• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

Just got some questions about how to progress:

I've just had Teddie turn into human form and about to start exams (mid-term?)
How long have I got to go?
The reason I ask is I want to priortise my social links.
So far I maxed out fellow athletes, and Yosuke and Yukiko aren't far off.
How should I priortise the rest of s.links?
Also is there any reason to stray outside of Yosuke/Yukiko/Chie for my party?
I feel like I'm covering all bases here

Cheers!

1) You're not even half-way through.

2)Your friends are available from beginning to end so priotize based on who you like. It is also worth noting that party members gain an evade elemental skill to cover their weakness and some good abilities from maxing their s. link, so if you're really not sure than focus on who you use in combat.

3)Teddie, Kanji, and the others all bring something good to the table, but the Yu/Yosuke/Chie/Yukiko paradigm is intentionally made rock-solid. You'll never need to stray unless you're just bored.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The cutscenes are a major reason I've loved P4G usually unexpected and always great on the Vita screen. Are the two games different enough that I would want to play both? Or are they so similar minus combat that I really would just want to play one?
I say this over and over again, but the female protagonist just has the better story and character interactions. That alone makes the PSP version the better one to play, even if you forget the gameplay improvements.

Meanwhile, ShopTo have shipped my EU version of Persona 4 Gold. I might get it tomorrow, definitely by Thursday. Either way, hype!

Also, anyone going to do an EU OT?

It looks like a photoshop to me. Almost as terrifying as something from buddha0991's archives...

tumblr_mayd5qsZ071rd3kkno1_500.png

I don't even know.

Omikaru

Every fanbase that finds its way to Tumblr is weird. I remember trawling it for leaks back when the Legend of Korra was airing... Oh god. I think I'm suffering with PTSD from that phase in my life.

Jintor

Every fanbase that finds its way to Tumblr is weird. I remember trawling it for leaks back when the Legend of Korra was airing... Oh god. I think I'm suffering with PTSD from that phase in my life.

But Omi, don't you want to see those beautiful Tarlokk/Korra/Amon three-ways

Just made it to the November dungeon
Heaven
Last night. I might be over leveled on this Hard playthrough though, MC at 86 and everyone in mid 70s.

I've got the Investigation Team wearing the Featherman uniforms, loving the poses and quotes. I'd post pics but I'm on my iPhone right now. What clothes do you guys have the Team wear? Prior to Featherman, MC and Yukiko always wore the Gag Glasses, Chie wore the
Bruce Lee yellow jumpsuit
, Kanji wore his Speedo, Naoto wore the Agent Suit, and Yosuke and Teddie wore their default.

Edit: not really spoilers, I suppose.

I had Brotagonist and Brosuke wear the Ouendan outfits because Ouendan for the DS is mega bomba, and Teddie and Yukiko wear the cheerleader outfits because they're hilarious.

On my second playthrough, Chie wore the Fighter Armor because I'm messed up, Kanji wore the Butler outfit with the table weapon because I love a good visual pun, and Naoto wear her Halloween costume because she's always my waifu. Brotagonist wore the Ouendan outfit again because 1, 2! 1-2-3! 1-2-3-4! NIPPON!

Jintor

I still don't really understand why the coronet armour exists, but it has official soejima art of it so dantis HAS to accept its existence right

I still don't really understand why the coronet armour exists, but it has official soejima art of it so dantis HAS to accept its existence right

I don't even know why. The high cut armor in 3 was the same shit, but even though it was dumb fanservice, it didn't feel as...well...disgusting there for some odd reason.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I hate both songs.

Hit point kaifuku suru nara kizugusuri toh hohgyoku deh

Hinshi taihen nakama oh tasukeru jigaeshi noh tama toh hangonkoh

Sekka kaifuku dis-stone

Doku deh itai yoh dis-poison

Mahi shitah toki wa dis-paralyze deh

Byohki oh naosoh dis-sick

Itsumoh tatakau min-na noh mikata

Bokurah noh machi noh ohkusuriya sah nn

Yeah, I copy and pasted that lol.

So when is the last day to max social links? Also,
can I fight Margaret in my first playthrough?

I finally found the name of that one song I like in this whole game: smile. I was wondering why this wasn't on my ipod, but I realized I never ripped the b side of the soundtrack.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So when is the last day to max social links? Also,
can I fight Margaret in my first playthrough?

I finally found the name of that one song I like in this whole game: smile. I was wondering why this wasn't on my ipod, but I realized I never ripped the b side of the soundtrack.

December 22nd is the date you should aim for, if you want to get the Christmas event that is.

No, only on a NG+ can you fight Large Marge

Curufinwe

There is also
a whole month after New Year's Day to level up S.Links. It makes maxing all of them on your first playthru possible without strictly following a guide.

Dr Dogg

Well like a plonker completely forgot that in my excitement I pre-ordered an EU copy, which I forgot to cancel when I imported it from Canada. So greeting me when I got home was a shiny new copy of a game I'm still plodding my way through. Oh well at least it has separate trophy lists from the NA version if a form of OCD kicks in and I feel like going through it twice.

December 22nd is the date you should aim for, if you want to get the Christmas event that is.

No, only on a NG+ can you fight Large Marge
I see. I have 13 more links to max which most are them are around 8 or 9. Except for Emperor which is at 2. Probably won't make it on that date. Probably shouldn't have used most of the time at night to read books.

If not, I guess I have this:
a whole month after New Year's Day to level up S.Links. It makes maxing all of them on your first playthru possible without strictly following a guide.

Thanks guys.

Omikaru

Well like a plonker completely forgot that in my excitement I pre-ordered an EU copy, which I forgot to cancel when I imported it from Canada. So greeting me when I got home was a shiny new copy of a game I'm still plodding my way through. Oh well at least it has separate trophy lists from the NA version if a form of OCD kicks in and I feel like going through it twice.

You shouldn't have told me this. Trophies make the experience feel new and fresh again, so now I can re-live the magic once more!

Also, to EU Persona 4 fans getting P4G on PSN or in the mail this week: welcome!

Well I'm picking up Persona 4 Golden tomorrow and for a guy who never played any SMT or Persona games... Any tips? How hard is the game? I'm hyped in any case :)

Dantis

WHAT.

RENTAL HERE I COME.

THREE PERSONA TROPHY LISTS FOR DAN OOOOOH YEEEEEEEEAH!

Trigger

Well I'm picking up Persona 4 Golden tomorrow and for a guy who never played any SMT or Persona games... Any tips? How hard is the game? I'm hyped in any case :)

Do you play a lot of RPGs? You might want to start on one of the easier difficulties. Otherwise just jump in. lol, there's always someone here to answer the questions that pop up.

Tamanon

Banned

I'd suggest either Normal or Easy to start. And just remember, it's okay to fuse and get rid of Personas. Newer ones have better abilities and better stats. It's not quite like Pokemon in that respect where just leveling is sufficient.

Also, don't stress out about missing anything, just enjoy the story for your first playthrough.

Well I used to play a lot of RPGs. Nowdays I play shooters and adventure games (read shorter games) but I wish I played more RPGs but time is limiting factor :(

What is a difference between Normal and Easy? Also do I have to "catch" more than one Persona so I can fuse them or?

Oh and I never played Pokemon /ashamed
don't like grinding and I play mostly for the story

Tamanon

Banned
Well I used to play a lot of RPGs. Nowdays I play shooters and adventure games (read shorter games) but I wish I played more RPGs but time is limiting factor :(

What is a difference between Normal and Easy? Also do I have to "catch" more than one Persona so I can fuse them or?

Oh and I never played Pokemon /ashamed
don't like grinding and I play mostly for the story

Easy allows for more retries if you lose a battle or die, and the Shadows deal a little less damage.

You'll be introduced shortly into the game to a way to get Personas back, so fuse them away.

Worst thing is I kinda feel "gimped" because I never played Persona 3 and I've heard that it is really hard to "get into" it after you've played 4

Trigger

So I just beat
Adachi
and I'm into the new year. How many hours do I have left to play or am I near the end?

Did you
max Aeon before doing that? That unlocks the bonus dungeon which adds an hour or so of gameplay.
I agree with the 10hr estimate.

Top Bottom