• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

I'm thinking about taking mine back. What's the price on PSN? I'd rather buy points from Amazon and pay no tax and then buy it from PSN with no tax. Maybe save 5-7 bucks.

Golbez

I better enjoy this Velvet Room music now, because I'm not going to be hearing it nearly as much this time around. Can't wait to start picking my own skills in fusion.

Wow this is way different.

You meet the new character first, you get to explore the shopping district and theres an early appearance of Naoki and Saki, before Dojima takes you back home, there's some line changes and additional dialogue choices. Get to explore town right after you walk with Yukiko and Chie. Guess Atlus took the criticism of the long intro to heart and gave you more stuff to do in the early goings on.

Also looked at te extras with the tv listings option. It has trailers for all the Persona games, and the animated intros from the beginning can be viewed too.

Mr. Edogawa from persona 3 is also there if you want to learn about persona, shadow, unconcious, jung, etc. Really cool.

Im liking it even though it feels kind of weird with these differences. Like I know the original like the back of my hand. Had to stop playing since I had to go to class, but its pretty damn cool. Game is really snappy and gorgeous btw.

blackflag

Anyone know what size the download will be?

Trying to decide whether to run to Gamestop and try and grab it or just be patient and download it.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, the screen on the vita is so damn good. Watching the intro blew me away! Now it is time to get to playing!
Wish I could experience it for the first time again. Now rather than being blown away by the vita I'm more blown away by how bad other screens look.

Amazon fails again so close to Virtues Last Reward issue. I forunately placed teo orders, one to play and one to keep sealed. Also, amazon loves to murder collectors boxes, so it was a precaution. Fortunately at least one shipped.

Those who didn't receive one, when did you order? Based on posts it doesn't seem like they filled in order. I ordered day 1 which shipped, and ordered the second 3 days later which didn't ship, prime for both

Anyways, Dec 30 reads like a placeholder. Maybe a few returns, or potentially they are waiting on a delayed shipment. But I think it seems more likely it isn't going to happen. Which is weird considering how quickly they cut off sales.

As for skin, it is in the solid gold box, so just an inclusion and not a bonus. Too big to fit in case, so it has to be separate for regular version. If you get solid gold plus a skin then you have two.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know what size the download will be?

Trying to decide whether to run to Gamestop and try and grab it or just be patient and download it.
JP PSN version was 2,959 MB

US version may be a little smaller since some interviews were cut out iirc

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Just picked it up at Best Buy on my lunch break. I wish I wasn't so tired. They didn't have any CE's lying around though.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The Gold Edition's are going to be VERY hard to find, only 10,000 were made.

I figured it was worth a shot. They didn't even have the copies out yet though. I had to ask and was lazily handed one. I was going to inquire about the CE, but my tired brained didn't feel like it.

Yuripaw

Banned
The Gold Edition's are going to be VERY hard to find, only 10,000 were made.

I remember people going on and on about how the Solid Gold edition seemed useless, and overpriced. Everyone on the thread said they'll just stick with the regular...and I find it so amusing how I see others really wishing they could get it.

I knew people would want this thing as soon as it came out. I ordered 2, one I'm gonna keep sealed, and another one I'm gonna open and use the extras with.

Those who didn't receive one, when did you order? Based on posts it doesn't seem like they filled in order. I ordered day 1 which shipped, and ordered the second 3 days later which didn't ship, prime for both

I preordered on August 27th, immediately after they opened up preorders again as I missed it on the 25th.

But there was someone in this thread that preordered on the 25th and haven't gotten theirs so it's not a matter of that really.

Levito

Banned
I remember people going on and on about how the Solid Gold edition seemed useless, and overpriced. Everyone on the thread said they'll just stick with the regular...and I find it so amusing how I see others really wishing they could get it.

I knew people would want this thing as soon as it came out. I ordered 2, one I'm gonna keep sealed, and another one I'm gonna open and use the extras with.

I didn't think I wanted one, then I danced horribly on the internet just to get one.

If you pre-ordered a standard, be sure to get your skin because it is not in that tiny box. The Solid Golds should have the protective skin inside but it doesn't hurt to check.

I'm thinking about taking mine back. What's the price on PSN? I'd rather buy points from Amazon and pay no tax and then buy it from PSN with no tax. Maybe save 5-7 bucks.

Where did you buy it from?

Now that this is finally out, I wonder what's next for Atlus...

Their time is nigh.

What you all talkin' about?
Aliasing.
A8KifQhCQAAta54.jpg:large

Look at them windows.

Cornbread78

I just got my copy, but I'm not going to open it until I finish Little Kings Story. I need to keep focus and stop the insane game ADD I have with the VITA.

Salaadin

Ill never use it but I gotta say, the idea behind the Vita skin is sort of awesome. A skin to cover the system and then wallpapers to go with the skin? I bet it looks pretty slick.

Top Bottom