• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

I'm still at the point where she has the drawback of draining a shitload of SP, even more than in the original game. As this becomes less of an issue I can see that becoming the case yeah.

Shield of Justice makes every late game boss trivial. They should have come up with a bigger drawback.

Trigger

so, it's 2/5, when does the story continue?

also, is it possible to get the sea guardian with no rain?

1)
Did you max Marie's link before defeating Adachi? Yes? Then you'll have to wait for the 13th when the bonus dungeon opens up. No? Then on the final day in March you can unlock the true ending dungeon (visit the food court after saying goodbye to you maxed links).

2) Yes, just make sure to save beforehand and reel back in the bait if you don't get the right kind of ripples.

So what are some overpowered persona to fuse late in the game(and skills suggestions too)? I know there's Yoshitune who was useful in the vanilla version. Anyone else?
I'm going to fight adachi
and would like to fuse an overly powerful persona for fun. I'm around level 75. I've maxed every social link except for lovers(9), empress(1), story links, and emperor(5).

edit: shit, sorry

So what are some overpowered persona to fuse late in the game(and skills suggestions too)? I know there's Yoshitune who was useful in the vanilla version. Anyone else?
I'm going to fight adach
and would like to fuse an overly powerful persona for fun. I'm around level 75. I've maxed every social link except for lovers(9), empress(1), story links, and emperor(5).

Fix your spoiler, please.

To answer your question, Helel can't be beat when it comes to pure effectiveness. Salvation and Morning Star ensures you stay alive while they do the opposite.

Jswanko

So is there anyway of backing out of the optional dungeon once I've
entered the hollow forest
? Decided I dont want to do it any more.

Trigger

So is there anyway of backing out of the optional dungeon once I've
entered the hollow forest
? Decided I dont want to do it any more.

lol, but
not doing the dungeon means abandoning a young girl into oblivion. How awful. To answer the question: I don't think so.

Genki

So, this is my first SMT game. I picked hard, my arrogance could quite possibly be hurting me.
Barely
rescued Yukiko on the last possible day
, used up all my SP items. Most battles seem to drain a lot of SP. I only went into the TV twice, should I be doing it more? I'm lvl 12\12\11 now.

Trigger

The pacing is up to you. The first two dungeons are the hardest so make sure to make them a priority. Once you have gotten over that hump, the game gets very easy (even on hard).

Omikaru

On Normal you should be able to beat each dungeon in one day without much difficulty. You might be able to do this on Hard too, if you rank up your S.Link with a certain character (minor spoiler:
the fox
) because they allow you to spend money on full recovery, and considering the economy of P4G (you can get lots of cash from grinding) you could keep recovering indefinitely in one day if you've leveled up enough.

In general, though, 1-3 days is about the usual amount of time you'll be spending in each dungeon depending on the difficulty.

lawd.png
THIS GAME. THIS GAME!!!

FINALLY beat Shadow Mitsuo!! I was getting my ass served to me on a silver platter with a side of crow. I didn't want to look online for a strategy but I caved in and found an easy strategy that defeated him promptly. The subsequent celebration the party wanted just made me feel so good.
noah.png

Bog

Junior Ace
I just finished the Kanji rescue and I'm at like 20 hours in. I honestly can't get a feel for how long this game is. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm... 30% in? Anyone able to shed any light without spoiling much?

Astra

I just finished the Kanji rescue and I'm at like 20 hours in. I honestly can't get a feel for how long this game is. If I had to guess, I'd say I'm... 30% in? Anyone able to shed any light without spoiling much?

It took me near 100 hours (maybe a little more) my first time through on the PS2 version.
Depends on what difficulty you're playing on, and how much time you spend talking to NPCs, grinding in the dungeons and messing around with fusion.

The games is ~80 hours long if you're not rushing through it.

FluxWaveZ

Players typically take 50-80 hours through their first time in Persona 4 Golden, with the True Ending.

My final playtime with the True Ending and the epilogue on Normal was 76hr 50 having played the original game before.

Trigger

lol, more like 10%.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Any recommendations for a PS2 Persona 4 Player that got max everything?

Is an Izanagi run fun at all (In this case keeping Izanagi in the group at all times to level him up and stat boost with the new options)? Having less potential fusion material Persona and Persona to level Social Links would kind of suck though :S

Any recommendations for a PS2 Persona 4 Player that got max everything?

Is an Izanagi run fun at all (In this case keeping Izanagi in the group at all times to level him up and stat boost with the new options)? Having less potential fusion material Persona and Persona to level Social Links would kind of suck though :S

Go for an Izanagi Bros. run (only Izanagi and Izanagi-no-Okami) and challenge
Margaret
for extra fun.

Trigger

An Izanagi run is just fine in Golden thanks to all the skill upgrade and stat cards. I did it easily and found Izanagi to be consistently stronger than everyone else. I can't remember how much of that was in the original however. Without those it wouldn't be very viable (unless you used a lot of fusion trickery).

Cornbread78

OK, two part question here.

On my second run through now. I got a good ending, I'm guessing after
saving Marie, then saying goodbye and jumping on the train in March

- is there more than that?
- If so, is the only way to get the true ending to have all of your S-Links maxed?

Also, does it matter if you join the Soccer team, or the basketball team? I did B-Ball the first time, but was think about doing Soccer the 2nd time to switch things up.

Tamanon

Banned
OK, two part question here.

On my second run through now. I got a good ending, I'm guessing after
saving Marie, then saying goodbye and jumping on the train in March

- is there more than that?
- If so, is the only way to get the true ending to have all of your S-Links maxed?

Also, does it matter if you join the Soccer team, or the basketball team? I did B-Ball the first time, but was think about doing Soccer the 2nd time to switch things up.

Yah, there's more than that. On the last day.....
Don't go back home, just talk to everyone in the city, especially your S-links. Then go to Junes. It'll start things from there to the final, final dungeon/boss/ending.

And you do not need all S-links maxed for the True Ending.

Soccer and Basketball are different stories, no real gameplay impact, but they cover much different ground between the two. The same with Drama vs Band.

Cornbread78

Yah, there's more than that. On the last day.....
Don't go back home, just talk to everyone in the city, especially your S-links. Then go to Junes. It'll start things from there to the final, final dungeon/boss/ending.

And you do not need all S-links maxed for the True Ending.

Soccer and Basketball are different stories, no real gameplay impact, but they cover much different ground between the two. The same with Drama vs Band.

That's weird, because I did that but nothing happened really, it was just another stop to say hi to a couple of peeps. Does that have to be your final stop? The game prompted me where to go with everyone else.... after that, it put me into the scene
where you say goodbye to everyone outside the train station, then you jump on the train and everyone runs alongside it
. Is there another ending?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

If you are going for the platinum/book trophy, pick Soccer. Basketball team has ridiculous conditions that you need to follow to grab the three books you get from that S-link, Soccer does not.

That's weird, because I did that but nothing happened really, it was just another stop to say hi to a couple of peeps. Does that have to be your final stop? The game prompted me where to go with everyone else.... after that, it put me into the scene
where you say goodbye to everyone outside the train station, then you jump on the train and everyone runs alongside it
. Is there another ending?

Yes.
When it tells you to go home (after you've talked to everyone), don't. Instead, go to Junes and fight the game until it lets you go back to the cafeteria.

Cornbread78

If you are going for the platinum/book trophy, pick Soccer. Basketball team has ridiculous conditions that you need to follow to grab the three books you get from that S-link, Soccer does not.

Will do, I went with Act/Basketball the first play-through anyhow, so it would be good to see a new view.

Yes.
When it tells you to go home (after you've talked to everyone), don't. Instead, go to Junes and fight the game until it lets you go back to the cafeteria.

Oh, I got ya, I didn't do that.... I guess I have something to look forward to in another 100 hours or so, lol.

Squire

Banned

Wait, really? So then how does Soccer handle the books?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Wait, really? So then how does Soccer handle the books?

He will just call you on the days to hang out/study no matter what the rank is, unlike soccer. At least according to the guide. I'm pretty sure I remember vanilla being like that too.

Cornbread78

He will just call you on the days to hang out/study no matter what the rank is, unlike soccer. At least according to the guide. I'm pretty sure I remember vanilla being like that too.

shit, he already called me and I skipped.... Am I screwed now? Im not looking for a third playrhrough...

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Astra

Oh man, Valentines day is kind of painful if you're dating more than one girl. I was rather disappointed by the lack of outrage.

All set for the final dungeon. I think I have seen all the extra content. I wish there was more, and that there was some with more significance, but I enjoyed it overall. I do enjoy fanservice, but that last hot springs scene did make me cringe.

Got all the books read, and social links completed, but missed out on just one quest. I completed the preceding quest on the final Saturday, so the next one didn't become available until the next day, and I needed access to the school for that. Ah well, next time.

Cornbread78

Oh man, Valentines day is kind of painful if you're dating more than one girl. I was rather disappointed by the lack of outrage.

All set for the final dungeon. I think I have seen all the extra content. I wish there was more, and that there was some with more significance, but I enjoyed it overall. I do enjoy fanservice, but that last hot springs scene did make me cringe.

Got all the books read, and social links completed, but missed out on just one quest. I completed the preceding quest on the final Saturday, so the next one didn't become available until the next day, and I needed access to the school for that. Ah well, next time.

I plan on haveing many of the ladies hangin' off of me, just for the Valentines day fun. I only want to keep Rise this time around, to go through the extra content with her.... but V day from all the other should be interesting...

Man,
Naoto's
Valentine's Day event is so boring compared to Chie's. So many feels in the latter.

Just out of curiosity, who does everyone think has the best Valentine's event? Not counting
Nanako's
of course, since
YOU HAVE NO CHOICE
was god-tier.

So what is a good persona setup to aim for, like which personas complement each other that I should look to have on my dude? I'm in my low 40's probably about to finish up the 4th(?) dungeon

any stuff I need to be watching out for that I might miss? I'll probably only do one playthrough for now considering how long this game is.

Astra

So what is a good persona setup to aim for, like which personas complement each other that I should look to have on my dude? I'm in my low 40's probably about to finish up the 4th(?) dungeon

any stuff I need to be watching out for that I might miss? I'll probably only do one playthrough for now considering how long this game is.

Depends on the difficulty level, but I always like to have one dedicated support persona, and one dedicated healer. With the way P4G does skill inheritance it is so much easier to make personae. I also have a dedicated heavy hitter, since I typically use physical attacks, along with buffs/debuffs and power charge to destroy bosses.

At your level, I think you should have access to plenty of persona that learn buffs that affect your entire party, and debuffs that affect all enemies. So I have one persona that knows most of those. Also good to have skills that nullify stat penalties on the party, as well as the skill to nullify stat buffs on the enemy.

Then I use the rest to cover all the elemental bases, and spend awhile making sure I have very few (or none at all) elemental weaknesses on the persona I have equipped the most for battle.
I usually only have one persona with mind/power charge, since you can charge up, and then switch out to the persona you want to attack with.

Really depends on your preference. However, I do suggest trying to fuse personas who learn a null element skill such as null fire. I think King Frost is the first with null fire. When I was around level 40, Oukuninushi was one of my mains along with black frost and Yamatano-Orochi.
Yamatano has to be one of the most broken personas early on since he blocks two elements. Let him inherit null fire and keep Green wall, and you have a persona who blocks every element early on(except light and dark). After you get him, the battles get a bit boring since you're just waiting for the bosses to run out of hp. So I got rid of him after the 3rd dungeon.
Oukuniushi has blade of fury that attacks all foes 2x to 4x and learns null wind. I also had another persona who had power charge so it made it even more deadly. Chie + blade of fury=easy victory. I've found physically skills to overpowered since they're also really useful to take down those golden hands
Black Frost: Fire amp+agiydne+mind charge is all you need. Really useful for the 4th dungeon's boss.

Of all I listed, I suggest Black Frost out of all of them.

Finally beat the game last night. So glad I finally got to experience Persona 4. Mantears were shed ;_;

Chie and Nanako looked so cute with their longer hair in the true ending! Nanako always reminded me of my own little cousin, and ended up looking almost exactly like her with long hair haha.

Top Bottom