever. Most people I talk to seem to love the whole rock-opera thing but I'm not really with it(although I will admit that the advent children version of one winged angel is simply God like).

Surprisingly, The Golden soundtrack is a really good beach soundtrack. I can't imagine why

It does have that quality for sure.

But really... I just want more chiptune pieces - even if it's just a joke, for future games. There's something about Shin Mitsuo Tensei that makes me want an old chiptune album for other Persona songs.

Trigger

I hope more people are non datable in P5. It makes them seem more like actual characters and not just partly there for you to date and it makes your character seem less mary sue or gary stu.

I'd be fine with this provided there is still lots of fanservice and swimsuits.

Jintor

My vote is for the other choice becoming your rival

you meet them every three months for a boss battle

At the end of the game they've become pokemon champion ahead of you and it sucks

Jintor

I did like that doing FemC's s.link gave there more 'characters' to interact with that weren't just 'unnamed student' or whatever.

Man imagine if every character with a line had a portrait

My vote is for the other choice becoming your rival

you meet them every three months for a boss battle

At the end of the game they've become pokemon champion ahead of you and it sucks

Yet despite that, you will always be the superior Pokemon champion. :p

...Great, now you have to draw me Yu dressed as Red/Ash and Minato as Blue/Gary... Do it Jintor! :)

Squire

Banned
I hope more people are non datable in P5. It makes them seem more like actual characters and not just partly there for you to date and it makes your character seem less mary sue or gary stu.

You want better characters, not the illusion of better characters. Making someone datable or non-datable has nothing to do with that.

Multiple partners being optional is something interesting that they do with romance that most games don't - especially because they call you out on it.

Dantis

Do tell? I know what happens in it, but I'm wondering what you're referring to...

Best S Link in the game. Tragic and amazing.

When I said "I told you so", I was referring to how good it is.

I think it does actually. If everybody wants to get in MC's pants I think it detracts somewhat from the sense of being a real person in a real world. People don't view everybody else as potential partners at all time and it's nice to see that reflected even in a game with a social element.

Concur! I like the idea that some characters would just see you as a friend, like in real life.

Jintor

You want better characters, not the illusion of better characters. Making someone datable or non-datable has nothing to do with that.

I think it does actually. If everybody wants to get in MC's pants I think it detracts somewhat from the sense of being a real person in a real world. People don't view everybody else as potential partners at all time and it's nice to see that reflected even in a game with a social element.

Sophia

Best S Link in the game. Tragic and amazing.

When I said "I told you so", I was referring to how good it is.

Ooh, I see. Yeah it's definitely one of the better ones in Persona 3 Portable. I wouldn't put it above Shinjiro's tho.

Perhaps add another way to go about this instead of "This girl wants in your pants. This is an important decision. What will you do?"

Jintor

It's why Naoto's is (relatively speaking) a good s.link - it's one where you have to be the active party, not the girl.

Squire

Banned
Perhaps add another way to go about this instead of "This girl wants in your pants. This is an important decision. What will you do?"

It's why Naoto's is (relatively speaking) a good s.link - it's one where you have to be the active party, not the girl.

I think that's what they need to do more of: making you the active pursuer of some romances. Still, I don't think walling you off from dating somebody affects their quality as a character. If you want a better character, write them better. And to P4's credit you do have to say the word half the time; the girls aren't propositioning you. And when you do turn them down, they back-off and the relationship becomes tangibly plutonic in the rest of your interactions with them.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Kenji is an even more massive idiot if you do Rio's slink.

Kenji.. ooh boy.

small slink spoilers ahoy.

Yeah go after the woman you have zero chance with instead of the sure thing.

Oh and Chidori looked so stupid. I could never take her seriously as a character.

Kenji.. ooh boy.

small slink spoilers ahoy.

Yeah go after the woman you have zero chance with instead of the sure thing.

Oh and Chidori looked so stupid. I could never take her seriously as a character.

Seriously, shes cute, how could you say no to that for something you have not a single chance to?

tumblr_magccsQNv31qawftko1_400.png

Jintor

next p5 game to have school trips to tatsumi and inaba, you know it

also a side vacation to the tv world

which is now also tartarus

man i really want it to be set in uni

I finally got the English version of P4G after finding it extremely bizarre that Gamestop has absolutely no copies anywhere. Luckily Best Buy still had the game (and the screen cover too for some reason) so I got it there. What's left to say after beating the PS2 game and then the Japanese version of P4G?

I guess comments on the new casting choices? Iunno, it's fun to compare the performances between the new Teddie and Chie with the old. Also playing the games while soaking in the entire Persona 4 Endurance Run, which is an interesting experience in itself.

I think I'm gonna be all tapped out on P4 stuff after playing through P4G in English and cleaning up the trophies in the Japanese version. Still have the 2012 concert Blu-ray playing in my head...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I finally got the English version of P4G after finding it extremely bizarre that Gamestop has absolutely no copies anywhere. Luckily Best Buy still had the game (and the screen cover too for some reason) so I got it there. What's left to say after beating the PS2 game and then the Japanese version of P4G?

I guess comments on the new casting choices? Iunno, it's fun to compare the performances between the new Teddie and Chie with the old. Also playing the games while soaking in the entire Persona 4 Endurance Run, which is an interesting experience in itself.

I think I'm gonna be all tapped out on P4 stuff after playing through P4G in English and cleaning up the trophies in the Japanese version. Still have the 2012 concert Blu-ray playing in my head...

Your Best Buy had it?

Huh, I'd be lucky as shit if they ever got a niche game like that in stock at mine.

neoemonk

I think I have a problem.

I've recently set down NG+ on the Vita in favor of playing the original P4 on PS2. Never finished it before. I shoukd just keep working towards the platinum, but I'm enjoying seeing the differences so far.

Top Bottom