• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Does the difficulty increase the cost of summoning from the compendium?

I actually care a lot D:
I'd read that these are the main points of Risky Mode/Very Hard:

-Money is reduced, as is EXP received from battles (something about a factor of 0.4)
-damage taken is increased
-damage dealt to enemy is decreased
-Enemy gets stat multiplier by 1.7x (good luck with the first boss, then)
-I suppose by extension because you get way less money, the cost for the compendium personas will seem more expensive.

At least at NG+ you get options and sliders.

Dantis

It would be the first time in six years!

Ragnarok Odyssey made it safe and sound just last week.

Maybe I just got unlucky?

When I ordered P4G from Japan, I got charged an outrageous £32(!) customs fees. I complained, and they dropped £7.50 from it. Which meant I still paid £24.50 customs. FedEx really do you over with that stuff.

Venfayth

I'd read that these are the main points of Risky Mode/Very Hard:

-Money is reduced, as is EXP received from battles (something about a factor of 0.4)
-damage taken is increased
-damage dealt to enemy is decreased
-Enemy gets stat multiplier by 1.7x (good luck with the first boss, then)
-I suppose by extension because you get way less money, the cost for the compendium personas will seem more expensive.

At least at NG+ you get options and sliders.

Ah, thanks.

Options and sliders? :eek:

I went all out. Very Hard it is. New Game Plus will be a cakewalk anyways, and I already beat P4 twice, so I figure its time to make this game the hardest it can be. No Rise S-Link either, lets see if this can truly get hard.

Golbez

toasty_T said:
So everyone using the preorder cover is gonna have Yosuke as their background, right?

Right?

I've got three "pages" on the Vita now so I'm using Rise, Teddie, and Chie so far.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Maybe I just got unlucky?

When I ordered P4G from Japan, I got charged an outrageous £32(!) customs fees. I complained, and they dropped £7.50 from it. Which meant I still paid £24.50 customs. FedEx really do you over with that stuff.

£32! I would have had a breakdown.

I use the same supplier in New York time after time and touch wood have never had the problem (although I am well aware I could get stung at any time). I would imagine C&E enforcement is much more strict on imports from Asia given the sheer volume of import goods purchased for resale due to reduced manufacturing costs.

I'm really looking forward to playing this for the first time especially as its been a little while since I finished P3P.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Ah, thanks.

Options and sliders? :eek:
On NG+ you can swap difficulties on the fly.

So... if I'm reading the Japanese wiki right... You can set different parameters, apparently?

Damage taken: High/Normal/Low
Damage inflicted on enemy: High/Normal/Low
XP & Money: More/Normal/Less
Dungeon floor retry: Enable/Disable
Battle Retry: Enable/Disable

Venfayth

These are my homescreens right now :)

4eBeI.jpg

hkBWX.jpg

ZpiDS.jpg

ydmqK.jpg

My icons are kinda completely randomly placed, hahaha. But there'll be a p4g one accompanying them when I get home!

Aeana

Thank you. I wonder: If I delete Gravity Rush, will it allow me to re-download it at a later date?

edit: my PSN username is usvistar

Yes, but your save will be gone forever if you do that. EDIT: Oh, unless you upload it to the cloud via PS+.

Well, looks like I'm not getting the Solid Gold edition anymore since Amazon screwed up pre-orders. :-( :-( :-(

Gonna go grab a vanilla copy from Best Buy in a few hours, PSN: oliemoon if anyone wants to add.

Dantis

Haha, just accepted a load of friend requests, and everyone is on Golden.

Fun fact: Seems the JP and US lists are seperate. Double trophies for Dan! :O

Astra

Haha, just accepted a load of friend requests, and everyone is on Golden.

Fun fact: Seems the JP and US lists are seperate. Double trophies for Dan! :O

Not me! =( I'll be picking it up tomorrow at 8am!
I have some errands to run anyway, at that ungodly hour.

My PSN list is full. I'm too lazy to clear it out right now, but I will do so tomorrow and add some more of you.

Dantis

My PSN list is full. I'm too lazy to clear it out right now, but I will do so tomorrow and add some more of you.

Haha, if it makes you feel better, mine probably won't be here for days. My copy of GoW arrived today from the same place, and that took seven days to get here. If P4G takes the same, it won't arrive until Friday.

Dude, back Gravity Rush on a PS3 or a PC if y....oh wait the newest update fixed all this right?

this is my PSN Id, see if you who I might have forgotten to add can figure this out cuz apperently I am not XIAceOfSpadesIX, am I XiAceOfSpadesiX or XlAceOfSpadeslX or XLAceOfSpadesLX?

XIAceOfSpadeslX.png

FINALBOSS

Banned
So pumped.

Adding a ton of people from last few pages.

PSN: FLNALBOSS

<33

Just gotta finish SH2 first before I jump into P4 (god this game is fucking terrible on the HD collection--it'd be OK if I didn't stutter walk everywhere)

Koroviev

8AM is ungodly? I wish more stores were open before 10 :(

Astra

Haha, if it makes you feel better, mine probably won't be here for days. My copy of GoW arrived today from the same place, and that took seven days to get here. If P4G takes the same, it won't arrive until Friday.

Nah, now I just feel bad for you, too!
I know that feeling, though. Ordering from Amazon.com is really horrible for me when it comes to shipping. VLR took 13 working days to arrive. So 18 days altogether.

8AM is ungodly? I wish more stores were open before 10 :(

Haha, it is for me. I have sleeping issues, and I don't sleep very well at night. Most stores are open at 9am here, with a few exceptions opening at 8am. Though I am going to the Purolator depot to pick up my missed delivery. The delivery guy chose the mere 20 minutes out of the 9 hour delivery day I was out to drop by. I swear, they have an uncanny ability for that.

psycho17

Thanks to Amazon screwing up my solid gold edition order I ended up going to gamestop after work and grabbing a copy.
We doin PSN IDs? mines Dark__Psych0 if anyone wants to add me.

Dantis

Hey guys, you know whats the best part about Persona 4? This 3 or so hour intro!

Both times I've replayed it I've been like "Yep, I'm going to skip it for sure this time".

I never do. I love it too much. :(

Nah, now I just feel bad for you, too!
I know that feeling, though. Ordering from Amazon.com is really horrible for me when it comes to shipping. VLR took 13 working days to arrive. So 18 days altogether.

Wow, really? Why does it take so long?

Both times I've replayed it I've been like "Yep, I'm going to skip it for sure this time".

I'm listening to everything for the last time here lol. New game+, skippin' time. In other news, that one time Marie showed up to give me back my thing, her voice didn't sound that bad.

Golbez

XiAceOfSpadesiX worked!

Dantis said:

Same here. ...plus the Endurance Run. ...and The Animation subtitled. ...and The Animation dubbed. You'd think I could skip this by now, but... nope.

Astra

A testament to the quality of the game, when you just can't bring yourself to skip cutscenes.

I'd like to know that as well. I'm in Canada, but most other places don't take that long to ship to me. Hell, even orders from the UK get here within 2 weeks. Not sure what Amazon's deal is.

PSN discount: Y/N

Download Size: X.XX GB

why are these not in the OP? Atlus should hire better monkeys :p

I think it's 3.1GB. Right around that area, anyway.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Taking a break from adding people: I'm right at a boss in Silent Hill 2...gotta kill that f00l.

Add me: FLNALBOSS

The first L is a lowercase since I lost my original PSN name from 06 lolz

Dantis

I'm listening to everything for the last time here lol. New game+, skippin' time. In other news, that one time Marie showed up to give me back my thing, her voice didn't sound that bad.

I completely forgot about Marie's voice. I guess I just assumed it would be fine. It was in Japanese.

I'm going to miss Japanese Teddie's battle cries, and Dave Wittenberg's "Oh noooo!". Hope new Teddie can live up to them.

Jeels

So weirdest thing...

Ten or so people added me from this thread after I put up my PSN ID, but when I went to accept them, all of them gave me error messages saying that all the friend requests had been cancelled.

I'd get it if it were one or two but all of them? Yikes.

Top Bottom