• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Jintor

I see.. The fact that you didn't even acknowledge I put 40 hours into the PS2 version speaks loud.
*heads to Playstation store*

lol

But for reals, Golden is the definitive version. The only thing that might be better on PS2 is Chie's VA for the first 10 hours or so.

Mazre

Question time:

BTW where can I find the bug net? There is a trophy for bug catching, the boy at the shrine is telling he lost it.

And how do I catch the fish that gives the trophy?

AND how do I get the one trophy that is related to the machine that seems to be always rusted. The trophy name was something like ''today it works'' so is there some specific day? ;/

Sorry for the questions. I'm too scared to google it for spoilerz :d.

Ask around at night, you may need some courage
2. There will be a quest related to this later on.
3. There are a lot of days where this will work that share a common condition. Keep trying.

Just finished this morning and was wondering, does Marie's S Link change at all or are there scenes if you hang out with her even after maxing where she and Naoto meet? I maxed her out way before Naoto even joined, so it just seemed weird having Naoto be the only one to never meet Marie before her dungeon.

lol

But for reals, Golden is the definitive version. The only thing that might be better on PS2 is Chie's VA for the first 10 hours or so.

Yea I just paid for it. It was on the spur of the moment too.

I'm a bit bummed knowing that Chie's VA is different as I really liked the way she sounded so I'll get used to it. I just like the fact I'm going to be able to play a newer version of the game.

*downloading*

Thanks.

I'll say this again: music is great.

I'll Face Myself (Battle) (and its Reincarnation version) is one of the best boss themes of all time.

OF ALL TIME.

Fog and The Almighty are spectacular final boss themes as well

Yea I just paid for it. It was on the spur of the moment too.

I'm a bit bummed knowing that Chie's VA is different as I really liked the way she sounded so I'll get used to it. I just like the fact I'm going to be able to play a newer version of the game.

*downloading*

Erin Fitzgerald and Sam Riegel are the superior Chie and Teddie in my opinion. Both kind of stumble early on, but really nail it when it counts.

Also Sam Riegel's "BAAAAAH! IT'S A BEEEEAR!" has one of the best deliveries ever.

I think I might have made a mistake starting the series with P4G. Apparently P3 FES is a good game but it will feel inferior after playing P4. Hopefully I'll like it enough tho.

And after them there is the wait for Persona 5. Why must I do this to myself :lol.

I never liked Apple head.

Yumi 4 lyfe!

Dude, Yumi is 100% forehead :p

Also this work of art:

we.are.the.armada said:
QCRCW.jpg

I'm re-playing P3P right now, and I honestly think it's the best version of P3. The presentation suffers, but just about everything else is better and it's not hard at all to back to after playing P4G due to the refinements made. You'll miss out on The Answer, but all you're really missing from that is Heartful Cry and some really awesome lategame bosses.

Plus FeMC in the Angora sweater is the best thing you'll every lay eyes on.

Jintor

I think it's the best version of P3 to replay, but FES is probably the one you want to play first.

Apart from anything else, when you play P3P you'll be so glad they updated the battle system.

MARIN KARIN! MARIN KARIN! MARIN KARIN! ICE BREAK!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
When is the latest that the Jester S.Link can be maxed out?

The highest you can get it is rank 6 before December 1st.

After that... major spoilers if you did not play vanilla

You have to identify Adachi as the killer. After meeting him in the TV world, go and meet him alone. It will then rank up to 7 and change to Hunger, after which it will rank up via story, provided you go for the true ending

The highest you can get it is rank 6 before December 1st.

After that... major spoilers if you did not play vanilla

You have to identify Adachi as the killer. After meeting him in the TV world, go and meet him alone. It will then rank up to 7 and change to Hunger, after which it will rank up via story, provided you go for the true ending

Thanks! I had Jester at 5 at the beginning of December and it went up a rank to 6 on the 3rd. I haven't gotten to the part you mentioned in spoilers, but I am going for True End, so I guess I'll be ok?

Is it possible for Jester to never
change to Hunger
?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Thanks! I had Jester at 5 at the beginning of December and it went up a rank to 6 on the 3rd. I haven't gotten to the part you mentioned in spoilers, but I am going for True End, so I guess I'll be ok?

Is it possible for Jester to never
change to Hunger
?

Hmmm

Maybe I was mistaken, looks like you have to have it by 6 on November 20th.

At least according to guides.

But if that is true... how did it get to that rank afterwards. Strange. I swear he was unavailable in December.

Hmmm

Maybe I was mistaken, looks like you have to have it by 6 on November 20th.

At least according to guides.

But if that is true... how did it get to that rank afterwards. Strange. I swear he was unavailable in December.

When you go to
the hospital
on Dec. 3rd, Jester levels up automatically after the story events.

Well, if I can't max rank it on this playthrough, I'll do it on my next (Plat trophy) playthrough. Imissed some books too...

Golden or OG? 'Cause if you're talking Golden, you're far less than 50% done. I'd say 30%.

Golden. So I still have a LONG way to go. Thats great.

How did they add so much extra stuff into Golden? I hear there is a extra dungeon for Marie so I guess thats it?

I wonder how they added something like that into the game without messing up the calendar of the original game.

Like i said I have played about 35 hours so far in the last 2 weeks. I don't think I have sunk that amount of time into a game in years. God bless spending 2 hours on a train each day and the Vita making it super easy to play 15 minutes here and there. I could not imagine playing this game on the ps2 and no suspend feature. I sort of hope P5 is ether a ps4 game or a portable game just for the sake of a suspend mode.

omg p4g is so fresh. new intro, options, features why did i wait so long??This intro sounds fucking good! this game has easily ecliped the top spot for favorite game this gen.

Astra

omg p4g is so fresh. new intro, options, features why did i wait so long??This intro sounds fucking good! this game has easily ecliped the top spot for favorite game this gen.

I really like the new music, and got the soundtrack and have been listening to it a lot while on walks. I love the extended intro music!

Hi guys, I'm in Japan and wondering whether to get the Japanese version of P4G or import the US/ EU version. My Japanese is average at best, but I wouldn't mind if I had an English resource to fall back on. Is there a script or something in English online somewhere? That's how I have been playing Tales of Vesperia - Japanese game but with a fan translation by my side in case I have any trouble.

Hi guys, I'm in Japan and wondering whether to get the Japanese version of P4G or import the US/ EU version. My Japanese is average at best, but I wouldn't mind if I had an English resource to fall back on. Is there a script or something in English online somewhere? That's how I have been playing Tales of Vesperia - Japanese game but with a fan translation by my side in case I have any trouble.

Found a script for S.Links, but haven't been able to find anything for the main story.
http://m.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/65710

You can always watch Giant Bomb's Endurance Run to get most of the story parts.

If you use a US account, you can buy P4G off PSN, it's what I did. Then buy a physical copy of the JP version so you have both!

Found a script for S.Links, but haven't been able to find anything for the main story.
http://m.gamefaqs.com/vita/641695-persona-4-golden/faqs/65710

You can always watch Giant Bomb's Endurance Run to get most of the story parts.

If you use a US account, you can buy P4G off PSN, it's what I did. Then buy a physical copy of the JP version so you have both!
Thanks, if that is just a tiny part of the game's script then I guess it must be huge.

I use an EU account, and it is £34.99 on there, which is pretty high. I'm sure it's a good game but maybe not so great that I want to buy it at full price twice!

Thanks, if that is just a tiny part of the game's script then I guess it must be huge.

I use an EU account, and it is £34.99 on there, which is pretty high. I'm sure it's a good game but maybe not so great that I want to buy it at full price twice!

It's a great game that is worth buying at least once :lol

You'll probably sink 50-80 hours into it on the first playthrough, I'd say £35 would be worth it for a game that long.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
lol I was just at the point where I had to pick a culture club. It was recommended in the one max social link guide to choose Drama since it is less dependent on attributes. I did Drama on my PS2 playthrough, so I chose Band this time. Before I did that I wanted to check if the girl looked any different in the fanart, so I searched Tumblr. It seemed like every other entry or more was Ponies.

nampad

The Skill Description of Samsara says "Light: instant kill to all enemies without light resistance". Does that mean that it won't work against enemies with light resistance?
I am asking because I want to know if I should replace Mahamaon ("Light: medium chance to kill all enemies") with Samsara.

My Persona has Hama Boost.

I've got October midterms coming up but I have full intelligence... Do I need to study?

Whats full knowledge? My level is "sage" and I still learned for my last midterms. Could have done something else? :/

Whats full knowledge? My level is "sage" and I still learned for my last midterms. Could have done something else? :/

You will still get knowledge points even if you're maxed. I believe Sage is max... But you can check all your stats in the menu. Go to status, select MC and hit square

The Skill Description of Samsara says "Light: instant kill to all enemies without light resistance". Does that mean that it won't work against enemies with light resistance?
I am asking because I want to know if I should replace Mahamaon ("Light: medium chance to kill all enemies") with Samsara.

/

From the megamitensei wiki:

Hama 30% chance of instant death from the power of Light on one enemy. 100 8 SP
Mahama 20% chance of instant death from the power of Light on all enemies. 100 18 SP
Hamaon 60% chance of instant death from the power of Light on one enemy. 100 15 SP
Mahamaon 40% chance of instant death from the power of Light on all enemies. 100 34 SP
God's Judgment Decreases one enemy's HP by 50% from the power of Light. 100 48 SP
Samsara Very high chance of instant death from the power of Light on all enemies. 100 44 SP

I assume Samsara's very high chance is probably like 90% or higher and shadows with strong resistance to Light lower the % chance. Null/Reflect naturally means immunity.

Edit: Light support skills are as follows

Hama Boost Light-based attacks are 1.5 times more effective.
Resist Light Reduces chance of instant death from Light attacks. Voids weakness to Light.
Survive Light 50% chance of surviving instant death one time from a Light attack with 1 HP.
Endure Light Automatically survive instant death one time from a Light attack with 1 HP.
Null Light Becomes immune to Light attacks. Takes precedence over Resist Light.
Repel Light Repels Light attacks. Takes precedence over Resist and Null Light.

This game... So good.

Just did Marie's social link
where you go to Okina and go shopping with the girls. When Chei and Yukiko compulsorily buy clothes that are green and red respectively... That is like the most brilliant fourth wall breaking I've seen in a while. And Marie was hilarious too, pointing out how each thing they pull out is green. So good

This game... So good.

Just did Marie's social link
where you go to Okina and go shopping with the girls. When Chei and Yukiko compulsorily buy clothes that are green and red respectively... That is like the most brilliant fourth wall breaking I've seen in a while. And Marie was hilarious too, pointing out how each thing they pull out is green. So good

You could almost say it's BEARY good. Get it? :D

Pretty sure Samara and Die for Me! are 100% instant kills. Never have I seen them missed and I don't even have hama or mudo boost on my personas. Hama boost and mudo boost are a waste of a skill slot if you ask me.

Wow some of the new features in Persona 4 golden are worth their weight in gold pun intended. The shuffle time card sequence is much improved and is much more interesting. The online features that's talked about(I haven't got to them yet) are cool and that automatic press square to move up a floor in a dungeon(granted you locate the stairs first) is so useful.
I got 40 hours in on the PS2 version and I'm not even mad I started over on the definitive version.

Oh and seeing the shopping district at night was so cool.

Only thing I don't like is Chie's new voice. She sounds like a fucking talking mouse now.
Teddie having a new VA was a revelation for me as I didn't even notice a change.

Man I can't wait to see Persona 5. i'm not even done with 4 and I'm i'm eagerly awaiting it.

nampad

Just went through the december dungeon. The damage output on the rare mobs just got insane :)
Finally got the trophy for 999 damage points.

Astra

Yeah, Teddie sounds great in Golden. Very similar to Wittenberg's Teddie.
Give Chie's voice some time, and you'll eventually not be bothered by it, and it may even grow on you.
I still prefer original Chie, but new Chie wasn't bothering me at all the further I got into the game.

OwlyKnees

Just bought the game yesterday. The first two hours are slow as fuck.

True, but the rest of the game mostly leaves the pacing to your own preferences. Greatly appreciated, as you can get your fill of fighting/dungeons, move onto some story progression, then when you're bored of that get back to fighting, and so on.

megalowho

Finally completed my first run through P4G. Even after 100 hours I could feel myself planning for NG+, really wanted to just hang around and collect more skill cards but forced myself to the end. Already finished it on PS2 back in the day as well - I guess I really like this game.

Grew Black Frost into a beast, he ended up serving me well though I still feel like I could do better next time:

End stuff:
Hadn't been spoiled on the post Spring goodbye content at all, that was an unexpected and neat coda. Did a double take at Kanji's new look. Laughed at the throwaway "man, last time you came to visit was crazy!" reference to Arena. And Marie is a rising celeb who controls the weather or something? Sure, ok why not.

Now I'm just bummed that we have no idea when a new Persona game is coming out. Still lots of potential with these characters, if they choose to go that route. Might dig back into Arena a bit just to get my fix :(

Top Bottom