• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I can't handle the cuteness.
ibcyqf2XYJWWCD.png

The best one there is oddly enough, the Naoto one.

Oh and, the Yukiko and Teddie ones with the added active camo.

Squire

Banned
Again, maya had more depth. I'm not sure why we're missing each other here...

You're saying
Nanako
has no depth. She's basically a blank slate. I'm saying that's exactly why she'd work as the silent MC of a P4 sequel because every MC in the series except for Maya is the exact same way.

We clear?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
HLJ actually gives you shipping for in stock items, unlike most of those sites. It's 780 yen if you got all 4. 580 for just one.

I'm only getting the one and it costs more to ship it via the other options than SAL, which is crazy. I'm not gonna spend more to ship it. :p

johnsmith

remember me
Well, sal is cheaper because it's really really slow. 3-4 weeks for me to the US, usually. EMS is less than a week. I always do SAL if I can because I don't mind waiting.

Nuklear

Banned
Do you guys think instead of P5 they do a direct sequel to 4 first? 4 seems to have a very popular set of characters(I love them at least) and it would sell very very well for them.

FluxWaveZ

Do you guys think instead of P5 they do a direct sequel to 4 first? 4 seems to have a very popular set of characters(I love them at least) and it would sell very very well for them.

The direct sequel to 4 is Persona 4 Arena. The devs have said so themselves.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Finally done.
True ending's post-time skip scenes are awesome, and the credits song is amazing. I need more Persona right now :(

Dantis

The main team is already working on P5. They have been doing since Catherine.

The direct sequel to 4 is Persona 4 Arena. The devs have said so themselves.

But it's not really. It's a spinoff.

rocK`

Banned
You're saying
Nanako
has no depth. She's basically a blank slate. I'm saying that's exactly why she'd work as the silent MC of a P4 sequel because every MC in the series except for Maya is the exact same way.

We clear?

Nope - but I'll disengage seeing as we're going on a tangent.

Having no depth != blank slate.

It's a bad slate.

Chie is still available, along with Teddie, Yukiko, and Rise.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=all&Word=persona+taito+mini&x=0&y=0

Just ordered Teddie and Yukiko because I might as well complete the set despite having the nendos.

Oh damn, so tempting.

Sure, but when the Persona Team say themselves that Persona 4 Arena is a true sequel to Persona 4 in terms of narrative, I don't know if being a spin-off or not matters.

This.

Finally done.

Great game, my favorite JRPG after FF6.

I love seeing this kind of reaction to P4 :)

JudgeN

Finished game with true ending and it is now one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

Hmm team Naoto or team Yukiko can't decide who i thought was hotter.

Tiu Neo

Started P3P, but something in it bothered me. Moved to 3 FES, and I'm loving it right now.

They really need to make a P3 Vita with 4 Golden mechanic improvements, and FES contents, plus FemMC.

Trigger

Started P3P, but something in it bothered me. Moved to 3 FES, and I'm loving it right now.

They really need to make a P3 Vita with 4 Golden mechanic improvements, and FES contents, plus FemMC.

I hope not. That would be what, four versions of one game? lol, Atlus needs to move on to P5.

I've kind of resigned this game to being my summer game this year. Been trying to find the time for it, but it's hard to only play it for a half hour, hour at a time.

It will be interesting to see how the daily voice of the people feature has changed from when I played it at release to near a year after release (unless everything is still 'talk to Marie').

Squire

Banned
What bothered you? this seems pretty weird.

What's weird about it? The presentation of the game is lobotomized in P3P. Static backgrounds, point-and-click navigation, no anime cutscenes, no in-game cutscenes.

Yeah, you lose a lot in P3P. I just started FES myself and it's eye-openingly better. I'd love it on Vita, too, but we've waited for P5 long enough.

Squire

Banned
I'm glad they halted. I totally respect P3P and I'm sure at the time, (hell, right now) just the fact it's a portable version of probably one of the best RPGs in the past twenty years was enough. But after some time with FES, the losses are really tangible.

Jayhawk

When deciding whether to play P3P or P3FES, I figured I'd be more annoyed by being unable to control my party compared to missing out on cutscenes and some of the backgrounds that I can check out on YouTube. Thus, I picked P3P and watched YouTube clips from P3FES in tandem.

Jintor

I played FES

then I played P3P

this is in the span of about three weeks so I've played a looooooooot of Persona recently

also I finished golden three times before then? so yeah

persona's pretty good yo

Squire

Banned
Persona's great! I'm 4-5 hours into FES. Can't play for the long stretches I would for P4G with the game on my TV. Saving in three slots is a little tedious, too :/

Persona's great! I'm 4-5 hours into FES. Can't play for the long stretches I would for P4G with the game on my TV. Saving in three slots is a little tedious, too :/

I only had one save file deleted over the course of 90ish hours. I would rather play FES due to the contexts, just losses the gameplay IMO with the static backgrounds and characters in P3P. But I will get beat through the FeMC.

Tiu Neo

What bothered you? this seems pretty weird.

Eh, I don't know, it felt... like Persona Lite. Probably wouldn't bother me that much if I hadn't come directly from Persona 4.

I hope not. That would be what, four versions of one game? lol, Atlus needs to move on to P5.

Yes, of course, P5 comes first :p But if they have a few resources free, full P3PFES wouldn't be a bad choice.

When deciding whether to play P3P or P3FES, I figured I'd be more annoyed by being unable to control my party compared to missing out on cutscenes and some of the backgrounds that I can check out on YouTube. Thus, I picked P3P and watched YouTube clips from P3FES in tandem.

I thought that too. I was wrong, being unable to control my party hasn't bothered my at all, at least on the first few hours.

Jintor

I thought that too. I was wrong, being unable to control my party hasn't bothered my at all, at least on the first few hours.

It gets pretty pissy when you start running into enemies with repel abilities or other boss gimmicks and your dumbass party members attack instead of using dis-charms or whatever

Oh yeah and because FES's system takes a turn to stand up it's possible to lose three turns to your party members being complete idiots

I have to wonder if the AI contributed much to people feeling less of a connection to P3's cast because their AI were all braindead morons

Tiu Neo

It gets pretty pissy when you start running into enemies with repel abilities or other boss gimmicks and your dumbass party members attack instead of using dis-charms or whatever

Oh yeah and because FES's system takes a turn to stand up it's possible to lose three turns to your party members being complete idiots

I have to wonder if the AI contributed much to people feeling less of a connection to P3's cast because their AI were all braindead morons

Hahaha, they already did some pretty stupid things, but for now it's pretty manageable. I really like what I saw from the cast right now, but it's too early to say anything about them.

Btw, is it normal to get too tired after just a couple floors? Should I rush to the boss floor and grind a bit there, doing 1-2 floors every few days ok?

Top Bottom