• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

kuroshiki

=(

Oh my god...i am super upset...

So I know this is not something most people will sympathsize with, because I did order 2 copies of the Solid Gold edition. I got one that should arrive next week, but I also preordered one from local gamestop that I went to go pick up today.

I actually know for a fact that the gamestop had my solid gold edition over the weekend, because they showed it to me when I got my Wii U. I had it in my hands.

Anyway, I just went there to pick it up, and...they couldn't find it. :( They looked in the hold drawers, and all the cabinets they could think of, but they could not find the solid gold edition anywhere. They called the guy who opened the store in the morning, and he said that he had it, and he put it in the hold drawer, but it wasnt in there when the guys were looking. According the computer, it had not been sold to anyone else either. They're gonna look into it, I have to check back later in the week.

This is such bull shit, :( I don't have my solid gold edition today.

This means the gamestop guy was holding it for himself.

Ponn

Banned
The trifecta

Z2Lwd.jpg

fernoca

It always shocks me when I open a new Vita game and there's no manual or insert or anything. And there's clearly a little holder in the case for one too.
Well, tehre are isnerts in some games like online passes (first party online games)...or promotional stuff (Ragnarok Odyssey). :p

rivals

I got an email from amazon that my solid gold won't ship for a month, and the guy in Live Chat just told me it's because it's not released yet. What the fuck?

bigkrev

Ugh, 2 hours in and I already know this game is going to hook me. P3P did the same thing earlier this year, and the only reason I would stop playing that at any given time was if my PSP was out of battery. I'm guessing i'm going to be really unproductive the next few weeks.....

Necrovex

I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete Persona 2. Four hours in, and I am really disliking the battle mechanic in the game. I've been debating about dropping P2 and jumping to P3P and getting my girl action on. Does P2 *really* get amazing, regarding the plot and characters? Enough to stay for the mediocre gameplay?

Koroviev

Goddamn, I'm jealous! I wish I could be playing this for the first time - you don't know the spoilers right?

This is my first time playing it, but I do know one major spoiler. It was posted uncensored in a "sad video game moments" thread :(

And I really want to wipe my memory of Devil Survivor 2 and play through it again. I think I'm going to ignore my NG+ save and just start a fresh file.

Astral

I completely fucked up that stupid skin that came with the game. I put it on and couldn't get all the air bubbles out. There was also some dust and some fluff or something stuck to it. After trying again and again to get it perfect I just ended up making it ugly as hell. Now it's useless. The game is great of course. I like the added dialogue options and that umbrella scene with Chie in the beginning as well as how they let you walk around a bit more. I'm still only and hour and a half into the intro though. I forgot how long that thing is.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to complete Persona 2. Four hours in, and I am really disliking the battle mechanic in the game. I've been debating about dropping P2 and jumping to P3P and getting my girl action on. Does P2 *really* get amazing, regarding the plot and characters? Enough to stay for the mediocre gameplay?

The answer is yes. The P2 duology is flat out amazing for its story. It really is that good, not to mention the endings are some of the most memorable I have ever seen. IS takes a little while to get going, but man alive is it worth it.

In P4G news:

8205193846_9e520158d2.jpg

I'm still not done with the intro yet. BTW does this game allow for a suspend save? Not having it on a portable could be quite painful.

The audio and visual polish of this game is amazing. Everything is so pleasing.

Also, props for not using the standard Vita SDK save process and writing it themselves. Games that use the system level data management totally takes me out of the game.

Golbez

Just got a skill card from my second battle off of a 1 of Swords. The card is... Sukunda. ...that is a fantastic skill to have at the very start. I hope the bosses are ready to miss.

Bullza2o

Alright guys. I'm putting P3P on hold
I'm on January 4 or 6, and I think I'm close to finishing it

Now I'm gonna dive into this game tonight!

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Very Hard is like... a crash course in resource management (since you get more damage dealt to you + the enemies get a damage multiplier) and enforces the "buffing is your friend" concept. But I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like to use consumables in RPGs and thus hoards them, lol.

It's interesting.

I'm still not done with the intro yet. BTW does this game allow for a suspend save? Not having it on a portable could be quite painful.
Not a quick save. I think the only thing you can do is just lightly press the power button and put the system into sleep mode.

Koroviev

Very Hard is like... a crash course in resource management (since you get more damage + the enemies get a damage multiplier) and enforces the "buffing is your friend" concept. But I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like to use consumables in RPGs and thus hoards them, lol.

It's interesting.

Not a quick save. I think the only thing you can do is just lightly press the power button and put the system into sleep mode.

Is normal the recommended difficulty for first-timers? I have plenty of experience with other SMT games, but I have no idea how the difficulty scales.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Is normal the recommended difficulty for first-timers? I have plenty of experience with other SMT games, but I have no idea how the difficulty scales.
Normal's perfect for first-timers, imo, especially since you have experience with other SMT games.

With normal, the stuff is like this:
-Moderate/Normal Damage Taken
-Moderate/Normal Damage Given to Enemy
-Normal XP/Money
-You may retry dungeon floors if you die
-You cannot retry battles

Easy mode is like...
-Low damage taken
-high damage dealt to enemy
-normal XP/Money
-you may retry dungeon floors if you die
-you may retry battles

Hard mode:
-high damage taken
-low damage dealt to enemy
-normal XP/money given
-you may not retry dungeon floors if you die
-you may not retry battles

JJD

Even though I now have 3 new Vita games to play thanks to Plus I will buy this right now to support Atlus, the Persona brand and the Vita!

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Very Hard is like... a crash course in resource management (since you get more damage dealt to you + the enemies get a damage multiplier) and enforces the "buffing is your friend" concept. But I'm one of those weirdos who doesn't like to use consumables in RPGs and thus hoards them, lol.

It's interesting.

I do the exact same thing. I like to hoard items in the off-chance that I might need it for the final boss.

Finally finished downloading JSRVita so now I can get back to Persona.

Here's my main page:

2012-11-20-205212.jpg

Though obviously I have the others as well... I can post if people are curious.

=(

Oh my god...i am super upset...

So I know this is not something most people will sympathsize with, because I did order 2 copies of the Solid Gold edition. I got one that should arrive next week, but I also preordered one from local gamestop that I went to go pick up today.

I actually know for a fact that the gamestop had my solid gold edition over the weekend, because they showed it to me when I got my Wii U. I had it in my hands.

Anyway, I just went there to pick it up, and...they couldn't find it. :( They looked in the hold drawers, and all the cabinets they could think of, but they could not find the solid gold edition anywhere. They called the guy who opened the store in the morning, and he said that he had it, and he put it in the hold drawer, but it wasnt in there when the guys were looking. According the computer, it had not been sold to anyone else either. They're gonna look into it, I have to check back later in the week.

This is such bull shit, :( I don't have my solid gold edition today.
I sympathize. :-( Amazon fucked over a lot us who pre-ordered the Solid Gold with them, and this is a sold out low print run so if the copies aren't there now, I'm not optimistic that they will be in the future.

Top Bottom