• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Cornbread78

OK, 1 more 2nd play-through question:

It looks like all of my attributes are still maxed:

Courage: Heroic
Knowledge: Sage
Expression: Enthralling
Understanding: Saintly
Diligence: Rock Solid

With that being said, I should not have to study or do the Aiya "Meat Bowl" challange at all this time around, correct? I can spend that extra times doing extra S-Link work and reading books?

OK, 1 more 2nd play-through question:

It looks like all of my attributes are still maxed:

Courage: Heroic
Knowledge: Sage
Expression: Enthralling
Understanding: Saintly
Diligence: Rock Solid

With that being said, I should not have to study or do the Aiya "Meat Bowl" challange at all this time around, correct? I can spend that extra times doing extra S-Link work and reading books?

I'm told you need to eat at Aiya a certain number of times to get one of the books. There's also a trophy for actually finishing the meat bowl.

Noi

Keep in mind that for the aiya book, you just have to eat there a couple of times, whether it's the beef bowl or not. You can go to Aiya at night to not use up your daytime activity.

Man,
Naoto's
Valentine's Day event is so boring compared to Chie's. So many feels in the latter.

Just out of curiosity, who does everyone think has the best Valentine's event? Not counting
Nanako's
of course, since
YOU HAVE NO CHOICE
was god-tier.
What? I actually liked hers... And
Nanako's was the worst...except for that choice "It's give your big bro chocolate day."
Hanging out with the bros> all of them.

I busted out laughing at Adachi's one line on the letter to the MC: You're a dumbass." Didn't see that coming at all

I'll save the last dungeon for later but I can already feel the "feels." Still not as good as Persona 3, but the additional content in this game was worth replaying it again. Sucks that I can't do certain things without doing a second playthrough though. Where's Persona 5?!

Astra

Nanako's was the worst...except for that choice "It's give your big bro chocolate day."

I busted out laughing at Adachi's one line on the letter to the MC: You're a dumbass." Didn't see that coming at all

I'll save the last dungeon for later but I can already feel the "feels." Still not as good as Persona 3, but the additional content in this game was worth replaying it again. Sucks that I can't do certain things without doing a second playthrough though. Where's Persona 5?!

Yeah, the need for a second playthrough is really bothersome for me, since I played the hell out of P4 on the PS2. I'm just happy we're able to skip all the scenes and events.
I may wait a few months to start up a second run, or do it now and just pick away at it in little bits alongside other games.

It's out-of-context screenshot time!

JAF07xP.jpg

Beat
Namatame
last night. Kanji dishing 4 digit damage and MC being invulnerable to pretty much everything made it so easy. I guess I was overleveled.

Young Magus

Man when I finished my 2nd playthough,
Adachi's line when everyone is trying to encourage you had me dying.

Just finished Summer break of my first playthrough (my first Persona ever). I know this is premature but I love this stinking game. What should I play after I beat this?

Foshy

Finished it yesterday, got true ending and everything. Took me about 60 hours.

All I have to say is, wow. What an amazing game. And I'm not even too much into JRPGs, usually.

Omikaru

I always like seeing people who aren't fans of JRPGs not only finding Persona 4 appealing enough to pick up, but also loving the shit out of it too.

It just reminds me of how exceptional it is.

Squire

Banned
I always like seeing people who aren't fans of JRPGs not only finding Persona 4 appealing enough to pick up, but also loving the shit out of it too.

It just reminds me of how exceptional it is.

THIS. It's crazy how often the same post above you has been made by different people. P4 is a true, true classic.

Just finished Summer break of my first playthrough (my first Persona ever). I know this is premature but I love this stinking game. What should I play after I beat this?
Persona 3 FES easily. It might be hard to adjust after playing P4 but it's worth it.
Yeah, the need for a second playthrough is really bothersome for me, since I played the hell out of P4 on the PS2. I'm just happy we're able to skip all the scenes and events.
I may wait a few months to start up a second run, or do it now and just pick away at it in little bits alongside other games.
I was hoping they would do what they did for P3P, just make everything available after in the first playthrough. But yeah, the ability to skip cutscenes is useful. I doubt I'll play it a second time... Maybe in a year. Guess I won't be able to fuse the ultimate persona. :(

Also, anyone know what are the requirements for the reaper to appear? Am I not supposed to open the chests and just wait or open them and wait?

After I fight him, I want to wrap this game up.

@Moaradin @Inorigo @Omikaru @Foshy

It is such a good feeling to see people love their experience with this game. Even my "wall of cynicism" was broken down by Persona 4.

Ugh, this is kind of messed up, but...

I think to myself, "Before you played Persona 4, who were you? Who was that guy?"

Granted, my situation was rather extreme, but I still think that many of us share an appeal to the intangibles found in this game. And it's all so strange that my life feels better that this game exists.

Astra

It is such a good feeling to see people love their experience with this game. Even my "wall of cynicism" was broken down by Persona 4.

I think to myself, "Before you played Persona 4, who were you? Who was that guy?"

Granted, my situation was rather extreme, but I still think that many of us share an appeal to the intangibles found in this game. And it's all so strange that my life feels better that this game exists.

haha, that is awesome! I was just thinking about this the other day, and Persona 4 was indirectly responsible for causing me to change the direction my life was headed when I played it on the PS2. While there is nothing overly profound in the social links, the way all the characters (especially the mains) faced the worst parts of themselves and changed, got me thinking about my own life and the person I was.
I won't go into details, but it lead me to change the type of people I hung around with, and my perspective on life.

I think it's amazing that video games (or any form of media) can have such an impact on one's life direction.

Trigger

I think the guys at Atlus would be happy to read this. :)

Alright persona 3 it is! Haha.

Hey, quick question... Trying to avoid spoilers so I'm afraid to look it up but I'd like to get the "Best Ending". Is there anything I need to know in order to get it that wont be a spoiler?

Astra

Hey, quick question... Trying to avoid spoilers so I'm afraid to look it up but I'd like to get the "Best Ending". Is there anything I need to know in order to get it that wont be a spoiler?

It's hard to say without spoiling, but at a certain point you'll have to choose the right dialogue options to continue toward the best ending. However, I can guarantee you'll know for sure when you reach that point, especially if you pick the wrong choices. Just be sure to keep multiple saves (always a good idea, regardless).
That will set you on the path toward the good and true endings.

Edit: I guess I should have clarified, but are you asking about P3 or 4? I figured 4, since your previous post said you just finished the Summer break.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

I think there's only a bad/good ending and it's pretty obvious what to chose to get the good ending.

Tamanon

Banned

Persona 3 has a muuuuuuuch easier flag for the good/bad ending. You'll be well aware of when the choice is and should be able to figure out the right answer.

Trigger

I'll assume this is referring to P4: You'll know when the normal ending flag will come up since the game actually prompts you to save before it happens. The true ending flag isn't available until the very last calendar day. That's as vague as one can get.

Question: I am still early in the game. I have the chance to spend time on sports practice but it says the relationship is not ready to advance. Does this mean that it just won't raise this time but doing it is necceccary to get it raised? In other words is there any reason to do it?

Also damn I missed 1 day cause I didn't know the game would skip to evening if you entered the house :(.

Might as well ask another question: is there any harm/bonus for going into the TV way in advance before the fog?

Any other beginner tips are also welcome <3.

Astra

Question: I am still early in the game. I have the chance to spend time on sports practice but it says the relationship is not ready to advance. Does this mean that it just won't raise this time but doing it is necceccary to get it raised? In other words is there any reason to do it?

Also damn I missed 1 day cause I didn't know the game would skip to evening if you entered the house :(.

Might as well ask another question: is there any harm/bonus for going into the TV way in advance before the fog?

Yes, you have to spend time to earn affection points toward the next level. There are several other ways to earn them as well, such as fortune slip drawing at the shrine, and different events that happen throughout the game, such as them calling you up to hang out. The easiest is just to spend time with them.

No harm at all in doing the rescue as soon as possible. I prefer to do it that way, myself.

It means at the time, it won't level up but you'll receive points towards that link to go towards the next level. However, there are some cases that you have to spend hang out with them a couple of times before it gains a level. This is best to avoid by either making lunch for them(when Nanako fills the fridge), utilizing the shrine to boost the link by trying to get a mild or great blessing(avoid getting small). You can also wait after you've done well on exams or use other links to help you get closer to one another(rarely happens but does with moon & Strength, Hiero & Justice).

But if you aren't worried about getting maxed links, just spend a day with them in order to advance to the next level later on.

Trigger

You're not supposed to wait for the fog. The fog is your deadline. IMO, there's not much reason to visit the TV if there's no active case going on.

RE Social Links: Think of spending time with someone as the equivalent as grinding for experience. You won't always "level up" (aka advance to the next rank), but it will help.

Thanks for the tips. I'm just doing sort of ''casual'' playthrough without any guides or anything. I'll see if I like the game enough to go for a more ''in depht'' replay and trying to get the trophies I missed or whatever there is missable with a guide.

I like the music quite a bit.

Lemstar

I have about a week left in my first playthrough and I'm done social linking. What's the best way to spend my remaining time in preparation for NG+?

I was thinking about getting some skill cards at the cafe, but I'm not sure what's worth it outside of Debilitate.

I have about a week left in my first playthrough and I'm done social linking. What's the best way to spend my remaining time in preparation for NG+?

I was thinking about getting some skill cards at the cafe, but I'm not sure what's worth it outside of Debilitate.

Victory Cry, Primal Force, any Null/Absorb/Reflect card, and Futsunushi's last card are all worth the while, in my opinion.

Alright... At the risk of sounding like a douche... Is it possible to have multiple girlfriends? And if it is, what are the consequences?
The up side of not pursuing them is finishing their links a bit faster. But there are really no consequences. Valentine's Day spoiler:
just turn them all down and hang out with your bros instead. It's much more fun

Top Bottom