• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

What's a recommended build for Naoto? She gets so many skills that I dunno what to put on her.

Actual on-topic discussion? :eek:

I mostly used her as magic nuke. Her magic stat seemed slightly higher to me when I was playing. I kept the Ma-instakill skills, but not their respective boosts and mostly focused on having her buff the party and nuke enemies.

Noi

Yeah, the Hama/Mudo boosts don't seem as useful in P4G cause of the way they made those spells work now. I figure I'll be using Die for Me! and Samsara for dungeon clearing anyway, so those won't get much use.

johnsmith

remember me
put these together today.
i7TWmxWHdiMXB.jpg

I'm wondering what persona I should be shooting for. Right now I'm level 58 and making my way through the laboratory dungeon dungeon. I've got:

Tam lin lvl 59
Cu Chulainn lvl 53
Kali lvl 55
Niddhoggr lvl 59

and a few others in their forties. I've been going thought the fusion search and I don't see anything too impressive that I can do right now. Am I missing something? Is there a godly persona or skill I should be fusing for?

Tamanon

Banned
I'm wondering what persona I should be shooting for. Right now I'm level 58 and making my way through the laboratory dungeon dungeon. I've got:

Tam lin lvl 59
Cu Chulainn lvl 53
Kali lvl 55
Niddhoggr lvl 59

and a few others in their forties. I've been going thought the fusion search and I don't see anything too impressive that I can do right now. Am I missing something? Is there a godly persona or skill I should be fusing for?

Take a look at some of the quad fusions, since they won't show up unless you have all those personas already.

Maxim726X

Okay, so now that I've received what I believe to be the 'True Ending', how do I access the
final dungeon that I read opens up?

It was a blind playthrough, so I did not max out all of my social links.

FluxWaveZ

Okay, so now that I've received what I believe to be the 'True Ending', how do I access the
final dungeon that I read opens up?

It was a blind playthrough, so I did not max out all of my social links.

The final dungeon is
Yomotsu Hirasaka
, the one following
Izanami's
reveal. The extra dungeon in P4G is
Marie's, which is only available if you max her Social Link
. Finishing this dungeon unlocks the game's epilogue.

ZeroAKA

I just spent an hour trying to catch a Sea Guardian for the Hermit Social Link. I've never had any problems with the fishing minigame before that. >.>"

I somehow managed to "catch" that sign almost every time I loaded up my save file.

Man, I wish that I could own some of those cute, tiny figures. Thing is, I'm too embarrassed to have something like that...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of douchebag that says stuff like, "why would anybody like this shit, what's wrong with you". I guess I'm like Kanji and I really like cute stuff, but I don't want people to see me like that.

Reminds me of a guy I worked with in Japan, he was a mean, old, grizzled, badass guy - but he drank out of a pink anime mug (maybe Sailor Moon? I can't remember). He rocked that shit, he didn't give a fuck what anybody thought. Yeah, I want to be like that, someday...

How could anyone focus on games in that room?! lol

Yeah, with all those sick ass swords :p

I just spent an hour trying to catch a Sea Guardian for the Hermit Social Link. I've never had any problems with the fishing minigame before that. >.>"

I somehow managed to "catch" that sign almost every time I loaded up my save file.

Yeah, I think that it's a mandatory first loot :)

It seems to be 80% of the time for me. I actually found a Sea Guardian on the first try on one of my reloads.

Nice. Hey, you can fish up multiple Sea Guardians (Guardians too, I think) and feed them to that cat in the floodplain for the Cat Needs Food Badly quest. I think both will complete the quest in one shot. You can also eat both of these for SP recovery.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Man, I wish that I could own some of those cute, tiny figures. Thing is, I'm too embarrassed to have something like that...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some kind of douchebag that says stuff like, "why would anybody like this shit, what's wrong with you". I guess I'm like Kanji and I really like cute stuff, but I don't want people to see me like that.

Reminds me of a guy I worked with in Japan, he was a mean, old, grizzled, badass guy - but he drank out of a pink anime mug (maybe Sailor Moon? I can't remember). He rocked that shit, he didn't give a fuck what anybody thought. Yeah, I want to be like that, someday...

Ohhhh just go through it and buy one.

johnsmith

remember me

Did you not learn anything from Kanji about what it means to be a real man?
ibjrkBNmNrYk2h.jpg

Noi

Rise casting random buffs during the whole fight with
Kunino-sagiri

iCYglEJ3wOSXd.gif

Edit: At least, until he one shot my MC with a Dyne spell despite having Def up. Damn. ._.

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
Did you not learn anything from Kanji about what it means to be a real man?
ibjrkBNmNrYk2h.jpg

uWyU9zI.jpg

Is that a new Nendoroid!??!?! Is it up for pre-order, do they still stock it?!??!??!?!?! Where can I get one omfg I am freaking out.

Also, we.are.the.armada, just get it! :D I'm sorry you feel like you can't get certain things because of how fucked up masculinity and the patriarchy are. Just go for it!

johnsmith

remember me
Is that a new Nendoroid!??!?! Is it up for pre-order, do they still stock it?!??!??!?!?! Where can I get one omfg I am freaking out.

Also, we.are.the.armada, just get it! :D I'm sorry you feel like you can't get certain things because of how fucked up masculinity and the patriarchy are. Just go for it!

They aren't nendoroids, but the style is very similar. Though they are smaller and not poseable. They are prize figures by Taito. I got the whole set from hlj, but only half of them are still available, and Kanji is one of the sold out ones, so you'll have to look elsewhere to complete the set.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=all&Word=taito+mini+persona&x=0&y=0

Oh, looks like plamoya has them for a decent price.
http://plamoya.com/en/persona-4-minikko-figure-vol1-chie-satonaka-yuu-narukami-yousuke-p-66430.html
http://plamoya.com/en/persona-4-minikko-figure-vol2-kanji-tatsumi-naoto-shirogane-rise-p-66512.html

Mr. Shankly

Neo Member
They aren't nendoroids, but the style is very similar. Though they are smaller and not poseable. They are prize figures by Taito. I got the whole set from hlj, but only half of them are still available, and Kanji is one of the sold out ones, so you'll have to look elsewhere to complete the set.
http://www.hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?GenreCode2=all&Word=taito+mini+persona&x=0&y=0

Oh, looks like plamoya has them for a decent price.
http://plamoya.com/en/persona-4-minikko-figure-vol1-chie-satonaka-yuu-narukami-yousuke-p-66430.html
http://plamoya.com/en/persona-4-minikko-figure-vol2-kanji-tatsumi-naoto-shirogane-rise-p-66512.html
omg thank you john! I am about to place my order I am so excited. Kanji is one of my favorite characters I love him so much.
Also, I am curious O: what is your collection of figures like?

Maxim726X

Okay, so after getting the 'bad' ending, then getting the 'normal' ending and 'true' ending (with some help), I apparently missed the epilogue... I think? I'm not really sure. Is there one? Again, I tried to go into the game with as little background knowledge as possible, and I'm glad I did- What a great experience. Truly an amazing game.

Clocked 52 hours in my first playthrough, but I did a pretty shitty job with the social links, I guessed. I maxed out every party member (sans Naoto), Yumi, Dojima, and Nanako.

So, I come for advice- Should I continue the current playthrough and attempt to unlock as many Persona as possible before starting a new game? I JUST read about the
'Accomplice' ending... Which I guess I would have to do if I want to get all the Persona
. I'm still hankering for some more P4, but I'm really not sure if I'm ready to go through the ENTIRE game again to max out the S-links... Is there any benefit to doing so?

Trigger

Okay, so after getting the 'bad' ending, then getting the 'normal' ending and 'true' ending (with some help), I apparently missed the epilogue... I think? I'm not really sure. Is there one? Again, I tried to go into the game with as little background knowledge as possible, and I'm glad I did- What a great experience. Truly an amazing game.

Clocked 52 hours in my first playthrough, but I did a pretty shitty job with the social links, I guessed. I maxed out every party member (sans Naoto), Yumi, Dojima, and Nanako.

So, I come for advice- Should I continue the current playthrough and attempt to unlock as many Persona as possible before starting a new game? I JUST read about the
'Accomplice' ending... Which I guess I would have to do if I want to get all the Persona
. I'm still hankering for some more P4, but I'm really not sure if I'm ready to go through the ENTIRE game again to max out the S-links... Is there any benefit to doing so?

You don't need to get the Accomplice ending to max the Compendium. Adachi's S. Link transforms into Hunger at Rank 8 and maxes in the true ending path. The persona unlocked, Magatsu-Izanagi, is then available whenever you want to fuse him. The same persona is award if you max the S. Link as Jester in the accomplice ending. No replay necessary unless you failed to get the link to max in the true ending path.

If you haven't done the bonus dungeon and bosses then it's certainly easier on a NG+ where you can adjust the settings. It'll be easier to snatch up any other trophies you've missed too.

Noi

Managed to kill 3 Luxury Hands at once in
Heaven...
Holy crap, enough EXP to almost level me up twice. And that's WITH the V. Hard EXP reduction.

Shame that it's the only one I've gotten in hours. How does Buddha get so lucky? >_>

Managed to kill 3 Luxury Hands at once in
Heaven...
Holy crap, enough EXP to almost level me up twice. And that's WITH the V. Hard EXP reduction.

Shame that it's the only one I've gotten in hours. How does Buddha get so lucky? >_>

That is such a good feeling. They really amped up the amount of hands in this game.

Moaradin

End of the game spoilers!
Wow, so apparently I triggered the true ending by accident? Can the game really end when everyone is confronting Namatame?

Trigger

End of the game spoilers!
Wow, so apparently I triggered the true ending by accident? Can the game really end when everyone is confronting Namatame?

Yes, bad ending:
everyone shoves him into the TV if you don't stop them. Nanako dies and the world is plunged into fog presumably.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I did two playthroughs and had about 130 hours or so.

Missed the book trophy for the plat... I'll get to it eventually. I'm just burnt out on the game right now.

Curufinwe

If you have nothing to do in the game but get the book trophy, and you skip and fast forward everything else, I think you could get it in maybe 25 hours. That still sucks, but it could be worse.

Top Bottom