• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Still, gotta love Yosuke. Pretty good character.

Shame he seems to get a bit of heat because of some of his actions.

Every member has bits of assholism in them, but they would all die for each other, they are all true friends by the end, you can't really argue that.

Guess Who

Banned
Still, gotta love Yosuke. Pretty good character.

Shame he seems to get a bit of heat because of some of his actions.

When Chie was like
seriously Yosuke stop being a dick to Kanji that stuff is not cool
I just wanted to high-five her.

Yosuke's a likable character for the most part but damn did that get old. Even worse in Arena.
Afraid he's going to rape you, dude? Seriously?

I did manage to correctly navigate around the bad end my first time, but I didn't know about the true ending. The actions required to reach it are a bit unintuitive.

When Chie was like
seriously Yosuke stop being a dick to Kanji that stuff is not cool
I just wanted to high-five her.

Yosuke's a likable character for the most part but damn did that get old. Even worse in Arena.
Afraid he's going to rape you, dude? Seriously?

But Yosuke is a dick to everyone why is Kanji the only one he is being called out for? Likewise, Chie is a dick to Yosuke and physically hits him. Everyone has moments like that, the only one who doesn't really is Naoto, Kanji acts like a total dick to Rise.

Trigger

But Yosuke is a dick to everyone why is Kanji the only one he is being called out for? Likewise, Chie is a dick to Yosuke and physically hits him. Everyone has moments like that, the only one who doesn't really is Naoto, Kanji acts like a total dick to Rise.

Yosuke gets more flack because his brand of dickishness regarding Kanji tends to hit on the sensitive topic of homosexuality. It doesn't bother me because as you noted before he's a dick to everyone and they all do genuinely care for each other in the end. I can understand why it bothers some people; especially if you consider that some fans still interpret Kanji as possibly being bisexual.

Guess Who

Banned

There's problems with how he acts towards a few other characters too, particularly anyone and everyone with a vagina, but his attitude towards Kanji seems to be the most played up. Yosuke mocking Kanji was constant and emphasized and frankly not funny. Chie acting like a dick to Yosuke was more often than not in retaliation to him being a dick to her. And off the top of my head I don't remember Kanji being a dick to Rise? And the strange thing is this post doesn't even come close to the number of times I've said "dick" consecutively.

Ostinatto

im in the sauna dungeon, on very hard dificulty, im trying to farm some xp cuz the monsters 1shot me , so im farming in the first floor, but im getting out of mana, ¿ there is a easy way to replenish my health and mana, without sleeping in my house? thanks.

Trigger

im in the sauna dungeon, on very hard dificulty, im trying to farm some xp cuz the monsters 1shot me , so im farming in the first floor, but im getting out of mana, ¿ there is a easy way to replenish my health and mana, without sleeping in my house? thanks.

No, not really. The SOS feature is your best bet. The SP limit is supposed to be an anti-grinding mechanism. You'll get the ability to replenish SP in exchange for cash later.

Tamanon

Banned

If you're in the sauna, then the Fox should be there to talk to. Otherwise, 1st floor of the first dungeon usually has 50 SP items.

Sophia

wait

i can go to yukiko castle again?

how? :D

Talk to Chie or Yukiko in the lobby area. You should be able to one shot the enemies on the lower floor and farm shuffle time for money and SP. Some of the mobs also drop SP restoring items, as do the chests.

Ostinatto

Talk to Chie or Yukiko in the lobby area. You should be able to one shot the enemies on the lower floor and farm shuffle time for money and SP. Some of the mobs also drop SP restoring items, as do the chests.

adachi is the only one in the lobby, how can i get chie in there?

edit: lol i just found a funky student in the school, what's up with him? xD

Nuklear

Banned
wait

i can go to yukiko castle again?

how? :D

Beware of the
bonus Shadow boss. His Rampage puts out a truckload of DPS that your party will be lucky to survive unless you are over-leveled. Thankfully you can go an entire fight sometimes without him using it

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Fiiiiinally completed my Golden playthrough. It feels so good coming back to this game since it was released way back on the PS2.

Got the True Ending and Epilogue. Man, I have never smiled and laughed so much at a game in my entire life. I love it.

You are forever in my heart P4G.

vyoc8ix.gif

Noi

And Shadow
Naoto
goes down on my first attempt. Pretty rough, but waaaaay easier than the Void Quest boss before it.

Sorry Kanji, your ass is finally getting dumped from the party. :( You've been more useful than in my vanilla P4 playthrough though!

Secret Lab beaten at 66:33, level 45. I'm sure a certain someone is waaaay higher than I am. >_>

Alec

I'm on my second playthrough, 96 hours and just got Naoto. Fused Izanagi-no-Okami and GOT DAYUM is he beastly. How are people building him?

I missed the second athlete-exlusive book so I'm going to have to go into a third playthrough for the platinum. :(

Started the anime...laughed out loud at the callbacks to the game. Fantastic.

Squire

Banned
I'm on my second playthrough, 96 hours and just got Naoto. Fused
Izanagi-no-Okami
and GOT DAYUM is he beastly. How are people building him?

I missed the second athlete-exlusive book so I'm going to have to go into a third playthrough for the platinum. :(

Started the anime...laughed out loud at the callbacks to the game. Fantastic.

^Spoiler tag that, please.

Trigger

I don't think that really qualifies as a spoiler either. The name doesn't have any real context for most new players and it doesn't reveal anything about the plot.

Sophia

And Shadow
Naoto
goes down on my first attempt. Pretty rough, but waaaaay easier than the Void Quest boss before it.

Sorry Kanji, your ass is finally getting dumped from the party. :( You've been more useful than in my vanilla P4 playthrough though!

Secret Lab beaten at 66:33, level 45. I'm sure a certain someone is waaaay higher than I am. >_>

You know in the time it took you to beat that boss I've not only finished P4G but have already cleared almost half of Persona 3 Portable? o_o

I'm 63 hours into my first play through on Hard, and it is mid-September. MC is level 59 and everyone else is mid 50s. I taking my time because I keep fusing and running out of money. Hard mode reduces the money you earn in battles, I should just aim for completing the Compendium in NG+, where I can just tweak the money rewards.

On the plus side, I've got Power/Mind Charge on a lot of Personas!

Noi

Just did the Concert. That part was nice. :) Laura Bailey singing is always nice~

Although,
putting Namatame in both scenes was not subtle at all,
heh.

Moaradin

Almost 80 hours in. I assume I'm near the end of the game. Playing the PS2 version. I just beat the
Heaven dungeon, and man that boss was a bitch. I would have wiped if I didn't have Tam Lin's Enduring Soul ability.
Man, such a fun game. I'm definitely going to watch the anime after this, and I'll probably end up playing Persona 3.

Which version of Persona 3 is the best? I heard Persona 4 evolved on some things so it might be weird regressing gameplay wise.

Trigger

Which version of Persona 3 is the best? I heard Persona 4 evolved on some things so it might be weird regressing gameplay wise.

Which could you make do without the most?

Direct party control? Then FES.
Anime cutscenes and overworld exploration? Then P3P.

FES also plays better on the PS2 if I understand previous discussions properly.

Almost 80 hours in. I assume I'm near the end of the game. Playing the PS2 version. I just beat the
Heaven dungeon, and man that boss was a bitch. I would have wiped if I didn't have Tam Lin's Enduring Soul ability.
Man, such a fun game. I'm definitely going to watch the anime after this, and I'll probably end up playing Persona 3.

If you want to stay as close to P4 as possible, Persona 3 Portable is the only way to go. It contains most of the upgraded system mechanics from 4 (like directly controllable party) as well as a few call-forwards to 4. It's presentation isn't as good as FES though and it lacks "The Answer" epilogue from the same, but it's your call really. Both are excellent games.

Jintor

My rec is play through FES on easy then Portable as a girl. Suffering through the command-party-members bullshit isn't too bad on easy because you can spec around it, and when you're down P3P's direct party control will be a freaking relief.

The 'hit square for teleport menu' is so good though. Mah gawd.

Moaradin

My rec is play through FES on easy then Portable as a girl. Suffering through the command-party-members bullshit isn't too bad on easy because you can spec around it, and when you're down P3P's direct party control will be a freaking relief.

The 'hit square for teleport menu' is so good though. Mah gawd.

Sounds like a good idea, thanks.

Jintor

Also a surprising amount is invested in P3 and P4's crude overworld animations that is totally lost in Visual novel format

RussellXV

Getting close to 100 hours, now into a 2nd playthrough. New to Persona. This game has made me a Persona addict. It got me to purchase both P4 Arena and P3 FES. I also picked up the incredible art book of P4 released by Udon. The anime is awesome as well, but I refuse to buy the Blu-ray sets since they're missing the JP track. I need more P4 things to buy!

OwlyKnees

Getting close to 100 hours, now into a 2nd playthrough. New to Persona. This game has made me a Persona addict. It got me to purchase both P4 Arena and P3 FES. I also picked up the incredible art book of P4 released by Udon. The anime is awesome as well, but I refuse to buy the Blu-ray sets since they're missing the JP track. I need more P4 things to buy!

That's the one benefit we get from having to wait longer for the blu-ray sets in Europe - dual audio tracks. Gives me an excuse to watch it twice, anyway.

Mazre

Got a copy of this for my birthday and the game is absolutely engrossing. Normally I play portable titles in shorter bursts but I've been picking up P4 and finding trouble putting it down hours later. My Ni no Kuni and XCOM campaigns have been completely disrupted.

Just made it to Kanji's arc and enjoying pretty much everything about the game: combat, social links, setting, characters, presentation. It's all really great.

I've generally ignored the SMT / Persona series for no particularly good reason in the past but that will no longer be the case going forward. As soon as the current backlog is tamed somewhat I plan on picking my way back through the series.

Buy this Disco Ninja Frog action figure. I did, and it was worth every penny. Best Persona who isn't Trismegistus.

Noi

Past the culture festival. I didn't really mind the additional animated cutscene for the amagi inn scene, though I could have done without
the cliche'd "breast jiggle" sound at the very end of it.
The rest is pretty much an animated version of the same thing that happens in the subsequent scene.

Eye'm ready to catch da killa.

johnsmith

remember me

More things to buy, you say? Start collecting figures. You'll never run out of stuff to buy.

And there's much much much more.

Dantis

Past the culture festival. I didn't really mind the additional animated cutscene for the amagi inn scene, though I could have done without
the cliche'd "breast jiggle" sound at the very end of it.
The rest is pretty much an animated version of the same thing that happens in the subsequent scene.

It's just dumb is all. Serves no purpose whatsoever.

Top Bottom