• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Trigger

End stuff:
Hadn't been spoiled on the post Spring goodbye content at all, that was an unexpected and neat coda. Did a double take at Kanji's new look. Laughed at the throwaway "man, last time you came to visit was crazy!" reference to Arena. And Marie is a rising celeb who controls the weather or something? Sure, ok why not.

lol, my feelings exactly.

totowhoa

Banned
Just picked finally got to playing this even though I picked it up at launch.

Playing on very hard. Just beat the Avenger Knight boss in Yukiko's dungeon with everybody at level 6. The enemies on floors six and seven are ROUGH though for me! I'm on my second to last day in the dungeon at the save point, with fully hp/sp. Any idea what level I should be to take on Yukiko? I was thinking level 9 at minimum with a couple of value medicines (I'd have Senri to void fire and red wall for Chie), maybe a little higher in order to get media (though I haven't seen it yet... but I do remember it pops up at this point from when I played through P4 last time).

Game is super fun. I love pretty much every change, and I had no idea how much they'd changed! Very Hard definitely seems a notch harder than most other SMT's hardest difficulties, at least right now.

Curufinwe

Wow some of the new features in Persona 4 golden are worth their weight in gold pun intended. The shuffle time card sequence is much improved and is much more interesting. The online features that's talked about(I haven't got to them yet) are cool and that automatic press square to move up a floor in a dungeon(granted you locate the stairs first) is so useful.
I got 40 hours in on the PS2 version and I'm not even mad I started over on the definitive version.

Oh and seeing the shopping district at night was so cool.

Only thing I don't like is Chie's new voice. She sounds like a fucking talking mouse now.
Teddie having a new VA was a revelation for me as I didn't even notice a change.

Man I can't wait to see Persona 5. i'm not even done with 4 and I'm i'm eagerly awaiting it.

The search function makes fusing much less time consuming.

Just picked finally got to playing this even though I picked it up at launch.

Playing on very hard. Just beat the Avenger Knight boss in Yukiko's dungeon with everybody at level 6. The enemies on floors six and seven are ROUGH though for me! I'm on my second to last day in the dungeon at the save point, with fully hp/sp. Any idea what level I should be to take on Yukiko? I was thinking level 9 at minimum with a couple of value medicines (I'd have Senri to void fire and red wall for Chie), maybe a little higher in order to get media (though I haven't seen it yet... but I do remember it pops up at this point from when I played through P4 last time).

Game is super fun. I love pretty much every change, and I had no idea how much they'd changed! Very Hard definitely seems a notch harder than most other SMT's hardest difficulties, at least right now.

After Shadow Yukiko the difficulty takes a severe nosedive and the game just becomes super easy

Do accessories stack with abilities? For example Yukiko has +50% healing magic ability on her persona, does equipping accessory that gives 50% healing stack?

totowhoa

Banned
Do accessories stack with abilities? For example Yukiko has +50% healing magic ability on her persona, does equipping accessory that gives 50% healing stack?

Yes. Have fun with that :)

You could stack the passive ice amp ability, perform a mind charge, and equip an accessory that boosts ice attacks for insane damage, for instance.

Holy shit did I just get the worst ending in the game or what?

It skipped December, Jan, Feb and went into March. And I left on the train...

THAT'S IT?!?!?! I wasn't to sure about doing NG+ but now I have to do it because what the fuck shit.

Trigger

Nope! So I guess I got the second worst ending in the game...

And here I thought I was doing a good job :(

Am I going to need a guide to get the best ending?

No need to search just restart that segment and choose these options to open up the path to the normal/true endings.

"Wait a second here..." -> "We're missing something." -> "Namatame's
true feelings." -> "Something's bothering me." -> "We're missing
something..." -> "Calm the hell down!"

Also: A note if you're interested in doing the bonus dungeon this playthrough:
You need to max the Aeon social link before the end of December.

Tamanon

Banned
Might need a guide for the questions, that's about it. You have to answer all 6 with the correct answer. The rest might be obvious, but a guide won't really hurt your experience with it.

Noi

They were both on very hard though, and Noi does this thing where he stays at as low a level as he physically can for an encounter. Because he's insane.

Only because of the vastly reduced exp rate and not having a reliable method to take out hands until after Secret Lab. I didn't get lucky early on with Magician cards like Buddha did. :p

I thought to get the best ending I need to get max social links?

Nope. As long as you pick the right choices in that scene, you're Golden.

Trigger

I see what you did there. So I take it getting all max social links just gets me a trophy? Hmm, seems I won't be doing the NG+

Yeah, "Hero of Inaba" is the trophy I believe. Maxing all available s. links is a bonus. When you get to the final day of this game come back here, and I'm sure someone can direct you on how to unlock the true ending.

Yeah, "Hero of Inaba" is the trophy I believe. Maxing all available s. links is a bonus. When you get to the final day of this game come back here, and I'm sure someone can direct you on how to unlock the true ending.

When exactly is the last day of the game? Thanks for the help everyone!

Seik, you're in for one helluva treat. Unlike a lot of people here, I actually enjoyed the first couple hours of the game.

Noi

When exactly is the last day of the game? Thanks for the help everyone!

You need to do the "last" dungeon by Dec. 23 if you want to see the Christmas Eve events. After that, the game skips here and there, but you get to social link from Jan to Mid-Feb, where if you've maxed out the Aeon social link, you get the bonus dungeon and the game moves on automatically from there.

PK Gaming

Yo~

I just beat P4G and got the true ending + epilogue (72 hours, and I didn't bother doing most of the quests)

There's no point in dragging it out:

This game is perfect, plain and simple

♥

Yay!

More Purse Owner love.

Damn, that avatar is hot! I need a Chie one again...

Yo~

I just beat P4G and got the true ending + epilogue (72 hours, and I didn't bother doing most of the quests)

♥

Feels good :) Hey, if you haven't already, try out Persona 3 FES or the maybe even the Persona 4 Anime. Prolong the magic~

totowhoa

Banned
Damn, that avatar is hot! I need a Chie one again...

Feels good :) Hey, if you haven't already, try out Persona 3 FES or the maybe even the Persona 4 Anime. Prolong the magic~

I'd recommend P3P. I played P3FES first and considered it an equal to P4 (IMO it had a worse plot, better social link stories, and equally fun gameplay to me... I enjoyed the strategy involved with an AI team, though most didn't). However, I'd imagine it's hard to go from P4 to P3FES.

marin karin, marin karin, marin karin... :p Definitely takes some time to adjust.

On topic.... about to go and try to defeat
Yukiko
at level 9 on very hard. On my last day because I wasn't paying attention. It's do or die... I think I have a strategy prepped from what I recall when I last beat P4 a long time ago (I also read. It had better work out. If worse comes to worse then I plan on grinding the monsters on the early floors for some persona level up cards to get some skills (mainly media... but I can afford to buy 5 value medicines currently. Hopefully that's enough, and I have two characters with dia). While reading about the game in general, I happened to stumble across the fact that the boss is weak to ice in this version, which is nice to know. I have a bufu skill card that I can combine with a null fire persona :)

Yo~

♥

Glad to know that you liked it so much. It really is perfect.

Which girl did you mack on? Just making sure we're on the same wavelength :)

totowhoa

Banned
Why did I click? I never even came into this thread before now. Son of a bitch!

lol you clicked on an ending spoiler. What did you expect? :p

It's not a huge deal though. It did spoil an event that can obviously be ... shall we say, "undone," as I'm sure you've gathered. At least the actual plot remains unspoiled, though! Lots of twists and turns as far as that goes, so chin up and keep at it! There are many more surprises awaiting you.

Edit: FUCK I DIDN'T SAVE MY GAME WHEN I SHUT IT OFF LAST. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

god damn, phone call interrupted me at the entrance of the TV world. gahhhhhhhhh I thought I'd saved when I came back and turned it off! :( :(

back to grinding again... always double check in the future...

totowhoa

Banned
Man, the game is looking great on that OLED screen, fun times ahead.

I prefer the original intro though.

Took a while for it to really grow on me ever since I saw it when it was first revealed.

Man I thought thought the boss of the first real dungeon would be rougher than it was. Beating the Avenger Knight sub-boss at level six was a bit rough (had to get myself a slime with tarunda and also gaurd/heal constantly). Wasn't nearly as bad as I envisioned it... the boss doesn't throw too much out... I remember it being harder. Granted, I've only got the boss down to its last third of HP then my Vita died. Waiting for it to revive now. I might eat my words.

Whew. Even if I die this time, it's good to know that accidentally waiting until the last minute to finish this dungeon didn't fuck me over for good. (Or at least fuck me over to the point that I'd have to grind for two hours on the lower floors).

Well, leveled up to 99 and I just entered
Adachi's
dungeon in December. Been using a Trumpeter for ages, but just fused a Helel. I did a triple fusion for Helel, but the first time I tried to make it I got a fusion accident. Good thing I saved my game right beforehand! Gonna build up my Compendium before clearing this dungeon.

Also, I earlier asked about maxing out the Jester S.Link. I was told to have it at Level 7 at the beginning of December, and was glad to see I was at that level when I came back to my game! This S.Link
changed to Hunger
in the story beats so I'll definitely max it out by the end of the month. 92 hours into this game and I am not getting tired of it!

PK Gaming

Glad to know that you liked it so much. It really is perfect.

Which girl did you mack on? Just making sure we're on the same wavelength :)

CHIE

I refused to date multiple girls (even though I also really liked Yukiko), since it would be worst thing ever. Maybe on my next troll playthrough.

Yup i'm already watching the anime. Persona 3 FES is the PS2 remake... right? I was actually thinking of getting the PSP version.

Trigger

Also, I earlier asked about maxing out the Jester S.Link. I was told to have it at Level 7 at the beginning of December, and was glad to see I was at that level when I came back to my game! This S.Link
changed to Hunger
in the story beats so I'll definitely max it out by the end of the month. 92 hours into this game and I am not getting tired of it!

Actually,
Hunger won't advance past rank 9 until you start the true ending on the final day. It's always the last social link you max.

CHIE

I refused to date multiple girls (even though I also really liked Yukiko), since it would be worst thing ever. Maybe on my next troll playthrough.

Excellent. Good to know we still think alike. Chie's Valentine's Day event is so hnnnnnnnnng

And yes, I'd reccomend playing P3P if P4G is your first Persona experience. Watch 3's anime cutscenes on Youtube (I can PM you a list of when you should do so if you want) and possibly The Answer too after you've beaten the game. To be honest, FES isn't worth it for The Answer (a 20-hour playable epilogue) since it's just an unremarkable grindfest save for some amazing music and 4 great boss battles near the very end.

PK Gaming

Excellent. Good to know we still think alike. Chie's Valentine's Day event is so hnnnnnnnnng

And yes, I'd reccomend playing P3P if P4G is your first Persona experience. Watch 3's anime cutscenes on Youtube (I can PM you a list of when you should do so if you want) and possibly The Answer too after you've beaten the game. To be honest, FES isn't worth it for The Answer (a 20-hour playable epilogue) since it's just an unremarkable grindfest save for some amazing music and 4 great boss battles near the very end.

tumblr_m8d27ypjxt1qi4jueo1_500.gif

Yeah... honestly, I have no idea what the other date scenes are like but the Chie date scenes... oh my god, so many feels. (Christmas, Valentines day, New Year's, Summer Festival... HNNNG indeed).

Ok! I think i'll get P3P today actually :]
Is the PSN store version ok?

tumblr_m8d27ypjxt1qi4jueo1_500.gif

Yeah... honestly, I have no idea what the other date scenes are like but the Chie date scenes... oh my god, so many feels. (Christmas, Valentines day, New Year's, Summer Festival... HNNNG indeed).

Ok! I think i'll get P3P today actually :]
Is the PSN store version ok?

*reciprocated*

I've only seen Chie, Naoto and Rise's scenes, but Chie's are my favourite by a good margin. The others are actually kind of boring by comparison.

And yes, the PSN version of P3P is great. Bought it two weeks ago to play on a business trip and I'm still playing it as I type this :)

Just remember that dating girls/guys (for the female protagonist) is more involved in P3. You need to make several right choices over the course of their links rather than just confessing your love at Rank 8/9.

Now go forth, my brother. Go forth and enjoy!

EDIT: Also, get P4 Arena for PS3 so we can play together :3

OwlyKnees

And yes, I'd reccomend playing P3P if P4G is your first Persona experience. Watch 3's anime cutscenes on Youtube (I can PM you a list of when you should do so if you want)...

Could you possibly send me that list, Scrafty? I'll be purchasing the game sometime in April and that sounds like a great companion to have.

Can you forward that PM to me too? I just bought the game >:D

Awesome Chie drawing <3

Absolutely. Are you going male or female protag for your first time around? If male be sure to max out your Academics so you can mack on Mitsuru. Also Junpei is the best character in the series, so use him whenever you can.

Top Bottom