• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The fridge has witnessed your romance with Yukiko Amagi. It is now giving you the cold shoulder.

ugh-disgusted-o.gif

Your Best Buy had it?

Huh, I'd be lucky as shit if they ever got a niche game like that in stock at mine.
Best Buy's online store had a ship to store option so I did that. I remembered Best Buys near my workplace stocking the game but either they sent them back or they sold out. I think ordering online is also the only way to get the Vita skin now that it's been so long after release.

Noi

The day that I properly get around to playing/beating Innocent Sin, I at least won't be stuck waiting for a PSP localization that won't come.

8437450802_14d5d59e09_z.jpg

(Not pictured, P3:FES that's on loan to my BFF.)

I should get Revelations: Persona to complete the set, but I don't care for P1 that much. ._.

Noi

Looks like some of Buddha's game breaking luck finally rubbed off on me. Was leveling up a Samael to learn Megido, and back to back Magician cards have given it Mamudoon starting from Mamudo and now Megidolaon. I no longer fear Golden Hands.

(Still at Secret Lab.)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
This game is too predictable :(

I always knew both Adachi and the person from the gas station were fishy. Boring.

On my way through
the true ending dungeon now. Fun times.

Dantis

I always knew both Adachi and the person from the gas station were fishy. Boring.

On my way through

The overall plot is crap, particularly the true ending. The game is interesting because of everything around the main story.

Trigger

On my way through

I actually forgot about the gas station attendant my first time through. I was pretty surprised when it turns out he is a female goddess, lol.

Noi

Shit, I got overconfident and ended up wasting hours of progress. I was on a roll of destroying things in Secret Base, got the Research ID and went back up a floor... then got destroyed by a monster's opening move. Made me remember that I'm still on V. Hard. ._.

rocK`

Banned
Man - if we're talking about twists...I was really hoping for

that kid that always runs past you during early morning -> to school

to have done it.

cj_iwakura

The day that I properly get around to playing/beating Innocent Sin, I at least won't be stuck waiting for a PSP localization that won't come.

8437450802_14d5d59e09_z.jpg

(Not pictured, P3:FES that's on loan to my BFF.)

I should get Revelations: Persona to complete the set, but I don't care for P1 that much. ._.

You have EP PS1, you'll be fine. Go play Innocent Sin!

(And I have Revelations, can't bear to part with it for historical significance.)

Reclaimer

This is my first Persona game. I'm loving it. Should I play P3P next? Or is this the tip top of the series? (I can't imagine it much better than this!)

This is my first Persona game. I'm loving it. Should I play P3P next? Or is this the tip top of the series? (I can't imagine it much better than this!)

Yes, definitely give P3P a go. In my opinion, it's not as good as P4, but still a dang fine game in its own right. Plus you basically get two stories with the male and female protagonists!

Noi

You have EP PS1, you'll be fine. Go play Innocent Sin!

(And I have Revelations, can't bear to part with it for historical significance.)

I will! I bought Innocent Sin right around the time when my PSP was starting to crap out on me with a loose UMD drive, so it became a pain to play UMD discs. I bought Innocent Sin last month on PSN, so I'll play it on my Vita soon enough.

Though between Devil Summoner 2, Digital Devil Saga 1&2, both P2s and still finishing P4G, I have my plate full!

Tiu Neo

Got the platinum. I feel empty now. Anyway, P4 has certanly become one of mu favorite games.

Not sure if I play P3P now or take a small break from Persona. Fire Emblem is coming too, and there's also Ni no Kuni waiting to be played...

Squire

Banned
Imagine if
Nanako
had been the killer.

Would've been all worth it for a badass shadow Persona summoning cut-in.

"I'll put you to rest... big bro."

If a proper P4 sequel needs to happen, I think
an older Nanako
would be an interesting choice for the MC.

I actually just got around to beating the game a few days ago, it was really good, but I'm not sure if I like it more than 3. After playing Fes and Portable I do wish there was a version that combined being able to explore the world map/The Answer from Fes and direct party control/card system like in Portable.

Side note over, yeah Golden was great, but there's one thing I have to comment on.
/end game spoilers/
The gas station attendant? Really? Talk about a huge case of Chekhov's Gunman

Top Bottom