• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

inner-G

Banned
It's gonna be a sloooow afternoon in the office, I'm so ready to get off and go pick up my coy!

Gonna listen to Retronauts ep. 61 (Persona, SMT) in my cube to help pass the time

Yuripaw

Banned
noooooo ;_;

a8kieiqcyaacn9a.jpg

Yosuke! That bastard will pay for breaking her DVD...

Astra

Noooo. I missed the delivery by mere minutes. I actually passed the truck on my way home. They always choose the 20 minutes you're out to show up, out of the 9 hour day!

Zoibie

Atlus is pretty much a bad joke to me.

Did that Persona fighting game ever come out?

Not yet. No confirmed date either other than sometime in 2013. Yeah, I think it's definitely a sorry affair when you're glad to even have a release date for Golden.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
so how much lower is the resolution than native? like gravity rush? i put up with that one.

How is it Atlus' fault when they don't have a branch in Europe? Blame the crappy publishers in Europe, not Atlus.

You are a good man helping out that junior.

Juniors don't really know that flippant remarks followed by feigning ignorance is looked down upon here on NeoGAF. An exercise in reasonable thought also helps.

CrovaxPSO

I can't remember which day pre-orders for the Solid Gold edition went up on Amazon but I placed my order on August 27th which has to be close to the first day and got the "delayed to December 19th" email. This is the second time in a row something like this has happened with Amazon after the issue with the Virtue's Last Reward watches. Kind of frustrating.

Doombear

I have never wanted Grace Chen to have a nice early start to her day more than I do today. Too bad she probably doesn't have Wake Up Club... yet =(

The "junior" argument is one of the worst I can think of on this board.

Oh, and I don't see how you can defend Atlus knowing they screwed up and more importantly region-locked their freaking game.

I can't remember which day pre-orders for the Solid Gold edition went up on Amazon but I placed my order on August 27th which has to be close to the first day and got the "delayed to December 19th" email. This is the second time in a row something like this has happened with Amazon after the issue with the Virtue's Last Reward watches. Kind of frustrating.

Apparently that was the date they reopened orders. That makes it somewhat understandable. But I think some people from day 1 got delayed as well. Aug 24 was day 1, then they stopped selling them, and then relisted on Aug 27.

cjkeats

Got the skin on my White Vita. Looks okay. It actually covers the screen too, and it's not just a border. I got a piece of lint under it when I was trying to line it up and now I can't get the lint off. Oh well, I'll try again once my SG get's here.

Astra

Oh, and I don't see how you can defend Atlus knowing they screwed up and more importantly region-locked their freaking game.

Yeah, they screwed up there, but they're still one of the better publishers out there.

Got the skin on my White Vita. Looks okay. It actually covers the screen too, and it's not just a border. I got a piece of lint under it when I was trying to line it up and now I can't get the lint off. Oh well, I'll try again once my SG get's here.

Wow, that looks really nice. Great job. :)

Dantis

The one thing I don't like is that it covers the screen. I'd rather there was just a gap where the screen is and it was just an aesthetic thing.

Wow, that looks much better than I expected it to on white. Anyways, I will never be putting it on mine. Maybe way down the road if I pick up a second vita for whatever reason.

Also, I wish it was NOT a screeen protector as well. Because screen protectors are a disaster and impossible to get right without bubbles, dust, or lint getting trapped and ruining the installation. And then I can't see anything but the imperfections.

edit: Just got my solid gold from Amazon. Didn't realize how huge that outer case was! I also used the Metal Gear Solid Face cover for my PSP which was great until the plastic screen cover picked up a ton of scratches, and this one won't have that problem. It also looks better with my white vita than I expected, but I am not sure about the added weight bulk. I might ditch it.

Ok, that is sexy! Good job cjkeats :)

Actually, it's a great argument when it's true. One of the first things taught in pre-law is Occam's Razor and it applies well in this case; might want to rethink your "worst".

I can't even tell you how many times I've read an idiotic post here and thought, "Junior?", checked, and went, "Yep, junior."
It's because they get more focus due to their status. A member saying something stupid ? He's a moron. A junior saying something stupid ? Man, this junior is stupid :).
a member with a special tag saying something stupid ? Oooooh must be a private joke !
Yeah, they screwed up there, but they're still one of the better publishers out there.
Well I don't have an Atlus branch in my region, so that solves the issue :)
I'm still bitter about P4A
Actually, it's a great argument when it's true. One of the first things taught in pre-law is Occam's Razor and it applies well in this case; might want to rethink your "worst".
Just because you're a new member of a community doesn't automatically make you stupid.

Anyway, can't wait to receive my PS Vita and my game. Also, I wonder (spoiler for the game)
if they fixed the unlimited ennemies trick to level up / get tons of money in the endgame dungeon

cjkeats

Wow, that looks much better than I expected it to on white. Anyways, I will never be putting it on mine. Maybe way down the road if I pick up a second vita for whatever reason.

Also, I wish it was NOT a screeen protector as well. Because screen protectors are a disaster and impossible to get right without bubbles, dust, or lint getting trapped and ruining the installation. And then I can't see anything but the imperfections.

Same here, like Dantis said, it would be better if it was just the border, but the screen covering makes it easier to get on without bending it all over. I got two, so I figured I might as well see what it looks like and show people the white one.

Also, they make it a point to say it's "not a screen protector". lol

PS Vita screen protectors are cake to put on because of the cutouts for the buttons. Surefire way to put one on without bubbles:

Go into the bathroom, close the door and run the shower on hot. Let the steam fill the air a bit before turning off the water and opening the door. Dust/Lint should disperse into the air and you should be able to get it on no problem.

Omikaru

It's actually Atlus JP's fault, I believe. They haven't sent Zen the master copy.

In reality, it's either Zen's fault or Arc System Works'. Zen publishes ASW's games in Europe, and there's almost always big delays. Whether that's Zen's fault or ASW, I don't know. For what it's worth, Zen are pinning the delay on "development issues", which suggests they're blaming Arc System Works for the fuck up. At any rate, both companies have form for treating Europe like dogshit, even moreso than Atlus. But then Atlus aren't exactly blameless in this; they're the ones responsible for the region lock.

It's just a horrible disgrace all around. I'm actually going to troll the Zen-run Persona Europe Facebook page when my copy of P4G arrives, just to highlight how much they've fucked up.

Top Bottom